Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #25546
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
One of my friends just told me how much he spends yearly on his hobby (Hobby Stock Car Racing).

And now I feel much better about how much I spend on cosplay.
This is the kind of thing I try to tell myself/my parents whenever I/they complain about how expensive cosplay is. There are more expensive hobbies out there, darnit! xD

Okay, so, I'm leaning away from doing my original design (which was pretty bad anyway, in retrospect) and asking someone else if I can do a version of Axel they drew which would be SO COOL. But then I feel bad because my cape is already 3/4 embroidered... but I could adapt it to work with the new version, maybe? Or just use it later?

Unread 09-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #25547
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Cons of not being able to afford school: Not going to school, living at home, having to deal with my parents and little brother on a daily basis without being able to tell them that I'm walking through a spot with no cell phone reception, my mom being able to ask me "What money did you use to buy that fabric? Wouldn't it be better to put that in your college fund?", not living within walking distance of the fabric store, a lack of high-speed internet.

Pros of not going to school: Babysitting the kids I love, the cons around Sacramento, hanging out with my Invasion peeps, my job, my cat, my sewing room where I happen to sleep.

I don't have a bedroom. I have a sewing room where I happen to sleep.

Speaking of stuff, I just got $20. Who's going to the fabric store? Polly. Polly is going to the fabric store. And Polly will buy fabric and trimmin' for her Layer Cake Bodice. Then Polly will have 1 week minus 1 day to fix her Layer Cake Bodice, with it's insane buttons and ribbons and sleeves and RAWRGH.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #25548
Curucar

WHY AM I STILL UP. I was up inhumanly early to walk with a steampunk-themed float in a parade this morning, but am bent on getting Zuko reference pics before the day is out. And have decided that I'm DEFINITELY doing his casual teahouse outfit instead of the dressy one he wears in the season finale.
Unread 09-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #25549
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Hypercon~<3

I met a really nice Tifa cosplayer and forgot to get her number D: Crap!

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #25550
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charubi View Post
This is the kind of thing I try to tell myself/my parents whenever I/they complain about how expensive cosplay is. There are more expensive hobbies out there, darnit! xD
At least your cosplay doesn't cost you $10,000+ per year. o: And (usually) serious bodily harm as well.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #25551
Kayobreaker
Registered Zombie Killer

Going cosplay shopping tomorrow time for my wallet to get skinny again XP
Fanime 2011
Anime Expo 2011

Future Cosplays:
Tidus-FFX
The Executioner -ACB
Ermac - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mandolorian - Star Wars
Kayobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #25552
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
At least your cosplay doesn't cost you $10,000+ per year. o: And (usually) serious bodily harm as well.
O.O

... brb, just fainted.

xD; Okay so not really, but dang! And then you've got the injuries plus bills for treating the injuries... yikes. But I suppose, if that's what you like doing....

Also, I need to stop listening to United States of Pop (Blame it on the Pop). Because it's making me really want to make a Blame it on the Cosplay video, but I don't really have enough costumes right now. So, by extension, it's making me want to cosplay more. And I don't currently have time! GAAAAH.
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:31 AM   #25553
Tariana

I have to think of someone I can dress up as to a SciFi and Literary weekend (afternoon) at a Renaissance Festival. I have zero sewing abilities and no money.

I need a job. Yesterday.

I also want to do (as in piece together) costumes for:
-Jaina Solo
- Steampunk fairy tale character. (A specific one, but that's under wraps)
- A gray lady. I want to find an old wedding dress, a bunch of lace and cobwebs, maybe a hat and dye it all gray. I already have an idea for my friends with this one. By old I mean like 1920s and earlier.

I also want to learn how to sew. (This would require being able to afford my own sewing machine and somewhere to actually put it... oh and being able to sit still for that long.)
I also want to lose a little weight... okay I just want a flat tummy. The pooch needs to die.

Hmm... I wonder what I can get at the local Goodwill with $11 in dimes... although those dimes would be better spent on bills. Did I mention I need a job?
Tariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #25554
alliaxandromeda
Aura Guardian

*wonders* Is it even feasible to make England from Hetalia's military uniform in time for the 31st October when the convention is?
alliaxandromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #25555
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

I just had one of those "what the hell was I thinking" moments. Think I'll do something else for a while to let my brain relax.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #25556
Liberty53000

Grrrrr....sdhfvnalierkQ! wHY CAN'T I find a newpaper to make a stupid paper mache mask?! No one around here sells newpapers!!! D:<

/endrant
Liberty53000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #25557
Giratina
Here we go!

Finally, the wig and the tickets have been ordered... after four and a half days of pestering. Dx Ye gods. Anyhow, now all that's left to do is the Got2B stuff and the wig head, and I'll be all set for super-de-duper Isa-wig-induced FUN.
Unread 09-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #25558
juusanbantaigrr

I'm considering throwing a lace overlay onto my Mio dress-- I just found a ton of black lacy stuff in my drawer and it would cover up the issues I had with the waistband :P

"I'm a goddamn marvel of modern cosplay!"
juusanbantaigrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #25559
Pretty_Panda

After 2 years of wearing this costume, I'm finally almost done with Pence. Just have to paint the 2 on that back, and touch up the tiny dogstreet, and done! Then onto a hanger it goes with everything else for the costume. Except the ice cream, cause that would be akward to hang. >.>

Today's mission: Go to walmart and get some fleece for my friends hat, a crap ton of red sharpies so he can finish coloring his fur sleeves, and cutting up more chair cushion to finish this large tail thing, which then needs to be furred. @_@ And hopefully get some sewing on the 4 trillion things I have to do done.

I may want the con to come sooner, but I'm totally glad I still have like, 2 months until it's go time. xD

I also just wanted to say how much I love this thread and all of you people who post in here regularly, I enjoy reading what y'all are up to, it gives me something to do other than what I should be doing. xD
Pretty_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #25560
Echosong

-insert heavy sigh here- I'm such a bad person. I say that I'll cosplay this one person, then I change to another, then another, then another, then another, and now I'm here. Guess what? I'm changing the character again ._.

Now I have to save up enough money for patterns, boots, spray paint, fabric, thread, cogs, and various other steampunk things.

Most likely attending : A-KON

Friday: Jack Skellington
Saturday: Mad Hatter
Sunday: Steampunk
Echosong is offline   Reply With Quote