Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 885 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #40561
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Oh, I like the wig. It fits you somehow. XD
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweigie View Post
I thinks its the color. The color of the wig looks really good on you!
My hair is naturally almost-black, even though I dye it, so that might be why a black wig works well with me :3 thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
o:! KAT-TUN fan!

I haven't actually started on the costumes yet. I need to crank out three variations of Koki's hat by October (they'll be red, dark purple, and bright orange) for me and my friends to wear. My friend wants to do Koki's costume (but with a purple hat) and I want to make Nakamaru's (with a red hat), and the third in our group might just have the (orange) hat only. We probably won't have the actual costumes done by Aki-Con, though, due to time constraints. .-. But I will totally start posting pictures when I do start.

(And also, sometime in the future I may need your help identifying which guy is which in the Real Face PV. o: I can't find any official pictures of them in their red Real Face outfits, so I'll have to screencap it first.)
That is really awesome! I've always loved the Kaizokuban outfits. Johnny's Entertainment groups always have the most flamboyant outfits :'D

And I'd be happy to help out with identifying It's a shame I lost my KAT-TUN photo folder, I swear I used to have some good shots of their Real Face outfits D:

Last edited by pltshp : 07-28-2011 at 12:22 PM.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #40562
Jacky_theNerd
Cosplayin College Student

Cosplaying on a budget can be a fun challenge. I enjoy scraping props together out whatever materials I have laying around. However, when I need a specialty item I can't make or find locally, I get antsy about my spending limit. Darn my want for a good wooden sword or two!! Darn it, I say!! It also hurts I'm afraid to spend my money in case an emergency rises up. I try to not spend too frivolously.
Jacky_theNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #40563
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

I need to get the last two costumes in my list for this year done soon but weird things keep happening that interupt my sewing time. Gah!
Unread 07-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #40564
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Just got one more layer to do for Draculaura's petticoat (mock-up stage). I can't believe how much fabric I'll need for it
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #40565
ARIADecember

Greaaaat..... I been planning on buying a cosplay for about a week, and I was getting my mom to order it, as I was counting the money to give her for it..... she got the idea of a "mother and daughter sewing project" and was telling me it would look very pretty is we made it.........

Oh mom, as much as I do like sewing with you, I prefer to just to buy it and forget about it in tell it comes, but now im sewing it with my mom.... At lest i don't have to worry about getting the size wrong, or using the wrong fabric.
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #40566
SirLucius
Thread Killer...

Recently I switched creme make-up brands and I found a stock of my old brand on my desk, so I thought I'd use it up and try a cosplay design that isn't Ryuk. Man, I can't believe I EVER brought that stuff to a convention. It was cracking before I was even done putting it all on, and to make sure I could get a somewhat good picture -to document my weirdness at four a.m.- I had to put on about eight layers. It was disgusting.

I went through three tubes of the white, and I think I still have three left? I might try another character if I can think of one, because even though this stuff is awful I feel bad throwing it away. xD

Here's a link to a shot of it, if any of you are curious. xD
http://sirlucius.deviantart.com/art/...Test-245134425

Ryuk | Wings | 30%

Soul King Brook | All | 20%
SirLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #40567
_Kumi-chan_
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

My gabardine for Kaitou KID's tux finally came in! Went to the store yesterday to pick it up, along with everything else I needed, came to less than $40 with my coupon and sales. Still need to find men's shoulder pads, and probably pick up some HQ lining once I get the fabric for my cape back from the friend who's making my hat, but I'm pleased with the overall cost of this costume so far.

A wee bit worried about the pattern I have. My friend (same one who's making the hat) warned me about Vogue. The fabric requirements were a little unclear, and I haven't even really looked at the instructions yet. Banking on my prior experience and intuition getting me through. As long as I know what goes where and assemble it in roughly the right order, I should be all right.
Next up...
In Prog./Upcoming: Various groups/projects/upgrades Ranma 1/2
The Mirror Card Captor Sakura Rapunzel Tangled EVE WALL-E
Tenchi & Ryoko Tenchi Muyo! Parn & Deedlit Record of Lodoss War
_Kumi-chan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #40568
Axelai
I'm Awesome

If anyone has a shit ton of orange fleece they don't want....... XD;;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #40569
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I just need to add the tails to my tailcoat and I"m done~! Finally! I just need to remake the vest and do the bootcovers (oh shoot-- the bootcovers!) and then all that's left is little details. I guess I'm doing a lot of sewing at the hotel? XP
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #40570
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
If anyone has a shit ton of orange fleece they don't want....... XD;;
You wouldn't happen to be making a Kenny cosplay, would you? :3

First set of vampire fangs ordered! Looks like Draculaura might actually get done first. I should have a scoreboard or something.
Unread 07-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #40571
Schweigie
--

As soon as I start attaching the lining to leo official colored copies came out for it. And guess what? I got the colors wrong. My plan is to just dye the jacket black once I finish it, same goes for the pants. And I have to go get new buttons and ribbon in the morning for it... Ugh...

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #40572
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Pants are almost done...except they are way lower than they should be. Good thing I can still alter the crotch area to make it lower so I can pull it higher. XD. And I looked over the pattern for the kimono and I have no idea what the heck the half of it means. Honestly. Simplicity patterns are not simple. Well time to just guess and hope for the best I guess.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #40573
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
That is really awesome! I've always loved the Kaizokuban outfits. Johnny's Entertainment groups always have the most flamboyant outfits :'D

And I'd be happy to help out with identifying It's a shame I lost my KAT-TUN photo folder, I swear I used to have some good shots of their Real Face outfits D:
I know, I love how incredibly loud and bizarre their outfits are! : D There are so many little dodads and details everywhere. It's like their entire outfits were assembled with things from the home decor aisle. xD

Do you happen to remember if they had any sort of official photoshoot with their Real Face outfits? Or any sort of feature in a magazine or something? That would make identifying all the little details and fabrics easier.

In other news~ I finished Yin's OVA dress! It's not absolutely accurate (I curved the top hem a bit and the bottom ruffle has blue lace on top of the white), but I feel like this is a plausible translation to something that she might wear in real life.

And I was so excited to be done that I went to start packing to make sure the dress goes with me to Hawaii tomorrow and I re-remembered that I'm still storing my ribbon collection in my smallest suitcase. .-. So now I have to move all my ribbon before I can pack. I need a container specially for ribbon or something.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #40574
Kasuri

Yaaaaay *___* My Drocell Jacket is finally finished..The girl I babysit here thought it was a ring leader outfit and made me a whip <3 XD

Only pants needed now Q__Q

Complete Cosplays
Velvet (Odins Sphere, w/o Psyphers)
Drocell (Black Butler)
Amaterasu/Chibiterasu-Hoodie
Lucy Heartphilia (Fairy Tail, Celestial Cloths)
Robin/Richard "Dick" Greyson (Young Justice (TV))

Last edited by Kasuri : 07-28-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Kasuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #40575
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Trying to figure it when i should start work on my new set of wings. Probably on next weekend. I still need on more hinge. I also need more wood for the modules that will allow for differing profiles...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote