Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #39796
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Today has consisted of making bacon, dancing in my PJs, sewing button holes on Tom's pants, looking at cool cosplay pics, and brainstorming for the ffx fanfic I'm writing. Good day.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #39797
Formalhaut
Adepta Sororitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
If anyone is interested: 30 Day Cosplay Challenge: #2

I'm on #2 of the 30 Day Cosplay Challenge. It asks how many costumes I've done. So I made a list of every cosplay I've ever done, along with pictures of some XD Beware if you click, though, my Tumblr has a background song.

THIS SONG IS AMAZING!

my random thought, TOUHOU. almost NO ONE I know cosplays it I want to have someone to go to cons with that will cosplay touhou with me, but no such luck as of now.
Yuna
Velvet

custom viera ears here!
Formalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #39798
Convulsive
professional fish bitch

I just realized I have enough fabric to make the whole outfit for Meltdown!Miku

UP NEXT
undyne the undying
new 52 Harley Quinn - Roller Girl outfit
widowmaker

FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #39799
aeon_mistress
~Aeon~

*Has the sudden strange urge to crossplay Norman Jayden from Heavy Rain at some point* XD
aeon_mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #39800
Durroa
Woof Woof call me Delay

To better my Momiji inubashiri cosplay, i'll reinforce my sheild with duct tape and cover
it with a diner plate! And to reinforce my sword while its in my bag i'll make a metal sheath...
which could be more hazardous than the wooden blade itself, xD.
Durroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #39801
Kerodohi
No longer active

Ugh. I shouldn't have measured that strapping. '22 feet' is a lot more intimidating than 'whatever that amount is that's lying on the floor in a pile'.
Unread 07-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #39802
PurpleSumomo

Oh so many I want to cosplay!
PurpleSumomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #39803
Kagome_17
Monster Hunter Nikki

Ah, I want to make chainmail but I have no way of whinding my 16 gage wire to make links. Last night I tryed doing it by hand on a pencil. Made about 12 little links. Then I tryed on a 1/2 in peice of pvc pipe by hand and made about 10 links. Today I found a old handcrank handle but it won't fit on what I got. Tryed using the only power drill I havel & its too powerful. Started by hand coiling wire around a old hot dog cooker stick that broke. I don't know if its going to work. The rings might end up too small. Maybe tomorrow I'll look in the building & see what we got. I guess I'll just keep experimenting with what I got. Trying out chainmail for one of my future cosplays. I've got to make something to make this easier on myself.
Video Game Inspired Food Blog
Campfire Pie Iron Recipes Blog
_____
TsubasaCon 2012 (The Con with wings)
Thursday: Nana Osaki from Nana or Fallout Pre-war Spring dress
Friday: Sakura from Naruto
Saturday: HealerU armor from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with Dragonhead Harp bow
Sunday: Bible Black school uniform without vest
Kagome_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #39804
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I totally didn't get anything done. I was supposed to sew this week, but lo and behold, I volunteered for 4.5 hours, went out with my friend, and had an SAT prep class tonight. And I'm going into New York tomorrow to visit colleges, and from there to the SAT class. I NEED TO SEW. I didn't get anything done last night either, and I need to finish this mockup soooon. Like really soon. Like this weekend soon.

This is reaaaaally random, but to anyone who's done a masquerade, do your props (not the immediate props that go with the costume, but like...stage props, if that makes sense?) count towards craftsmanship? Or presentation? Or neither?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #39805
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

My canadian friend sent me FUR! XD this is so awesome cause apparently it was on sale there while over here it cost 35$ a ft T_T So yay~ I has fur~ XD~

Also I'm working on Alice...I'm slightly confused over the pattern but I think I got it?...maybe?
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #39806
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

With the 39 days till the next convention, I'm using it to fix the glaring mistakes and faults I seen in a lot of my pictures with Keima. What is sad is the fact that I'm not rolling these major corrections for such a huge convention like AX or ACen which are the top two conventions by attendance but for a brand frigging new convention. I hope they appreciate the long arduous path that it took to get to this point.

The only major problem left is my derpy poses, specifically to do with my hands. In a group setting, I just suck royal arse, but when doing solo, I know what to do....
---
Planned Cosplay 2016 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Kazuma Adventurer Pantsu Thief [Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku]
Anime Expo: Fri-Gathering host!
Power Persona Q version [Shin Megami Tensei]
Anime Expo: Sat
Chaos Dirge of Cerberus [FF7]
Anime Expo: Sun
Tuxedo Mask [Sailor Moon]
Anime Expo: Mon
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #39807
doxiequeen1

Good gosh guys, In the last week I have lost 5 pounds ._. My mother got me a gym membership and has insisted upon me going AT LEAST 4 times a week. It's kinda annoying having to go, but I've already really improved. Even though it's only 2 weeks away, maybe I'll have some more confidence (and look a little better) cosplaying Anya at Otakon....I can only hope!
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #39808
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

So APPARENTLY "pleated skirts" are reall popular right now...
So where the HELL are they? And no, a slight gather to make that ugly-ass wrinkled look, or one pleat, or pleated trim, or a crapy accordion-fold of a pleat, IS NOT A PLEATED SKIRT.

...I literally searched EVERY clothing store in the mall trying to find a school uniform-style pleated skirt, and I found nothing even REMOTELY close. Looks like I'm making it. Oh joy. Gathering pleats effing sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #39809
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

@doxiequeen1- dude, that's awesome!!! I wish I had the time and whatnot (and determination...?) to get out and exercise that much. Dance and school have got me completely booked.

Omg. So. My wig was delivered to my dad's house today. And I really really really want to see it. And hold it. And touch it. And wear it. (LOL why did that sound like a baby until I said I wanted to wear it?) But unfortunately, my dad lives half an hour away and I'm not even old enough to get my permit....and the next time I'll be down there is on Saturday. Why can't he live north of us instead? I'm going up to New York tomorrow...I wish I could pick it uuuup...
But in the meantime, I just got my gloves in for Magician!Miku!

@ShinobiXikyu- I wish I could send you mine. It's probably around a size 2 when I'm smaller than a 0 and I don't have the patience to alter it at the moment. So...I haven't worn it more than twice in the past two years. And it's literally just a black pleated skirt.
Are uniform stores too expensive? *Catholic school memories*

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 07-12-2011 at 11:55 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #39810
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ohhhhh yeah. When I was in high school (also Catholic school), a new kilt was NINETY DOLLARS. Granted, they lasted forever, but DAMN. (I got lucky. A graduating student I knew gave me hers and I just had them tailored to fit me properly). Lol, I'd love the skirt, but I don't think I'd fit into it. On a good day I can squeeze into a size 10 (though sizing may be a bit different here. But nooo way would I fit a 2. My hips are about 39-40 inches and my waist is almost 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote