Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1144 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #3061
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

*stares at Nny shirt*

....I think it looks nice for being freehanded.

Bweh. I'm either sick, or this is the worst set of con jitters I've ever had. I get really tired, and then I don't sleep.

...I'm sick. Crud.. *goes off to take some decongestant and sleep it off before going to the dentist tommorow*

Working the Thursday before a con is teh suck. It's going to make me unbelievable antsy and uncomfortable and sick and I won't be able to home. x.x

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 08-01-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #3062
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Runi, you need tea. It helps with the sickness. It helps with the stress. I think I've had seven mugs today, and it's gotten me through every disaster life can hand me. You can't panic, especially with hyperventilation, with a mug of something boiling hot in your hands.

Sometimes I hate the cosplay community for being catty, but then I see how much love and support is going on on this thread, on LJ, on AIM, and everywhere between cosplayers struggling to get stuff done and then I remember: COSPLAYERS ARE AWESOME.
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #3063
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

^.^ I can try some tea...should help me sleep better, hopefully. I'm not having a good week. *bweh* It's kinda unsettled around here, since I'll be moving soon.

Otakon should make things better, I hope.

I'm watching some Animaniacs too, which is helping. XP
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #3064
Plague Rabbit
i aim to misbehave

So. Uh. How does one go about making a Giant Robot exactly? I must ... make ... robots ...

Also - never thought of using lamanite tile as armor. Have you?
Plague Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #3065
SkippingSith
FOR GONDOR!

My laptop just died. It won't turn back on. Which means that if it DOESN'T magically resurrect itself, I'll have lost a massive amount of reference pictures. Please excuse me while I go scream.
SkippingSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #3066
Byakko

My contacts, which were suppose to have arrived last week, are still not in.

I'm leaving for Otakon in two days.

GAAAAH. *flails* D:

And I want my gourd for Gaara to paint itself.
Byakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #3067
SaltySlippers
ultraviolence

I've yelled about this for a while but NO WIG IS IN MY HANDS. I ordered it a month ago. Where is it? Lost in the mail? GRR.

P.S: Vanilla tea= the gross. Any of the snapple herbal tea's are the best! ^_^
SaltySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #3068
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

As far as tea goes...if you're feeling antsy, I reccomend chai. Decaf preferably, it still tastes the same but it has none of the caffeine. My experience is anything that's not decaf will make the jitters worse. Any fruit or herbal tea is good too, like SaltySlippers said. The Tazo lotus, zen, and calm are great.

I should follow my advice. I think I'm gonna, I'm getting pre-Otakon jitters too. @.@

argh. so much to do, so little time. :O~

Good thing the heat wave will be over come Friday. It would really suck to have 100+ temperatures for Otakon.

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #3069
Hasu
Aiiiish, 정말

Am I some kind of rabbit, or ferret or gerbil or hamster? Am I something to be pet and treated all cutesy? I think not. *rants*

I notice more and more, a lot of the time before people say my name, they put and "Awww," and it's getting annoying.

I mean, REALLY. It's not that I don't like the comments. I appreciate whatever people have to say about my costumes. But when people go, "Awww, Hasu, your glare is so cute!" or something, it gets to be irritating. It's hard to make a name for yourself as a serious, hardworking, mature cosplayer when people treat you like a French Bichon with a ribbon around it's neck. It's gotten to the point that if someone says anything otherwise, I'm overly grateful. ^_^

I was just thinking back on AX and looking through my picture comments and I realized that it's happening a little too much. It's okay for, say, Yuffie or Aeris, but when it comes to evil characters, like Kadaj, can't people tell that I'm NOT trying to be 'adorable'? Some pictures were intended to capture his child-like tendancies, yes, but some that weren't get treated the same.

In conclusion, I'm not a dog you lean over and go, "How cuuuute~!" I'm being serious about making costumes and I'd appreciate it if I got something besides 'Awww' before my name. You know, dogs DO bite your nose when you lean over too often. XP

I appologize for this rant, but my sister called me cute twice and it got to be too much. >.>
Hasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #3070
ookami-chan

I'M DOOOOOOOONE! DONE DONE DONE DONE!! My keyblade is FINALLY DONE! After HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS of painting, its doooone! I've sprayed on the sealer, and now all I've got to do is pack it in bubble wrap and bring it up to my friend's house tonight. Her mom brings my friend's younger twin brothers up to Otakon each year, and they're leaving tomorrow night. She has a big SUV, and my friend has a tiny two-door, so we're packing all of our big things (box 'o wigs, three keyblades, and a Gaara groud) in the SUV.

Speaking of packing, I haven't packed yet! :3 Hence why I'll be calling in work "sick" tomorrow. xDD

BUT OMGSH ITS DONE!! It took me over six hours just to paint one side of the blade. x_x All in all, it took my about four days to finish.

YAY!! ITS DONE!! =D

My Kairi is almost done too. I've just got to paint one more bracelett and I'm good. =D
Seasaltnobody~
Jesse-Chan~
ookami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #3071
SkippingSith
FOR GONDOR!

SPONTANEOUS COMPUTER RESURRECTION AND OMG MY PICTURES ARE STILL INTACT.

That being said, I just realized I've got more work to do on my cosplay than I thought. Still have to paint the Yuna shoes, finish my friend's Yuna hair tail, redo my Festival Goer Yuna fan...
SkippingSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #3072
Milai Sapphire
...it's never ending...

XD Why do I keep working on the costume (gakuen heaven) I don't need in like 10 days...>.> crap, I feel the stress...why why!??! Must focus on my Ringo cosplay. T___T The pretty soft silky ribbon...must touch the trim every time I pass by it...XD XD XD XD~~

-panics- 10 days though....>.> I don't think I can do all those patches in that time. And I don't have an embroidery machine to make pretty patches. (wonder if I could do the design and get someone to do it for me) ;___; what should I do??????

Current Projects:

Rumati ~ Casual Outfit [Hanasakeru Seishounen] + Rumati ~ Royal Outfit [Hanasakeru Seishounen] + Ayase ~ Phantasm Outfit [Chaos;HEad] + Ayase ~ School Uniform [Chaos;HEad] + Kyrie [Umineko no Naku Koro ni]

(pretty much all for ALA....x___X がんばります~)

Planned Cons/Gatherings:ALA 2010, Fanime 2010, AX 2010.

Milai Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #3073
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKittyMulu
As far as tea goes...if you're feeling antsy, I reccomend chai. Decaf preferably, it still tastes the same but it has none of the caffeine. My experience is anything that's not decaf will make the jitters worse. Any fruit or herbal tea is good too, like SaltySlippers said. The Tazo lotus, zen, and calm are great.

I should follow my advice. I think I'm gonna, I'm getting pre-Otakon jitters too. @.@

argh. so much to do, so little time. :O~

Good thing the heat wave will be over come Friday. It would really suck to have 100+ temperatures for Otakon.
I suppose I should start getting those nice Snapple White Teas from work (since I've actually got a taste for tea now, HOMG). Oh, and get some nice fruit teas while I'm out tommorow (At the dentist, bweh.NO FILLINGS, PLZKTHNKS). I drink far too much caffine. ^.^ Need to decaffinate myself anyway; soda rots your teeth.
Snapple drinks taste better anyway. I don't know why I stopped getting them. They're cheaper than sodas where I work. (1.36 for a soda, with tax! Snapple drinks are 1.09.)

I've also been achey lately, so if anyone else is having that problem (if your jitters are that bad as well), a heating pad works wonders to get you to sleep. Put it on medium or low and put it wherever it hurts (which is most likely between the shoulders or the back), and you'll feel a lot better.

Probably would help to be on a regular sleep schedule. ^.^ Which I'm not, unfortunately.

I think that the heat wave's lasting until maybe Friday afternoon. Then it passes, hopefully. I'm cosplaying AC Shinra on Friday, and I don't want my minions (Turks), the Clones, Vincent, or myself to faint in the heat at the private shoot. That would be bad, especially since Vinny's in pretty much head to toe leather.
I'm all packed up, which is why I think I'm getting the fidgets. I'm just being impatient. XP And after Otakon, I'll go nice and slow making Toph, because she's going to be difficult, I can tell.

Whaha. Jake sounds like Zuko. I'm in fangirl bliss. XD

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 08-01-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Unread 08-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #3074
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

:P I've been a weeny bit achey. Mostly my neck. Gee. Imagine that. :3

I love tea. And ice cream. I'm consuming both at the same time.

Ouch. All leather...yeah fainting is bad. I'm hoping my friend (Ginger Catgirl) doesn't overheat in her battle Ashura.

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #3075
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

I want a decent camera. The one I bought for myself ages ago is pure crap, and I hate it with a passion (at the time I thought I did pretty good research, too....). So I always use my mom's, which annoys her. But I don't have much of a choice, since the battery is always dead in mine. I really need a camera that doesn't need to be charged everytime I go to use it (and that doesn't eat the batteries within minutes of turning it on). Why do they have to be expensive....

(Yeah, I love taking photos as much as I like being in them ^^)

And today I nearly went insane curling Terra's ponytail. Looks cool at least. And Ethrin's bangs went smoothly, and look absolutely perfect, too. Dunno if I'll post pictures here until I finish it, but I'll at least send them to haruna (I'm styling the wig for her).
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote