Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #1
MasterTygan

Spyro costume tips?

Hello! c:

Very new to cosplaying. (Like, as in my first cosplay experience was last month.)

My friend and I have decided on doing a Spyro and Egg Thief cosplay- I'm going to be Spyro, and really am a bit clueless where to start. I'm really busy, Work over 40 hours a week, and when I'm not at work I'm at school as a part time cosmetology student. So, time is sort of an issue, BUT I'm open to a challenge. I'd like to keep the costume reasonably cheap..

I'd really really love some tips on:
Wings, horns, contact lenses, scales, well- everything.

If YOU were going as spyro, what would you do?

Thank you so much in advance! I need all the help I can get!

(Also, just registered here like 20 minutes ago, so if I'm posting this wrong, just let me know!)
MasterTygan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

You might want to draw up an idea of what your cosplay might looks like. It could be any kind of cosplay. Armor and scalemail a la Legend of Dragoon, or a gijinka-type sweatshirt, or a full out quadsuit, it's entirely up to you.

For horns, I'd say look up some Homestuck horn tutorials. Most of them are written to be accessible to new cosplayers.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Sheik upgrades - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #3
Synaster

I'm planning this cosplay too! And it's frustrating the heck out of me! XD

A lot of the cosplays that I've seen were either mascot-like or made with dresses. But the route that I'm trying to go for is to make a gijinka that embodies his personality or what he'd wear if he were human. I could be over-thinking this, like I do when designing other gijinkas in my mind. However, I've come to find that a dress or skirt may be the easier route because it's harder to find shorts or pants that are about the right shade of purple.

For scales, I thought maybe I could wear purple opaque tights on my arms and legs, and then wear fishnet shirt and tights over that. However, the only fishnet shirt I found locally had the smaller holes, and I found out later that the two together look a little weird. I don't know if larger holes will look better. I also later realized that the tights aren't blue enough.

If you wanted to make scale armor, there are some foam armor tutorials floating around the internet. As for wings, good luck! One tutorial I saw had made wings out of an umbrella
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote