Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #39931
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_wench View Post
My Miku wig is driving me nuts. It got tangled right away (of course I couldn't stop playing with it when I got it in the mail).. and it seems the more I brush it out the more I get impossible mats and tangles. Huff! Whats the secret to wig care?! For the first time ever I have tons of wigs and I am slowly letting them devolve into tangled rubbish! :-(
Well, I've heard that Motions Sheen oil spray or whatever it's called works. I've used a silicone lubricant to detangle my Luka wig (there's a thread that's probably in the wigs forum) and it worked fine. When you're just walking around or storing it, you could put it in loose braids so it doesn't go all over the place and get tangled too easily as well.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #39932
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO ITTTTT
....have you seen Princess Tutu? XD
No, but it's in my netflix queue.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #39933
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_helix View Post
No, but it's in my netflix queue.
You must watch it. And cosplay Kraehe. XD

Alright. I should get working. Like now.
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #39934
sakura027

sincee i havent been able to use either of my seig machines since april and probably wont be able to use them for a while longer. I have resulted to hand sewing my costumes becase i just cant go that long without makig any T-T Im in the process of hand sewing mitsuki for my friend then im on to takuto for myself and full moon for my sisterr, hopfully ill be able to get these done by august 6th lets hope!

~ Cosplays in the make ~
IMP Midna 90%
Chihiro 99%
Louise Francois 5%
Tamaki Suoh 50%

~
LEGENDARYSANDWICHES
~
sakura027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #39935
doxiequeen1

Quote:
I think I spent, like, at least over half an hour doing my makeup (for no reason) and I didn't even attempt my fake lashes.
I spend about 40 minutes doing my makeup in the morning..ON A DAILY BASIS. I'm awful D;
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #39936
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
I spend about 40 minutes doing my makeup in the morning..ON A DAILY BASIS. I'm awful D;
Omfg. HOW EARLY DO YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP?!?!

Seriously? I've been sitting here doing absolutely NOTHING? Well no. I mean...I picked out my patterns and I know how I'm using them...
Unread 07-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #39937
Akemi Idane
Sew like a cosplayer.

I've been knitting.
Well, more accurately, I taught myself to knit in the airport in Vegas on the way to my second cousin's wedding, practiced for the plane ride there and back, and I've been knitting ever since.
I've got 4 feet of Eridan scarf so far, and it will be 10 feet when it's done. It looks good so far. I ordered his wigstuffs as well, so that's good, but OH GOD I NEED SO MUCH MORE MONEY AND I HAVE NOWHERE TO GET IT. I need his ear thingies I need his makeup I need materials for Neuro I need wigs for Gumi and Neuro and BLEH.
Gotta bother my parents for in-house jobs and talk to that one guy who wanted vests for Burningman. NEED CASH.

But for now I'll knit and watch Blood-C. Cute uniforms - this show has them.

Planned Cosplays:
Kumoricon 2011
Eridan Ampora - Homestuck - 0%
Neuro - Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro - 0%
Gumi - Matroyshka - 0%
Akemi Idane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #39938
pltshp
i did what i have to do

HI GUYS. It's "pltshp is useless and would appreciate your opinions" time again!

This wig. This character, who's canonical representation is bad for wig references due to his lack of fringe. This is more like it. Y/N?

I am atrocious at wig decisions. Like, the worst person EVER when it comes to this stuff. I was considering FM-Anime (since the high shipping price = $15? That's cheap!) and then read some less-than-favourable reviews and got put off :x

Last edited by pltshp : 07-15-2011 at 07:28 PM.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #39939
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm going to DIE of heat on Saturday at Otakon. A pair of tights (that may be my ice skating tights) with fishnets on top, plus thigh high boot covers, a long sleeve shirt, a leotard, vest, and tailcoat. And gloves.
Unread 07-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #39940
Convulsive
professional fish bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
HI GUYS. It's "pltshp is useless and would appreciate your opinions" time again!

This wig. This character, who's canonical representation is bad for wig references due to his lack of fringe. This is more like it. Y/N?

I am atrocious at wig decisions. Like, the worst person EVER when it comes to this stuff. I was considering FM-Anime (since the high shipping price = $15? That's cheap!) and then read some less-than-favourable reviews and got put off :x
he has more of a Comb-over swoosh bang, rather than no fringe at all. I'd get a wig with longer bangs. As for the first picture, i thought it looked like a really really short straight-across fringe.

... Anyway, DANG I sew fast. I started around 2 and finished at 6:
Meltdown!Miku Dress
if I keep this speed up I'll have my whole cosplay list done by 2012 :O

UP NEXT
undyne the undying
new 52 Harley Quinn - Roller Girl outfit
widowmaker

FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #39941
Kagome_17
Monster Hunter Nikki

LOL Went to the mall & Wal-mart today in my Sakura cosplay with my mother-in-law. I was at JoAnn's fabric store & this little boy was yelling "Mommy, mommy come look at the girl with purple hair!" I wish I recorded him. It was so funny. Ether the kid is color blind or dosn't know what pink looks like. The mother told him that he need to keep his mouth shut & she apologized to me. I just laughed it off.
Video Game Inspired Food Blog
Campfire Pie Iron Recipes Blog
_____
TsubasaCon 2012 (The Con with wings)
Thursday: Nana Osaki from Nana or Fallout Pre-war Spring dress
Friday: Sakura from Naruto
Saturday: HealerU armor from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with Dragonhead Harp bow
Sunday: Bible Black school uniform without vest

Last edited by Kagome_17 : 07-15-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Kagome_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #39942
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
he has more of a Comb-over swoosh bang, rather than no fringe at all. I'd get a wig with longer bangs. As for the first picture, i thought it looked like a really really short straight-across fringe.

... Anyway, DANG I sew fast. I started around 2 and finished at 6:
Meltdown!Miku Dress
if I keep this speed up I'll have my whole cosplay list done by 2012 :O
That one does have bangs though? If I get longer ones, chances are I will have to cut them. And last time I had to, that did not go well. I'd rather not risk buggering up another wig when I have so little time to do this cosplay.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #39943
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Omfg. HOW EARLY DO YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP?!?
Way, way, way to early ._.
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #39944
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post

I would say go for it. The bangs are long enough they should be easily swept aside, and Cosplay Wig's quality is amazing.

Hat made it here, and now I have to figure out how to remove one of the pins, since it's awkwardly placed, and right where the other pin needs to be. x__o

Aaaand, I mailed FS asking about a wig to match an attachment piece they sell two days ago, and read the reply today. The only wig that matches that has the least amount of styling is shoulder length. So I'm going to have to do some major cutting.
Cutting + Me = Not the best friends ever. I really hope I don't manage to screw it up. ;A;
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #39945
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ohhhhhh, this cruel world.
I have terrible news.

MY SEWING MACHINE IS BROKEN FOR GOOD.

My beloved 1987 Singer is now irrepairably damaged and I need another machine. T___T Fuck, that machine was what I and my Mom made EVERY costume item with since I was born. And they just don't make machines like that anymore. (My grandma's offered her tank of a 1960 Singer though, so after I see how it runs I may not be shit out of luck.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote