Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-25-2017, 09:45 AM   #1
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Christmas Fun

As I've been madly working on a Christmas elf costume for Sunday, I realized I've done a number of costumes for Christmas. I was wondering if anyone else has done things for Christmas events or parades?

I'll start with what I've done.

The first Christmas thing was a Santa girl dress I bought while living in Japan. I've worn this many times. Which prompted the new costume for Breakfast with Santa this year.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/406606/

Then we started getting into doing the Santa Claus Parade. The first year we entered the theme was Winter Wonderland. I made an Ice Queen costume, that I later tuned into my summer Elsa.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/483366/

Then the theme for the parade was Old Town Christmas and I made an old fashioned Christmas Caroller.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/492544/

Last year the theme was A Toy Story Christmas. I made Raggedy Ann and Andy costumes for my husband and I.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/498538/

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

I just went through your gallery and your costumes look fantastic! I actually did want to do something Christmas related this year too; but unfortunately not the one I had wanted to do.
I wanted to do genderbent Christmas Zarc this year, with just the wig and green hair extensions (and it would have saved me money for a wig in the new year since I wanted to cosplay him anyways). The Yugioh fandom does this yearly thing called Zarcmas so I wanted to dress as him.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/a7aab968...yyro5_1280.png
https://img00.deviantart.net/8945/i/...ls-dasw880.png (Not based off the fanart, just the character design in the anime but you get the idea).
So instead I'm just doing Christmas Rin instead? Which is fine with me since she's one of my favourite characters in the show, but it would have been even more fun being Zarc xD.

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2017, 11:59 PM   #3
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

I've been considering doing one, but I gotta work on my Katsucon ones first before I can even seriously consider it.
All Might - My Hero Academia (Katsucon 2018)
Lt. Armstrong - FMAB (Katsucon 2018)
Goku (Ultra Instinct) - Dragon Ball Super (Katsucon 2018)

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplayers Group (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #4
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

For the Santa Claus Parade this year I used my pioneer dress. The theme was 150 years of Christmas in Canada.

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but one of the councillors took some great pictures. Here I am.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The Thing (1982)
Unread 11-30-2017, 09:31 PM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I do a cosplay in the local Santa Claus parade every year! It used to be the local comic shop in charge, but they hiatused and moved things over to the local board game cafe and our current only local convention. Lots of fun, long as I have layers and hand/foot warmers in my shoes and gloves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #6
Scunosi

I've never actually done anything Christmas or even winter-themed. I'm usually busy doing stuff with friends and family at the end of the year and don't go to local holiday events or cons so I'm not sure what I'd do with a heavily holiday-themed outfit. If I had to go to one I guess Wicke would do since she wears a sweater and cape, and actually thinking about it she'd look cute with a muff and pink earmuffs...

...actually maybe I should see if I have the free time to do a mini winter shoot with her...

Upcoming Conventions
Sakuracon 2018

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #7
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

I have now posted my Christmas Craft Elf costume. There are still more details I want to add to this, but I got it done for Breakfast with Santa.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/500787/

The Thing (1982)
Unread 12-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #8
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy_girl View Post
I have now posted my Christmas Craft Elf costume. There are still more details I want to add to this, but I got it done for Breakfast with Santa.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/500787/
Awww! Crocheting is a nice touch for cosplay ^^

As for me, while I already had answered this I'm currently am going to do my actual first Christmas related cosplay - well indirectly related. But I count it because the outfit I'm going to be wearing basically can pass as the actual outfit of my character even though it's really casual cosplay, I have a Santa hat I can wear and I have something that can pass as an actual costume xD
I've gone to Christmas related cons before, but I've never wore anything for the spirit of the season, so that's why I count this one as my first.

Follow me:

Unread 12-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #9
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

I've done a few things, but that's mostly sweater-and-a-wig sort of thing, haha.

Christmas Ariel was fun (we spent Christmas in Disney that year too-- what a cool experience!). I also did a Christmas Miku of sorts waaaaaay back, but the costume was just street clothes and the photos came out rough too, so I try not to think about that. :'D

I am doing a real winter/Christmas thing with some Love Live friends though! Got a few cute photos of me as Honoka out in the snow, and soon we'll be filming a cover of Snow Halation.
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #10
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

I've done a Santa Grell for a Christmas gathering one year. XD But that's the only actual Xmas-related cosplay I've done so far. I've wanted to do more, though!

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #11
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Update: I did bring my Santa hat with me when I wore casual Rin to Fan Days, but I didn't fit over my wig so I just had to carry it around with me xD. I can wear it over my own head, but then people wouldn't know who I'm supposed to be.
I don't who I'll wear to next year's con (mostly likely will be a costume I already have as per usual) but I made a note to wear a Christmas-style cape to wear to next year's con since I love that idea.

Follow me:

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 12-11-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Unread 12-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #12
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

This photographer has been posting pictures of some Christmas cosplay.

https://www.facebook.com/ConMomPhoto...dofazjPSJ3C3ME

The Thing (1982)
Unread Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #13
Alyxiane
Still a growing bud.

This would be the first time I'll be doing a sort of winter themed cosplay which will be for D.Va (I say winter instead of Christmas since the entire outfit is a pastel pink and white color scheme lol). Initially, I decided to do it just because until I found that there's going to be a Christmas in the Park cosplay event this weekend. It should be a fun little thing for cosplayers and photographers to hang out and get photos taken. ^^'
Miriam ~ Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | D.Va (Carbon Fiber) ~ Overwatch | Star Guardian Ahri - League of Legends

Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:51 AM   #14
lunaflora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxiane View Post
This would be the first time I'll be doing a sort of winter themed cosplay which will be for D.Va (I say winter instead of Christmas since the entire outfit is a pastel pink and white color scheme lol). Initially, I decided to do it just because until I found that there's going to be a Christmas in the Park cosplay event this weekend. It should be a fun little thing for cosplayers and photographers to hang out and get photos taken. ^^'
Is this the Christmas in the Park in San Jose?
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 02:49 PM   #15
Alyxiane
Still a growing bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaflora View Post
Is this the Christmas in the Park in San Jose?
Yup! First time going to that.
Miriam ~ Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | D.Va (Carbon Fiber) ~ Overwatch | Star Guardian Ahri - League of Legends

Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote