Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1131 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-17-2005, 12:00 PM   #166
Atasha
should be sewing

My sewing machine works fine for my mom when she uses it then it decides to give me a hard time when I use it. But I think there's something wrong with the tread tension or something dealing with thread. I'll have to ask my mom to thread it again.
I need to decide if I want to just buy the vest and pants for my Movie!Ed costume. :/ I think that would kill the time I have to make this in half and give me more time to focus on some other stuff. Ho hum.
Atasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-17-2005, 04:53 PM   #167
selaphri
a.k.a. mog

my spool ran out of thread JUST as i was finishing up making those pants. o.o but i still need more thread for the rest of the outfit. guess i'm running off to get some more sometime soon. i need to go grocery shopping anyway.

...sitting in my apartment, wearing random cosplay items, and singing anime karaoke is fun! :P
Unread 12-17-2005, 05:26 PM   #168
Ranken

so far i have to make these big sleeves for my mugen cosplay. lots of work. (-_-);; I'm still working on finding getta shoes, maybe im better off hand-making them.
then there's my sword how can I make my samurai sword like mugens???
Unread 12-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #169
Azira

I dont know what cospalt to start for Anime Boston....i have a bunch of suggestions but i cant choose one and its fustrateign as hell! !hjfdikherfjyhoeirpjyhre!

:sigh of releif: i needed that
Azira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2005, 06:54 PM   #170
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

Why must it take so long for that bloody gel to dry? *bangs head on keyboard*

I wanna make my gloves, but I might use up fabric I need for my trenchcoat. Dammit. >< And I'm feeling too lazy to make a mock-up of the trench right now.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2005, 12:23 AM   #171
SpaurhSpoor

Here what on mind getting a good sewing machine to make my cosplay for under $100 and getting my hands on good digital camera, so when I done making my cosplay I can post pictures. Finally, when on this planet I'am going to get the calatog from greenpeppers.com so I can order a pattern that I need for my cospaly?

Always try to be nice people and don't allow hate to destory your heart and your joy of life.

Currently working on my first cosplay as Lafiel from Crest of the Stars. 1% finished
SpaurhSpoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2005, 07:07 AM   #172
KaiJule
Gone

oh why oh why, I was practising sewing bracelet seeds to fabric and ALL the seeds fell to the ground, oh why oh why T______T
KaiJule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2005, 12:22 PM   #173
SaltySlippers
ultraviolence

so littlte girls cosplay zabuza.

://// darn you all.
SaltySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2005, 01:50 PM   #174
AncientWanderer
Sidekick Cosplayer

Well, I finally reached that point where there was nothing else I could possibly work on with the materials I have....so I'm going on a fabric-and-material-buying binge today. I mean, whatever binge buying is possible with only about $40-50 to spend (I STILL need to buy Christmas presents :P )

On an off-topic note: I made a moogle cookie for our first batch of Christmas goodies. ^_^ It took me ages to eat it because it's just too cute. I still can't bring myself to eat the head lol. I wish I had a camera so I could take a pic and capture the memory forever! Wait, wait! It's IS on-topic! My cookies COSPLAYED as a moogle!
Unread 12-18-2005, 02:13 PM   #175
kabuki_KILLER
Sewing like a spider

We really need to finish our Myaku costumes. >_<

Why hasn't Kaoru_ai answered back about whether or not she'll be cosplaying Merveilles Gackt with our group?
Unread 12-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #176
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

The spikes aren't staying together :'( Maybe I need to apply more gel. . .

Yes. . .more is always good. XD
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2005, 11:01 PM   #177
AncientWanderer
Sidekick Cosplayer

For the second night in a row, I sit here at midnight thinking, "Hmm...I wonder if I could start my Lucca tunic." Yes, that's right: not work on, START. Can you just imagine how long it would take me to organize and cut the pattern, much less start to sew the damn thing?

And I was wondering why I was so tired at work this morning....I swear I'll be the same way tomorrow, too.
Unread 12-20-2005, 12:45 AM   #178
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukino Kuneka
The spikes aren't staying together :'( Maybe I need to apply more gel. . .

Yes. . .more is always good. XD
Try hair spray or gelatin. Gel is made to work with natural hair, and assuming you're working with a wig, it won't do what it's supposed to.

Hanging the wig head upside down while it dries to form the spikes also helps.

As for myself...

I find myself wanting a sparkly outfit that a singer (non-Japanese/Korean/anything really "acceptable" at an anime con) once wore, with thousands of stupid little beads and a little cape. I'm wondering where in the world I'd even wear the costume.... (aside from the one event that got me thinking of it in the first place!).

Also wondering if I can afford the time to make it with real beads sewn on, or if I should fake beading with fabric paint (the puffy type) or gluing beads on... wanna make it beaded, but again... time and lack of places to wear it again bother me...

*sigh* And why can't I work on Rith yet?

And why does my dream cos seem to need so many different textures and materials, along with require things to be fitted just right? Gah. But I AM looking forward to shopping for and sewing with silver-grey and light blue-teal suede.

I don't have time for all this...it all takes longer than what I expect!

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2005, 12:48 AM   #179
Captain Gundam

S.W.A.T. megazord looks cool to wear but to make it? i dont know... but people love mecha so its a maybe
Unread 12-20-2005, 01:00 AM   #180
kenseikishi
lithe panther wildness

Just finished re-doing the lining for my FFT Wizard caplet because my cat destroyed the first one. Now I have to sew the rest together, make another collar, reattach it all to the cloak... then cut and sew all those stupid green stripes on a pair of pants. All by hand
kenseikishi is offline   Reply With Quote