Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #39181
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Also, DOXIEQUEEN GIVE US PICS~
DELIVERING~ It's super soft and nice, but it makes my face look super chubby >.> <.<

Last edited by doxiequeen1 : 06-28-2011 at 12:08 PM.
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #39182
han-pan

Dude, I feel bad for Hetalia fans that know the limitations and understand what is (y'know, illegal) or inappropriate to do in public or in general. The rest of them make it verrrry easy to make very wrong generalizations about the fandom.

Selling my Sailor Moon costume...it's the first time I'm selling one of my costumes, and I'm kind of sad to see it go. But I hope someone can give it lots of love and wear <3

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #39183
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
I've decided I'm going to have only one new costume next year: Miku Append. <3
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
I love Miku's outfits. Like, all of them.
No, that's a lie, but I like a heck of a lot of them.

I got my hair cut like Haruhi from Ouran. It's darker than hers, but I'm sensing Haruhi closet cosplays coming. I'm around the same size as her....if you get what I mean. XD
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #39184
Convulsive
professional fish bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
I've decided I'm going to have only one new costume next year: Miku Append. <3
I am so jealous. I don't have the guts for that costume, even though I LOVE the design. I might do Rin append in the future because that one is super adorable aswell!

UP NEXT
undyne the undying
new 52 Harley Quinn - Roller Girl outfit
widowmaker

FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #39185
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
DELIVERING~ It's super soft and nice, but it makes my face look super chubby >.> <.<
I think you look adorable in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
Dude, I feel bad for Hetalia fans that know the limitations and understand what is (y'know, illegal) or inappropriate to do in public or in general. The rest of them make it verrrry easy to make very wrong generalizations about the fandom.
Yeah, it gets annoying when people say to avoid Hetalia fans cuz we're "crazy" or whatever. Uhhh. No. Crazy people are crazy. Some crazy people just happen to be Hetalia fans. Coincidence, really. I'm a Hetalia fan, I adamantly cosplay from it, draw fanart, etc. But I'm not some psycho fan like some are 8|;;

Quite honestly, I hadn't encountered ANY bad fans until Fanime. And I think thats because it was a gigantic anime con. And they were like, 14. *shrugs*

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #39186
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I have a Haruhi haircut. 8D
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #39187
han-pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post

Yeah, it gets annoying when people say to avoid Hetalia fans cuz we're "crazy" or whatever. Uhhh. No. Crazy people are crazy. Some crazy people just happen to be Hetalia fans. Coincidence, really. I'm a Hetalia fan, I adamantly cosplay from it, draw fanart, etc. But I'm not some psycho fan like some are 8|;;

Quite honestly, I hadn't encountered ANY bad fans until Fanime. And I think thats because it was a gigantic anime con. And they were like, 14. *shrugs*
TBQH, I met nice Hetalia fans at my very first anime convention, and all of the ones I've been to since then have been crazy .___.;; I do honestly avoid them. And I don't blame conventions for putting limitations on things like no flags or things like that. I feel like it's better for the cons to protect themselves from the liability of crazy con goers than to allow behavior like that. (It is also why I have no problems with the ban on yaoi/yuri paddles and the like, so it's not all based on Hetalia.)

But yeah. I do feel bad for the sane Hetalia cosplayers that get roped into the "Oh man you're nuts" kind of view.

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #39188
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Woot! Another theater manager just said the face paint would be fine. No worries about getting thrown out or something xD Now, I've also decided not to paint my palms, which will look really weird, but I've got to be able to touch stuff and actually go to the bathroom >.> I'm super duper supercalifradgilisticexpiallidocious (sp? xDDD) excited for tonight!
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #39189

I want to go to ax, am2 and sdcc so bad! Sdcc more than anything bc i have been waiting years to go but it looks like another year its gonna pass me by... O well always next year

2012:Anime La, Sac Anime Winter, AOD, Wondercon, Cherry Blossam Festival, Fanime, SDCC (ax alternative)

Might Go:Am2, Anime Expo

Upcomng Cosplays: Sokka battle wolf, Aang monk robes finale, Krillen, Rock Lee, Aang firenation, Alex Armstrong, Zuko book 3.
Avatar Alvaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #39190
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Although I know this is making fun of Lady GaGa, I feel like it can be a cosplay anthem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
TBQH, I met nice Hetalia fans at my very first anime convention, and all of the ones I've been to since then have been crazy .___.;; I do honestly avoid them. And I don't blame conventions for putting limitations on things like no flags or things like that. I feel like it's better for the cons to protect themselves from the liability of crazy con goers than to allow behavior like that. (It is also why I have no problems with the ban on yaoi/yuri paddles and the like, so it's not all based on Hetalia.)

But yeah. I do feel bad for the sane Hetalia cosplayers that get roped into the "Oh man you're nuts" kind of view.
I met the most amazing Hetalia fans EVER at my first cosplay gathering, and now they're my best friends. Ever. All the next cons, I had met no bad fans. Fanime was the first time I EVER encountered people like that. So I just avoided them and enjoyed myself.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #39191
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Trying to figure out whether I should not make this wing mod that I haven't quite designed it to be hall ready but will be photoshoot ready. I guess for now, I'll make it and make the slight modifications to the structure to make it photoshoot ready should it come up.

It's essentially for a crossplay that will lead to a scene that from either end, I just don't want to do but will suck it up for a great photo. The character is a girl who is often mistaken for a boy with the other character being a guy who is crossdressing as a girl. My hope as the first character is that the guy is being played by a girl to lessen the awkwardness I'll be experiencing...

Yargh!
---
Planned Cosplay 2016 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Kazuma Adventurer Pantsu Thief [Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku]
Anime Expo: Fri-Gathering host!
Power Persona Q version [Shin Megami Tensei]
Anime Expo: Sat
Chaos Dirge of Cerberus [FF7]
Anime Expo: Sun
Tuxedo Mask [Sailor Moon]
Anime Expo: Mon
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #39192
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

More progress on Victorian Lulu! I'll take more, better pics after I get the lace on the skirt.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2975888/
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #39193
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Well, since it decided to start raining, instead of spray painting the Stocking sword, I finally restyled my Minako wig and put in the white pins. Now that's one less thing to worry about. Hopefully my armband will come in today since I'm not going to be home for a week.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #39194
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Phew, I got through cutting about just over 3 1/2 metres of fabric. Yeah, my back hurts.
I like how flowy the skirt is, only was able to cut out two tiers (out of three) of the skirt, and cut out two leotard patterns (as I want to double up the fabric).
Doing more cutting tomorrow.. Fun.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #39195
Convulsive
professional fish bitch

I agree. especially the line "Everyday is Halloween for me." xD

GUESS WHAT, GUYS. I didn't expect it to get here untill saturday but as soon as I got off coscom like an hour ago the USPS guy comes and gives me my Miku wig! HURRAH!!!<3

UP NEXT
undyne the undying
new 52 Harley Quinn - Roller Girl outfit
widowmaker

FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote