Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1176 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #35161
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
Most of the cosplays I have ever wanted to do are actually crossplays. It's more of a confidence issue than anything though - the girls I like in anime all wear skirts, whereas I have thighs like nobody's business and just... me in a skirt ain't pretty. Ironically, one of my planned Garys involves pretty skimpy shorts but that's different to me somehow ;A; /secretly nervous

Also, is it bad if I want to have a relationship with the character I cosplay as? /scuttles away
that douche bag!?D : jkjk
I really like what happens to Gary actually...i always liked him : >
i think you shouldn't be scared to do what you love! i'm...actually going ahead with someones advice *on this site, actually* who said if i wanted to cosplay Gunner Yuna i should go ahead with it because i love her so much. and you know what? when i get the money i'll definately go for it
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #35162
ARIADecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
this explains my happy and excitedness because I found someone who likes the same fictional pairing I do.... Let's go over the rainbow again
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #35163
doxiequeen1

@pltshp

I know what you mean about the thigh thing, my hip measurement is over a foot larger then my waist FUUUU- And I'm really self cautious about them. But I wanted to cosplay Stocking. Who wears a mini skirt, I didn't look particularly good in that mini skirt, but I had lot's of fun and people were really nice, I even got compliments.

Haters gonna hate, but that shouldn't stop you
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #35164
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
@pltshp

I know what you mean about the thigh thing, my hip measurement is over a foot larger then my waist FUUUU- And I'm really self cautious about them. But I wanted to cosplay Stocking. Who wears a mini skirt, I didn't look particularly good in that mini skirt, but I had lot's of fun and people were really nice, I even got compliments.

Stocking wears much more 'covering' alternate costumes...as long as you wear lolita fashion with Stockings Wig whose gonna know the difference? mwahaha~
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #35165
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina006 View Post
Stocking wears much more 'covering' alternate costumes...as long as you wear lolita fashion with Stockings Wig whose gonna know the difference? mwahaha~
Oh I wanted to specifically cosplay her Angel form xD Which is especially unflattering, but I like wearing pretty dresses...even if they don't look pretty on me XD
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #35166
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Most of my favorite characters are female, but I just don't look feminine enough to pull off 99% of MtF crossplays.

And the 1% is just a jump from "no way I can do it" to "you can just pretend to be cosplaying her spear counterpart".

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #35167
ARIADecember

Quote:
@pltshp

Stocking wears a pink outfit in an episode, it's adorable, I believe, it's when she dates that ghost. It covers nicely and it looks just as pretty as her angel outfit
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #35168
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIADecember View Post
Stocking wears a pink outfit in an episode, it's adorable, I believe, it's when she dates that ghost. It covers nicely and it looks just as pretty as her angel outfit
Er yes, I'm aware of her other outfits. But I needed a costume that would double as a party dress, I also can not sew and needed something pre made, not enough time to commission something. I picked it because of the design, not because of the character, I only later discovered how short it is xD
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #35169
ZexionLover48
1Heck of a scythe-spinner

Yes, currently all my cosplays are crossplays (unless you call Grell a girl, which I do sometimes XD), as I do not look flattering in a skirt (I wanted to cosplay Alois once, but me + booty shorts = XD)

Heres another curse for ya, may all your bacon BURN.
Time to Suit Up!
And thats what you missed on GLEE!
ZexionLover48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #35170
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina006 View Post
that douche bag!?D : jkjk
I really like what happens to Gary actually...i always liked him : >
i think you shouldn't be scared to do what you love! i'm...actually going ahead with someones advice *on this site, actually* who said if i wanted to cosplay Gunner Yuna i should go ahead with it because i love her so much. and you know what? when i get the money i'll definately go for it
Gary is the ultimate douche, it's why I like him. Only 10 and such a badass 8D

I'm pretty sure I'll go for them later on when I've got more confidence but for now, I don't even have the urge to cosplay any other characters. So it's not really an issue at the moment, although it was what stopped me cosplaying a female in the first place :x I was gonna do Hatsune Miku instead of Honey but yep, that fell through. All in good time though!

Quote:
@pltshp

Oh god, this. My waist is really skinny compared to my chest and hips >_>
You make an awesome Stocking though! *_*

Haters don't bother me as much as they used to... then again, I used to think that for every one compliment you'd get at a con, you'd get about 5 trash talkers. I was very swiftly proven wrong, haha.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #35171
nannyogg
:)

Quote:
Oh I wanted to specifically cosplay her Angel form xD Which is especially unflattering, but I like wearing pretty dresses...even if they don't look pretty on me XD
I suspect it's only unflattering in your mind's eye... the picture you posted that I saw looked wonderful, all I would have thought was "Cute!" and nothing negative at all. Oh yah, and that I wish my legs were that thin...!
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #35172
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyogg View Post
I suspect it's only unflattering in your mind's eye... the picture you posted that I saw looked wonderful, all I would have thought was "Cute!" and nothing negative at all. Oh yah, and that I wish my legs were that thin...!
I completely agree with nannyogg, doxie.
You look super cute as Stocking, and I could only wish to have thin legs like you!
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #35173
Chaye
The <3 Means It's Cannon

-breaks into the conversation randomly-

... -bangs head on wall- I... Hate.. Hemming... Curved... pieces... UGH BIANCA WHY MUST YOU TAKE 2 DAYS TO HEM THE FLIPPEN PETALS?! guess it would have taken less time if I didn't work for 9+ hours a day...
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #35174
ARIADecember

Quote:
Er yes, I'm aware of her other outfits. But I needed a costume that would double as a party dress, I also can not sew and needed something pre made, not enough time to commission something. I picked it because of the design, not because of the character, I only later discovered how short it is xD
I saw your stocking before, and you make a really cute one, and her dress is suitable for a party.

Now, I could never pull off stockings, however one of my friends, he said I would be a good panty... But only in her angel out fit.... Hhmmmmm
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #35175
ARIADecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaye View Post
-breaks into the conversation randomly-

... -bangs head on wall- I... Hate.. Hemming... Curved... pieces... UGH BIANCA WHY MUST YOU TAKE 2 DAYS TO HEM THE FLIPPEN PETALS?! guess it would have taken less time if I didn't work for 9+ hours a day...
I'm cheering for you