Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #15001
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

Thorn's not gonna be done in time for Halloween. ;_; I've run out of muslin and don't want to risk my good fabric. I'd rather get it done right once than have to refind my fabric. So I'll continue to work on the little things tomorrow, it's just the main dress that I've stalled on.

So tomorrow I will wear Speed Racer! XD

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-31-2008, 12:52 AM   #15002
*mik0 muffin !
~k i r a! ♥

buahaha for AU halloween cosplay~~ this will be a creative rukia =PP

ps - OMIGOSH I CANNOT WAIT FOR MY NEL WIG TO COME IN THE MAIL. PLEASE. D:

e v e n t s 2 0 1 2
Otakon
NYAF/CC
AUSA

i n p r o g r e s s / p l a n n i n g
Katara (AtLA) ~ Fire Nation Outfit

f i n d m e
deviantart
fanfiction
tumblr
*mik0 muffin ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2008, 12:59 AM   #15003
jukebox
made you look.

I can't believe it myself, but somehow, the monster that is LoliJoker is done in time for Halloween.

I have to wonder how many elite Loli people are going to be up in arms about it. Probably quite a few, but it's the Joker - it makes perfect sense to break some of the rules while accomplishing this Loli.

oh lord, I am wayyy too excited to see the looks on people's faces. XD
Unread 10-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #15004
AlphaNinn
I am me?

I... have no idea how I'm going to attach Akane's sleeves. Bah. And I have less than a week to figure this one out. It's nothing complicated, but I went about it in a really....weird... way.

I was digging through my closet, and found this HUGE cape I bought years ago at Spencer's. For a costume piece bought in a store like that, it's actually really nice. The hood sucks, but the cape itself, I like. It's not going to be a costume piece, however, its large enough to hide all of rufflebutt under it, meaning no one at work will know what I'm wearing until I want them to. I'm totally going in on my day off for this, lol. It may become my costume hiding cape at cons, too, if I don't want someone to see something until a certain time.
Unread 10-31-2008, 07:33 PM   #15005
Zipchan

I've changed costumes 4 times today.

I have 3 more ahead of me.

GAWD I love this time of year.
Zipchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #15006
MelonPlay
Abel Nightroad

I started on Agito's skirt yesterday. I only have to cut it a bit shorter and ad the second skirt but *bleh* too lazy right now.

Mad Moxxi - Borderlands

Next Con/Bookfair:

Connichi - Kassel/Germany
MelonPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #15007
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

I just got a flyer from JoAnne's in the mail and I actually have a little bit of money to spend this week so I think I'll get the lining I need for Kapel's skirt.

...if I can pry myself away from my NaNo long enough to get something constructive done at any rate
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #15008
Crystal Clover
Hatcher of Dreams

I hope my trip to Joanns Fabrics today will be rewarding! I would really like to start my Rosa cosplay soon

Next Convention - unknown

Livejournal
Deviant Art
Feel Free to add me!
Crystal Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 04:05 AM   #15009
AlphaNinn
I am me?

I have decided that my apartment is not sewing friendly, and that is why I haven't been able to bring myself to do major sewing. My dressform is in my kitchen, and I cut my fabric on the tiny entryway tile floor.

Curse this place for being nice, in my budget, and close to work, lol. ...maybe if I move my bed, I can get some more room in my bedroom. I do want my bed under the window for winter, but, then I'd have to move the shelf under the window, which would likely just kill any space I made. (I like my apartment quite a bit... but I forsee myself cutting my next ballgown's fabric outside on the landing.)

Gotta force myself, though, as Nekocon's in less than a week.
Unread 11-02-2008, 04:49 AM   #15010
MelonPlay
Abel Nightroad

I nearly finished the first skirt for Agito. I only have to cut about 2 more yards of fabric to make ruffles out of it x.x *sigh*

Mad Moxxi - Borderlands

Next Con/Bookfair:

Connichi - Kassel/Germany
MelonPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #15011
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNinn View Post
I have decided that my apartment is not sewing friendly, and that is why I haven't been able to bring myself to do major sewing. My dressform is in my kitchen, and I cut my fabric on the tiny entryway tile floor.
That sounds a lot like how I had to sew when I was in my apartment for college. I had no room whatsoever and had to cut all of my fabric out on the kitchen floor because it was the only area large enough to work. The floor was probably cleaned every two hours because of that, lol.

I'm almost finished with my skirt for Kapelteta. I just need to attach the bias tape and then line the sucker and its finished. Hopefully I can finish it before going to lunch with friends.
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #15012
shmac

For a minute I was mad, cause my friend went to Youmacon without me...then all of a sudden (after I ate chocolate, of course), I was totally excited, cause now I have one full year to plan next year out! =D That's so much time to make money for fabric...aaah, life is good again.
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #15013
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

I should seriously just do Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice cosplay from now on at cons - I just NEVER have as much fun in anything else as I do when I'm cosplaying cracktastic gay lawyers. XD
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #15014
Sabarae
Alexiel's Prince

Ah! Motivation! Why have you abandoned me!?

So, after a huge amount of flip-flopping and mind-changes, I have two, yes only two, costumes for Nekocon. Anthy and Freya are going. Sadly, my other two plans are just not going to happen. It's silly. I want to help my bf and best friend with their costumes, yet I can't get myself to care about finishing my own. Apathy for self-achievement at its finest.

I also have to balance money out and make sure I have a list of potential jobs to try to get once Nekocon is done. Else, Katsucon will be out of the question and Hugo will have to be pushed even further back. >.< Not to mention my only chance to possibly meet my favorite cosplayer would be tossed for another year -or more.

Today's objective: finish last details of Anthy and Freya, pack up costumes... and spend the rest of the otherwise productive day playing video games and watching tv. XP
Sabarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #15015
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Okay, so I just cut my list for this year way way back, and now it's just six, plus Girlycard and Viral (who are already done/well into progress). And of those five, they are reasonably spaced over the next year or so.

I would be sewing more on Viral but I am just miserably sick. >.> Maybe later today I'll like...get the bodysuit sewn together and fitted. Then I can work on adding the zipper and 'belt' to the costume. If all of that gets done today/tomorrow (because I don't work tomorrow), then..I'm sort of stuck until I can get some batting to make the shoulder pieces.

No costume stuff for a few weeks, mostly because I don't need to do anything and because I need to pay off bills. Will probably order Viral's wig in about a month, to make sure it gets here on time for Katsu.

Actually, after I finish sewing Viral, I'm pretty much done for a while, unless I decide to make the undergarments for Riding Habit Yuuko, and work on that hat.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 11-02-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote