Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #33046
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Got my hair extensions yesterday and I love them just next time I try them out need to make sure my hair is straight. Next test is try different styles for my hair. Plus having hair to the middle of my back is really weird.

Got a lot of sanding done on my gun yesterday to the point where my hand felt like it was still shaking. Hopefully by the end of this week I can have it primed and move on to the next one I need to work on. I have a feeling the actual painting is going to be the easy part
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #33047
Yukikittie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
I wonder why these people are my friends.

Someone posted a picture of a none too bad cosplayer on her FaceBook.

They're proceeding to pick apart her cosplay, saying about what a bad cosplayer she is.

First of all. So what if she doesn't look like the character. Sure, she could have looked more like the character with proper makeup. But judging from the photo, its a con shot from the end of the day, or from a private pic to show her friends something she finished sewing.

Her wig is gorgeous. Her costume looks like she made it herself. Way better at sewing than I could ever do, even if its not fitting her body correctly.

Making fun of her smile? Well excuse me, its not something you can fix.

Just kind of... raging at these people. I'm the only one standing up for this poor girl whom I don't even know. I'm really glad she can't read what they're saying about her.

EDIT: And now they're all laughing at me, saying they're free to have their opinions, and are now deleting all my comments.
I would definitely unfriend them if I was in your situation. I don't want to be friends with anyone like that.
Unread 03-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #33048
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Been so focused on my M10 costume that I've forgotten to find and iron my Yoshika costume, touch-up the wig and fix the gun xD eh, I'll get to it.

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #33049
Anmanda

Quote:
I wonder why these people are my friends.

Someone posted a picture of a none too bad cosplayer on her FaceBook.

They're proceeding to pick apart her cosplay, saying about what a bad cosplayer she is.

First of all. So what if she doesn't look like the character. Sure, she could have looked more like the character with proper makeup. But judging from the photo, its a con shot from the end of the day, or from a private pic to show her friends something she finished sewing.

Her wig is gorgeous. Her costume looks like she made it herself. Way better at sewing than I could ever do, even if its not fitting her body correctly.

Making fun of her smile? Well excuse me, its not something you can fix.

Just kind of... raging at these people. I'm the only one standing up for this poor girl whom I don't even know. I'm really glad she can't read what they're saying about her.

EDIT: And now they're all laughing at me, saying they're free to have their opinions, and are now deleting all my comments.
Sounds a bit like some of my friends, only that they're not cosplayers so they talk about "normal" peoples pics... I don't get the point of it... They can be all like ohmygod she's like sooo wierd (when they don't actually know the person) look at this picture, and then they lagh at pictures of said person.. She is still a human you know.. with eyes and a nose and a mouth and most of all, FEELINGS <__< And when I say something like, "I bet she'd look good even in your eyes with some makeup and good looking clothes" and they go all NO ohmygoood no that wouldn't be possible I mean look at her.... and what annoys me the most is that I kind of was like this too.. but that was like... two years ago.. I grew up. My friends didn't...
(lol somehow this made my friends sound really bitchy...)
Oh my, I'm getting really off topic here, but basically what I wanted to say, I know that feeling of rage... And that was kind of over the top by your friends to start deleting your comments ._.

But back on topic, I really want to continue sewing on my Bernkastel dress... BUT MY EYES ARE GLUED TO THE COMPUTER SCREEN. I need to get my ass out of this sofa and into the chair in front of my sewing machine.
.. I also get the feeling that this post is filled with English fails.. my brain is slow today due to lack of sleep.. and English isn't my first language... yeah xD
Anmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #33050
Szekatka

I hope i write in the suiatble topic.
So i have a question. I would like to make a costume but the problem is that the character's cloth is really fitting and i am not really thin. My question is: Is it really bad if i will make it with skin-colored material? I mean, i would sew the outfit, then i sew it onto a 'coveralls'? Because i'm shy about my body but if i wore something on my legs (for example, so they're not naked) and on my stomach I would feel better.
I'm asking that because that solution is a bit lame, isn't it? Or it is possible to pull out a character well with a costume made this way?

For example a character. As I wrote earlier i would make a costume like this in this way: sew the coveralls and onto it the 'boots/legs' and the top.
I worry about this solution because i think it's a little bad-looking if someone's stomach is covered by a skin-coloured fabric/top... [Because if i turn around, the cloth is rucking and that is very unrealistic...]

Maybe that was a little incomprehensible. But if someone understood it, please tell me what you think about it?

Last edited by Szekatka : 03-16-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Szekatka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #33051
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Yay... made a lot of progress yesterday. Decidedly to scrap a couple of adjustments to the wing due in large part to the additional work that it would entail. Those changes will have to wait till next season.

Sewing by hand is a pain in the arse. Will definitely sew in the patch by machine. It's coming out pretty nicely especially for my skill level vs the skill level required listed on the d**n pattern, "advanced" and I just started sewing two months ago... >_>
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #33052
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Soooo many great cosplay ideas. Why am I stuck at work where I can't do anything about it?? XD
Unread 03-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #33053
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukikittie View Post
I would definitely unfriend them if I was in your situation. I don't want to be friends with anyone like that.
Yeah. Seriously. But I don't want to be a drama llama, so I'll keep them on my FB friends list (so i can see if they post mean statuses about me or any of my friends). But I won't be actual friends with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmanda View Post
Sounds a bit like some of my friends, only that they're not cosplayers so they talk about "normal" peoples pics... I don't get the point of it... They can be all like ohmygod she's like sooo wierd (when they don't actually know the person) look at this picture, and then they lagh at pictures of said person.. She is still a human you know.. with eyes and a nose and a mouth and most of all, FEELINGS <__< And when I say something like, "I bet she'd look good even in your eyes with some makeup and good looking clothes" and they go all NO ohmygoood no that wouldn't be possible I mean look at her.... and what annoys me the most is that I kind of was like this too.. but that was like... two years ago.. I grew up. My friends didn't...
(lol somehow this made my friends sound really bitchy...)
Oh my, I'm getting really off topic here, but basically what I wanted to say, I know that feeling of rage... And that was kind of over the top by your friends to start deleting your comments ._.
Even worse is these are all cosplayers (of which, aren't even very GOOD cosplayers IMO) who are making fun of OTHER cosplayers. If these people can call this girl a bad cosplayer for having a bad smile, then I can call them bad cosplayers for their various problems (which I won't point out on a public forum, but... lets just say this girl they're making fun of is far better than they are).

Its just really really sad. Since these people frequently go to our cosplay gatherings, me and the other group leaders are now going to have to keep tabs on them. Since one of the main rules at our gatherings is to not demean someone's costume. So now we're going to keep extra watch on those kids to make sure they don't break that rule.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #33054
TR Rose
Meowing About

I got my 4-hoop skirt in the mail and finally tried it on. I thought my old 3-hoop was big, this is so much poofier! And finally my Belle gown has the support it needs to stick out properly - in the last set of photos I saw, the bottom of the skirt was kind of droopy.

...although now I want to redo the darker drape things on the skirt so that they aren't pulled so tight. Haha, cosplay never ends! :3
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #33055
doxiequeen1

My other purse FINALLY arrived today <3 (well..I was finally able to open it/take pictures of it)

It's kinda a color match win *_* It looked to dark (darker then the coin purse) in pictures so I was worried Dx But worry not! It's perfect <3..But the lining is like shower curtain which is odd...at least the outside looks purddy.

doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #33056
RaeSeddon
Chocolate and Sunshine

Nice, Doxiequeen! That is an adorable purse by the way.

Whatever is on my mind-- my embroidery is awesome today! I'm not working on anything I should be, but who cares!
RaeSeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #33057
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
I got my 4-hoop skirt in the mail and finally tried it on. I thought my old 3-hoop was big, this is so much poofier! And finally my Belle gown has the support it needs to stick out properly - in the last set of photos I saw, the bottom of the skirt was kind of droopy.

...although now I want to redo the darker drape things on the skirt so that they aren't pulled so tight. Haha, cosplay never ends! :3
Hoopskirts are SO MUCH FUN! I'm working on mine some more to get it to be the right shape.

Recently decided on a new fabric and that I'm going to need to make a corset for my Kaylee dress to get me to be the right shape for it.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #33058
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
Hoopskirts are SO MUCH FUN! I'm working on mine some more to get it to be the right shape.

Recently decided on a new fabric and that I'm going to need to make a corset for my Kaylee dress to get me to be the right shape for it.
I love hoops, they are so much fun to wear! I've never made one though, I've ordered mine from an ebay seller called Angelsbridal. I got my original hoop from them, and it was so durable (and reasonably priced!) that I never felt the need to make one from scratch.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #33059
bbopalunaa

Soooo much green stuff at all the stores for St. Patrick's day, but no green leggings or tights. Whyyyyy?!
I guess I'll just have to get some white leggings and attempt to dye them.
bbopalunaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #33060
Anmanda

Quote:
Even worse is these are all cosplayers (of which, aren't even very GOOD cosplayers IMO) who are making fun of OTHER cosplayers. If these people can call this girl a bad cosplayer for having a bad smile, then I can call them bad cosplayers for their various problems (which I won't point out on a public forum, but... lets just say this girl they're making fun of is far better than they are).

Its just really really sad. Since these people frequently go to our cosplay gatherings, me and the other group leaders are now going to have to keep tabs on them. Since one of the main rules at our gatherings is to not demean someone's costume. So now we're going to keep extra watch on those kids to make sure they don't break that rule.
Yeah, sounds like a good idea to keep watch on them. Oh man people like that are just so annoying.. Cosplay is all about having fun after all, why ruin someones cosplay experience by insulting their costume? ._. It's really sad that people are doing those kind of things... I really hope that the cosplayer on the pic will never see what they wrote :/
Anmanda is offline   Reply With Quote