Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 938 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #39916
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
JUST THIS ONE. IT WAS PRETTY
I have so many wigs saved in my watch list for this reason alone. xD

Ahhhh con tomorrow!

I made my new contact cards, and I'm really happy with how they came out. I'm glad I decided to scour Flickr for more images of my costumes, because I found some really pretty ones of my LION Sheryl. *u* Now going to hunt for some of Yoko~
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #39917
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
I have so many wigs saved in my watch list for this reason alone. xD

Ahhhh con tomorrow!

I made my new contact cards, and I'm really happy with how they came out. I'm glad I decided to scour Flickr for more images of my costumes, because I found some really pretty ones of my LION Sheryl. *u* Now going to hunt for some of Yoko~
Wow, your contact cards are a lot nicer than mine.

Very simple and made in less than a day...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #39918
ARIADecember

I have never made a cosplay card...
If you do have them, do you give them out to people who take your picture, or just friends you met at the convention?
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #39919
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Crud! I've packed 3 cosplays and am only going to be gone for one weekend. How the heck does it require so much stuff????I mean, geez, I have almost 2 suitcases here. I hate to see my haul when I have to do the whole week of Dragon Con. XD
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #39920
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIADecember View Post
If you do have them, do you give them out to people who take your picture, or just friends you met at the convention?
Both actually. Though, not so much for photographers, except if its one of those photographers who look like they're shooting for a publication or doing photoshoot.

Though, I did hand them out to those who attended a photoshoot I had so that they could contact me for their pictures. I made 60 cards last time.

Made my cards on the assumption they'd picture it on their phones and toss it.
---

Last edited by DarkCloudInc : 07-15-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Unread 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #39921
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

I want to design my Ixion ginkinka, but my drawing stuff is at my parent's house!
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #39922
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIADecember View Post
I handed mine out to those semi-serious looking photographers. The ones with SLR's that ask you to pose and take 10+ pictures, since I wanted to see copies of them. I didn't bother handing them out to everyone who took pictures, but it's up to you.

I also meet a lot of people at random and start up conversations with them, (In line for autographs or just waiting around.) If they seemed nice I would write my facebook address on the back and give it to them, that way we could keep in touch later on :3
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #39923
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
I handed mine out to those semi-serious looking photographers. The ones with SLR's that ask you to pose and take 10+ pictures, since I wanted to see copies of them. I didn't bother handing them out to everyone who took pictures, but it's up to you.

I also meet a lot of people at random and start up conversations with them, (In line for autographs or just waiting around.) If they seemed nice I would write my facebook address on the back and give it to them, that way we could keep in touch later on :3
How does your contact card look like?
---
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #39924
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
These are amazing!!! So pretty!
I've never actually heard of someone using contact cards in the Western Hemisphere! Are these just on printer paper?

And another question! Is it common for people to set up alternate face book accounts for their cosplay alter ego?
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #39925
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm totally DEAD SET on doing a skit at NYAF/NYCC this year. I have a basic idea for a skit, but i"m not sure if it'll work out...but I would REALLY like to do it. It won't be just a dance skit, but it won't be just dialogue. I really want to do a Yumeiro Patissiere skit, but I can't think of a complicated outfit of Ichigo's that ISN'T the giant pink dress that I really want to make...and I'm a journeyman now, so I don't want something too simple, even though I'm putting more effort into the performance section rather than craftsmanship right now.
I did do a little looking around, and this looks like something that isn't TOO too complicated OR too simple. I mean....uhh...Yumeiro Patissiere isn't that popular anyway, so it's not like that many people would recognize it.

Edit: @Pudding- I don't know if I would call it common, but it works out really well for ME at least.

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 07-15-2011 at 12:19 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #39926
ARIADecember

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
Both actually. Though, not so much for photographers, except if its one of those photographers who look like they're shooting for a publication or doing photoshoot.

Though, I did hand them out to those who attended a photoshoot I had so that they could contact me for their pictures. I made 60 cards last time.

Made my cards on the assumption they'd picture it on their phones and toss it.
Thank you, I heard people talk about them on here, but only time I saw them a cons were from photographers with professional cameras
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #39927
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
How does your contact card look like?
I'm afraid I don't have pictures of them anymore, I only made up a few dozen for I-con, and now i'm just using business cards since they are so much cheaper and less obtrusive to give to someone, plus they work just as well. And they look like This quite simple, really :3
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #39928
Ematheo
aka TC

FINALLY! I got my fabric samples today and they're the perfect color!
I've sent after so many samples and finally. Never thought it would be so hard finding light yellow and the right dark red. Have to order fabric NOW! Only three weeks left until the con D:
Ematheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #39929
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
I'm afraid I don't have pictures of them anymore, I only made up a few dozen for I-con, and now i'm just using business cards since they are so much cheaper and less obtrusive to give to someone, plus they work just as well. And they look like This quite simple, really :3
GUAH! My contact card/business card is starting to look largely utilitarian and bland by comparison to everyone's. (>o<)

I'll probably just go to a local shop and have my contact cards made there to keep my money local. 1000 @ $40 sounds very competitive especially when compared to online retailors.
---
Unread 07-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #39930
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I have way too much fun with my Miku wig. And doing my makeup. I think I spent, like, at least over half an hour doing my makeup (for no reason) and I didn't even attempt my fake lashes.

Uhh...I'll stop fooling around with cameras and work on my mockup now.......
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote