Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #33961
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆ Kei ☆ View Post
I love giving completely random gifts, and she was sorta stressed over not having one. The only reason I didn't get hug-crushed or strangled is because I finally told her I got one on the internet~ (She hates surprises, and I accidentally let it slip I got her something. I'm actually really surprised I managed to keep it a secret as long as I did xD;; )

Here. Ahahaha. . . . I just looked at their front page for the first time after initially seeing it, and they changed it. Probably should have looked earlier, as there are swastikas on it, too. . . orz
Pfft. I admit it's a cool/eye-catching layout. It's just not something I want to wear in a fandom where something like this highly frowned upon, as it draws negative attention to everyone as a whole. .__.;;
I love giving random gifts too *o* I actually gave it to my Germany while I was dressed as Italy... it was in a nice box. I got down on one knee and half proposed with it XD;; I felt bad, ya know? My Germany's Iron Cross was homemade out of cardboard before that. I needed to get her a legit one. :P

TAOBAO I HATE YOU. I suck at using that site. The chain it comes with is super cool though. I had to use a random necklace in my room for mine, cuz it didn't come with a chain. That looks pretty spiffy though. Yeah, thats true. If I did end up buying that, I'd probably never wear it. XD;; Just have it cuz it looks spiffy. I did meet a Prussia cosplayer, though, with a Nazi armband before. It looked really cool on her, but... she wears it inside out to not be offensive. She IS dating a Jewish girl XD;;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #33962
Kerodohi
No longer active

Self, you do NOT need a Lightning wig. Of course it's beautiful and pretty and awesome and pink. You are not planning on cosplaying Lightning, nor do you have the munnies for said wig.

BUT IT'S SO PRETTY. *sadface*
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #33963
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

SO. On Friday we can wear hats to school for a dollar. And me being so sneaky and kind, I'm smuggling my Ciel and Marluxia wigs for me and the bestie <3 And guess what?! I'm being modern day Ciel WITH NO BOOBS. 8D (I wonder how many questions I'll get, LOL) So. FUN. I just hope it's not like crazy hair day, where people were like "OMG IS THAT A WIG?! *yank*" T_T;; The hat will help, hopefully. (If anyone's wondering, I'm just wearing a baseball hat and Marly's wearing a fedora. XD)
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #33964
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Arrrggg I was totally ready to work on my wig when I got home, then I decided to cook salmon for dinner. Now, it doesn't matter how often I wash my hands,there's no way I'm touching ANY of my cosplay things tonight. XD
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #33965
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Okay, wig practise. I have discovered I can hide my natural hair under the cap better if it's wet.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #33966
daylight
Sugar Junkie

thank god the sewing machine can sew through that patch. If i had to hand sew the whole thing on id probably kill myself. lol

I should get started on my lain nightgown....should, but probably wont do it today
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #33967
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Yep. In half Gary cosplay, trying out my Honey wig. Heh. Ignore my apprehensive "OH GOD A CAMERA" face!
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #33968
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
Yep. In half Gary cosplay, trying out my Honey wig. Heh. Ignore my apprehensive "OH GOD A CAMERA" face!
That wig's lookin good.
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #33969
Miss Miri
Human Pincushion

When I have finished my Euro terms, I will order my Pompadour wig. When I finish my Euro terms and my app essays, I will order my Pompadour wig. When I finish my Euro terms, my app essays, and folding my laundry, I will order my Pompadour wig. When I finish my Euro terms, my app essays, folding my laundry, and installing the new air filter on my car, I will order my Pompadour wig.

Spring Break was supposed to be a lot more restful than this.

Tangentially-related-to-cosplay optional rant /start/ Stupid freaking college financial aid office looking at my parents' occupations and assuming, Hmm, she can pay plenty for college, so we're not going to give her any scholarships despite her GPA and near-perfect SAT, heck, let's not even offer her enough LOAN money to cover her cost of attendance, she'll come up with it, her parents are engineers! Well, guess what, my parents also have a kid besides me, an EXTRA kid this year through foreign exchange, and don't have nearly as much extra money lying around as you seem to think they do, which means it's on me to pay for it, and I don't even have a job yet, and even if I do get that great job this summer my total savings STILL won't cover my first year, and that's even if I don't ever cosplay or buy books or coffee or eat or do any of the things that keep me sane. So you know what, financial aid office? Screw you. Screw you and your money-grubbing loan-withholding miserly awards letters. Just because I'm a middle-class white kid doesn't mean I have money coming out of my tophat. /end
Cornelia Li Britannia - Code Geass
Miss Miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #33970
Chimera~Moon

I wanna make hogwarts uniforms for me and my best friend sooooooooooooooooo badly...
Day2- Swimstuck Terezi
Day3- Lady Nightwing
Chimera~Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #33971
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyangelf4i View Post
That wig's lookin good.
Thanks! I'm gonna have to pile on the foundation and concealer to cover up the redness of my face but I still love it *_*
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #33972
Ichigo Oblivion

My new sewing machine is in, and I'm unbelievably excited, since my old one was getting way to rusty. Now I just need a trip to the fabric store!
Ichigo Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #33973
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Doing calculations to find out how much material I need for my Eternal Sailor Moon skirts, collar, and red and gold/yellow details and realizing that it'll cost me about $100 for that alone x__x; Thank god I have the white material already and the wig and contacts!

Sailor Moon (Crystal) - 100% Complete!

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #33974
ringoiero360
Exactly

Even though there's this version of Dante that I REALLY want to cosplay, i'm afraid of what people might say to me! Ugh >______>.....

Pretty much why half of my cosplays are characters who cover their face, otl.
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #33975
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

@Miss Miri: Punch them in the face. Repeatedly.

At dinner tonight, a young man walked by my table. I could not stop staring at him, and I probably freaked him out.
BUT HE WAS WEARING THE PERFECT JACKET FOR AN AMERICA COSPLAY.
I was like OAo and was trying to plot ways to steal it from him... but he got away.
DAMN. Maybe next time.
But I seriously need a jacket like that for him... all the ones that come with the cosplays I'm looking at kind of... well... suck.