Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #33166
Xcele

I went to Joanns on Monday and I asked an employee if they had patterns. And she said of course we have patterns we're a fabric store. So then I asked her where they are and she told me its in the drawers. I was so shocked how many patterns there were. I skimmed through all the patterns by opening all the drawers. Theres got to be an easier way to look through all of them >< I'll just bring a reference picture next time I'm pattern hunting.
Xcele is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #33167
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcele View Post
I went to Joanns on Monday and I asked an employee if they had patterns. And she said of course we have patterns we're a fabric store. So then I asked her where they are and she told me its in the drawers. I was so shocked how many patterns there were. I skimmed through all the patterns by opening all the drawers. Theres got to be an easier way to look through all of them >< I'll just bring a reference picture next time I'm pattern hunting.
There is usually a bunch of large books on top these things and they have a bunch of pictures of the patterns. Or you can search online for the pattern, then copy the number, and then go to the store. It's much easier...
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #33168
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Well what I usually do is skim through the magazines they provide on the table next to the drawers. Then when I find something I like, I check the pattern number and the name of the pattern maker. Then I go to the drawer section for the pattern make and find the pattern number. Viola! Easy way to find patterns.
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #33169
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Oh, there should be tables of some sort with giant catalogs of the patterns and their pictures and numbers, and each company has a book. That's the best way to look for them~
Oooor, you can look around online and search the pattern companies' sites.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #33170
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I like how three different people answered Xcele XDDD with the same answer lol...

Any who....I want to work on cosplay~ but my parents said no. Which sucks...I'm an adult who pays for rent I should be allowed to do what I want at 7pm....*sigh*

Also I finally find a wig I want for my cosplay and IT DOESN't SHIP TO my STATE T_TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT_T I need mainland friends.

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 03-17-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #33171
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

So many nerf guns to modify but having the time of my life!!!
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #33172
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I like how three different people answered Xcele XDDD with the same answer lol...
Aww, I was going to say that we all answer one minute after another, but I ruined that....XD
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #33173
Xcele

lol thanks Ineedaname, Pudding-chan, and Sakura. I'll definitely take this more serious and follow those suggestions. heck I'll check online right now.
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #33174
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
lol thanks Ineedaname, Pudding-chan, and Sakura. I'll definitely take this more serious and follow those suggestions. heck I'll check online right now.
Haha, you're welcome! Need any sites? :P
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #33175
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

Seriously debating Kolko. Because I could use my Belarus wig, and her coat doesn't look too hard. :T But when would I wear her? ;A;

Quote:
Also I finally find a wig I want for my cosplay and IT DOESN't SHIP TO my STATE T_TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT_T I need mainland friends.
Who won't ship to Hawaii? D:
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #33176
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆ Kei ☆ View Post
Who won't ship to Hawaii? D:
A lot of people... T_T at least half of the stuff for cosplay that looks quality or/and is cheap doesn't ship to Hawaii (in my opinnion)...Esspecially on ebay for some reason...
Unread 03-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #33177
LeekFish
Clow Reader

I'm starting to highly doubt my Sakura cosplay will get to my house before I go back to college for Spring Term, considering it hasn't even shipped yet. T___T;

Sigh. But at least I'll most likely have a Kobato bottle, Ioryogi plush, lots of manga, and maybe (though it probably won't arrive for at least a couple days or so after I get home) my copy of Pokemon White waiting for me. >w> </shopaholic> I can't wait until FRIDAY FRIDAY *bricked*

I hope I get that Spring Term campus job. ._.;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%

Last edited by LeekFish : 03-17-2011 at 01:24 AM.
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #33178
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

To lose some stress, I went through various references for Kolko for half an hour.
I'm starting to seriously consider it. ;A;

Quote:
A lot of people... T_T at least half of the stuff for cosplay that looks quality or/and is cheap doesn't ship to Hawaii (in my opinnion)...Esspecially on ebay for some reason...
D: I'm sorry, but that just bites.
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 02:33 AM   #33179
Xcele

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Haha, you're welcome! Need any sites? :P
that would be a good idea =D.
Unread 03-17-2011, 02:40 AM   #33180
Pretty_Panda

Okay so, apparently theres a pattern sale at Joann's this weekend. I don't need any patterns, but I'm kind of a pattern hoarder. >.> I don't know if I can talk my mom into stopping at Joann's at all, considering we were just there a week or so ago. >.> I'm a Joann-a-holic. xD

I finally started the first silver stripe on my Ravenclaw scarf! :'D ....but somehow I managed to completly tangle the yarn ball. There was no right string to pull out. D: so now I have a half inside out ball of yarn in my lap. xD

I also with I knew what size my needles were. T_T I really want to get a circle needle that isn't the shortened 24 inch walmart one I rigged to be shorter with hot glue, super glue, and plumbers tape. Having to nudge stitches over the bump gets annoying. D:

I should sleep, but I shall sit here and knit, while listening to Blaine and Kurt sing together. <3
Pretty_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote