Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1052 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #25546
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletNvrland View Post
It saddens me to see that people who aren't necessarily in shape but have really well constructed costumes that actually work with their body types are deemed as "bad cosplayers" by the media; while girls who have nice physiques, but only wear a few cotton balls are deemed as the "best cosplayers"...

Wow...
SECONDED.

I might be about to make my fourth trip in three days to Michael's Arts and crafts. Two of those trips, I bought picture frames. If I go today, then two of those trips will have been for yarn.

I've looked up a lot of patterns for the vest, and I don't like any of them, so I might just BS my way through it and hope that it works.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #25547
juusanbantaigrr

With my cat's help, I managed to sew one strap onto my Mio dress today. Which I had to rip off. And resew again. And rip off because it was crooked. And resew again :P

"I'm a goddamn marvel of modern cosplay!"
juusanbantaigrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #25548
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

I finally got all of the wood needed to start on my prop for kusuriuri, as well as finally having got started on the embroidery for his obi. This is going to take forever, but its going to be worth it.
Unread 09-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #25549
Lady Marionette
Call me Pixi! :]

It seems like I've been on a roll for all white cosplays lately.

First CC, then Chii (Tsubasa R.C version) and now Sheryl's white gown based off an art on Newtype magazine!

Correction! Make that Rami, then CC, Chii and now Sheryl. Oi... OTL

Last edited by Lady Marionette : 09-18-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Lady Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #25550
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

One of my friends just told me how much he spends yearly on his hobby (Hobby Stock Car Racing).

And now I feel much better about how much I spend on cosplay.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #25551
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Waiting for my jacket to come in the mail.

CONVENTION IN 6 DAYS. HURRY. kthxbaii

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #25552
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Why must sleeves be so difficult? That's what I've been thinking for the last few weeks.
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #25553
tsuoi_kaze
PERSONA! *bang*

Quote:
Originally Posted by juusanbantaigrr View Post
I need a job to pay for my cosplay. I need a job to pay for my cosplay. COME ON PEOPLE I NEED A JOB TO PAY FOR MY COSPLAY!!

Something tells me I'm going to be flipping burgers this winter :P
I'd rather flip burgers than be unemployed XP But I'm really scared that if I don't find a job soon I'll have to go back to temping. I HATE temping. Sometimes I'll get called in for jobs every week for a month and then I'll go three months with nothing. It's EXTREMELY undependable.
tsuoi_kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:30 PM   #25554
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuoi_kaze View Post
I'd rather flip burgers than be unemployed XP But I'm really scared that if I don't find a job soon I'll have to go back to temping. I HATE temping. Sometimes I'll get called in for jobs every week for a month and then I'll go three months with nothing. It's EXTREMELY undependable.
I pick up dirty linen and trash for a living. : D There are a lot of jobs that are better than being unemployed.

Best of luck finding a steady job. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #25555
Kerodohi
No longer active

I dread the day that will likely soon be coming. The one where I have to admit that there's no way I can afford to make any more cosplays this year, except for Kenshin because I already have most of his materials. The one where I have to tell the cosplay groups I was planning to be in that I've got to drop them for this year.
Alas, it was a choice between Adobe CS5 and a new cosplay.
Therefore, school will be allowed to eat my life for the next few months.
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #25556
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
One of my friends just told me how much he spends yearly on his hobby (Hobby Stock Car Racing).

And now I feel much better about how much I spend on cosplay.
This is the kind of thing I try to tell myself/my parents whenever I/they complain about how expensive cosplay is. There are more expensive hobbies out there, darnit! xD

Okay, so, I'm leaning away from doing my original design (which was pretty bad anyway, in retrospect) and asking someone else if I can do a version of Axel they drew which would be SO COOL. But then I feel bad because my cape is already 3/4 embroidered... but I could adapt it to work with the new version, maybe? Or just use it later?

For Sale
~ Wine Red Braid ~
Charubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #25557
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Cons of not being able to afford school: Not going to school, living at home, having to deal with my parents and little brother on a daily basis without being able to tell them that I'm walking through a spot with no cell phone reception, my mom being able to ask me "What money did you use to buy that fabric? Wouldn't it be better to put that in your college fund?", not living within walking distance of the fabric store, a lack of high-speed internet.

Pros of not going to school: Babysitting the kids I love, the cons around Sacramento, hanging out with my Invasion peeps, my job, my cat, my sewing room where I happen to sleep.

I don't have a bedroom. I have a sewing room where I happen to sleep.

Speaking of stuff, I just got $20. Who's going to the fabric store? Polly. Polly is going to the fabric store. And Polly will buy fabric and trimmin' for her Layer Cake Bodice. Then Polly will have 1 week minus 1 day to fix her Layer Cake Bodice, with it's insane buttons and ribbons and sleeves and RAWRGH.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #25558
Curucar

WHY AM I STILL UP. I was up inhumanly early to walk with a steampunk-themed float in a parade this morning, but am bent on getting Zuko reference pics before the day is out. And have decided that I'm DEFINITELY doing his casual teahouse outfit instead of the dressy one he wears in the season finale.
Unread 09-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #25559
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Hypercon~<3

I met a really nice Tifa cosplayer and forgot to get her number D: Crap!

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #25560
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charubi View Post
This is the kind of thing I try to tell myself/my parents whenever I/they complain about how expensive cosplay is. There are more expensive hobbies out there, darnit! xD
At least your cosplay doesn't cost you $10,000+ per year. o: And (usually) serious bodily harm as well.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14