Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #1576
Pika Pika Queen

I'm wishing I was at home working on cosplay...or I suppose working at a job to earn money for cosplay, instead of skipping class. xD

Unread 04-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #1577
Atrista
Dangerously Cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukino Kuneka
Because the hypnotic power of Utada Hikaru is SWAYING YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU. . .XD

It's Tetsuya Nomura's character designs for Riku this time 'round that got me.

God, she's so good isn't she? I'm so addicted to that song right now...
Complete: Tear (Tales of the Abyss) Mitsuru (Persona 3) Mitsuru Persona 3 Aigis Persona 3 Xianghua Soul Calibur 3 3 Alicia Valkyrie Profile 2 Lydie Erlanger Castlevania: HOD Ayame Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven Albus & Shanoa from Castlevania OoE

Upcoming....Judith from Tales of Vesperia[/size]

Senior Editor at GameSkinny.com - Hey Gamer, Get Heard!
Atrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #1578
SaltySlippers
ultraviolence

a urge tells me to cosplay Squall.
another urge tells me not to... i look nothing like him! but i want to cosplay squall. that gunblade is calling to meeeeeeeeee.

time to weigh my options.
either cosplay vincent valentine first or cloud ( both from advent children)
for vincent the clock, belts, and all his gear will be very hard to make. o-o but his wig, pants, shoes, and shirt will be easy.

for cloud i have to make his sword, that wig ( o-o), and his complicated sholder armor.

i love both v.v and c.s veryyyy much. hum. i think I can pull of vincent better.

i hear the kh2 theme song! *fan girl* i have 4 hours to play it today. : )

Last edited by SaltySlippers : 04-13-2006 at 04:25 PM.
SaltySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #1579
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Anyone who says that wonderflex is the bomb must be addled in the head. I've never seen such a difficult material to work with in my life. Made the mistake of trying to make anklets with it but now I have no idea how to make them stay connected in the back. Argh.
Unread 04-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #1580
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Y'all need to help contribute to my book. If you have hints on what not to do when working with a common cosplay material-- WONDERFLEX, FOR INSTANCE-- let me know! I'll add it to my book and credit you for it. This sort of thing really needs to be compiled somewhere, ya know? Which is why I've taken it upon myself to do it.

Unless, of course, someone's already done it and I don't know about it, like the whole Piano Squall incident, which still makes me cry a little inside.

--Penny
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #1581
crimson sky
Aikyo

*flail*
My mum moved my sewing machine so she can do taxes!
Taxes!
I need to sew! Screw the IRS!

penny- Only tips I have are on how to sew nasty sticky pvc ish materials.
crimson sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 03:57 PM   #1582
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Well, Crimson, send 'em my way!

I had to do taxes, too. But I kept my sewing machine in place, and did taxes on my bed. What's the purpose of a piece of furniture if all you can do is sleep on it? Beds are for multitasking!

I got a wig commission, yippee for me!

--Penny
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #1583
AuroraHermione

I think I'm gonna order my wigs today!!! Yay!!!

AuroraHermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #1584
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

I finished Riku's arm warmer today! YAY! It's short, and doesn't fit quit right in the top, but all the same. . .I made it with care and love, and it's bloody well close enough!

Although I should've used a zigzag stitch. . .Hmm.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #1585
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Oh, dear Dorian muse... your costume was already complete enough that I could wear it as is, while Hardin's is not. Why did you insist that I go out and buy a feather boa to add to that coat (which you might not even wear at ACen anyway) and three yards of black lycra so you could have one of your thieving catsuit type outfits? ;_;

Dear abused Hardin muse - I did get the velcro for attaching your armor while I was out, at least. You just have to understand, getting superglue all over my left hand the last time I did any work on your armor kind of made me wary of going back to it. You're still one of my very favorite characters ever, dear - your costume is just a giant pain in the butt.
Unread 04-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #1586
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

How Not To Get A Ride:

"Mom, I have to go to the store for tassles and leather."

T_T;; I didn't realize what I said for about 5 minutes.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:51 AM   #1587
natsukoarts
wanker? yes, please...

I took a break from anizona and drove in a rental to safeway to buy some beer still in ghetto sanzo from saiyuki costume (black turtleneck sleeveless, forehead chakra, sanzo arm sleeves, black pants and the blonde hair) - nothing else....

These fire fighters who were in the grocery store like 4 of them actually knew who sanzo was, i guess they were getting lunch, and they were like commenting and laughing and saying sanzo was a priest and all, blah blah blah, like they actually knew something about the saiyuki story...

i guess the anime universe if getting a little bigger, scary in a way but kinda cool!

i mean firefighters who know who sanzo is. whatever!
And I thought Arizona was some back-woods, boondocks, BS, crap-arse of a western, hick desert town...

(oh, i left out the part where the people were making derogatory fag comments, and "oh sh*t what a fag" and "damn that looks like a fag" and "well sanzo is a priest so that makes sense that he's a fag" comments. the comment that i think was the most wrong was "isn't sanzo supposed to have a little boy with him?") - at that point i didn't care anymore.

call me a fag all you want, cause you know what I am... but they are firefighters, I'd get beaten to a pulp... URASAI!

go figure
(in case you didn't care sanzo drinks heinekin when he cant get asahi)
aUSA sanzo. trowa. jessie (poke-crack). ghetto-suzu. yuki.

Last edited by natsukoarts : 04-15-2006 at 06:56 AM.
natsukoarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #1588
haruna
Fear my cookies of rue

Musing: I commissioned part of an outfit, and the box the amazing work came in is *perfect* to carve up and use for mockups for the parts I intended to do myself.

But AUUUUUUUUGH!!! I love my labradore doggie, yes I do, but why does your hair have to wander over to where it's least wanted!?! He's so soft and cuddly...If only his hair stayed on his body instead of coming out like dandiliion seeds 24/7.

I guess my commission piece will live in the box until I get another garment bag to protect it from the terrors of Labradore Retriever fuzz.

I've also had a change of heart about Sintra. Marikit, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Last edited by haruna : 04-15-2006 at 02:38 PM.
haruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #1589
makotohanabi
Chuu?

natsuko: Firefighters aren't that bad, had a run in with FBI last week while dressed as Soubi (without wig and bandages), but it had nothing to do with costuming.

Best complement I ever received for my Schuldig costume was at AnimeNEXT 04 at the hotel bar and another person there said it was great to see a Schuldig drinking German beer.

Should be working on my Leia costume since Balticon is a little over a month away, but best friend is visiting from Alaska and it's so nice outside.
Unread 04-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #1590
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

I'm wearing the arm warmer I made for my Riku costume right now.

Cosplay is SO addictive! This is actually the first cosplay item I've made that I really like, and I like it so much, I changed into a short-sleeved t-shirt just to wear it all over the place.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote