Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1128 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #40591
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Wings separate. I already have a bunch of tutorials bookmarked, but I just don't know what color to do. His entire self is pure orange, but I wanted to be creative and do various shades of orange. So for the wings, I'm not sure if I want to go lighter or darker.

And in case you're curious... here is what I made with several yards of flannel. I'm going to cut a slit in it later so I can walk, then when I sit down, slide my feet back in XD
ah, always a step ahead. I tend to plan on the fly haha

That's flannel? o.O

Oh and are ya gonna be doing the one with a sword through the chest?
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #40592
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
ah, always a step ahead. I tend to plan on the fly haha

That's flannel? o.O

Oh and are ya gonna be doing the one with a sword through the chest?
I always bookmark a billion tutorials on what I'm doing before I buy ANYTHING xDD;; Just so I don't screw things up. lol.

And yes it is. Why? Does it not look like flannel? D: Its sure comfy though. I kinda wanna nap in it.

And yes I am :3 I already know how I'm doing it, hahaha.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 01:08 AM   #40593
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
I know, right? It's like the stylists find the most flamboyant material possible and yell "It needs more sparkles, chains and GLITTER EVERYWHERE". Watching their lives always cheer me up because of the outfits <3

I'll have to have a little scoot round for you. I'm pretty sure there were a few - I was in the fandom back when Real Face was released and I'm certain I saw some photos floating around. If anything, there should be a couple of shop photos. Whether they'll be accessible is beyond me but I'll have a look for you!
"Tassles, we need more tassles!" Gold is probably my favorite song from Kaizokuban by them because of all the craziness and the little moving boats. : D My friends and I debated the plausibility of decorating a wagon like a boat and pulling ourselves around the convention center in it. xD

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. : D I found the entire set of PVs for Real Face, so I'll sit down and see what I can pull from those. Probably after I get back from vacation, though.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #40594
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Okay so it's 3:00. I have three hours to work on my cosplay before putting on makeup and getting dressed for the tour at Johns Hopkins. Then after that I'm artbook Sakura! The CLAMP photoshoot is at 7:30 so I'll probably come back to the hotel to work on my cosplay after that. In these three hours, I'm hoping to get the hat done, and start working on the bow and ribbons and stuff.
Tomorrow (today?) when I get back, I have to do buttons, buttonholes, finish the bow/ribbons, and hopefully redo the front part of the vest.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 02:27 AM   #40595
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I need to stop watching anime....or new anime's T_T I started watching Uta no Prince-sama....I now want to cosplay Hayato T_T bjfdhdlk Why you do this to me anime!?! T_T

I have a pattern I could use for the jacket, and I could just use the gloves for Bro. I'd need the pattern for the shirt, I was planning on getting one like that anyway so it's no big deal there. I'd just buy the wig and ask my friend to style it so it be awesome.....

I need to stop with the Otome game turned anime's...first Starry Sky (which I'm gonna be Tsubasa) and now this T_T

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 02:37 AM   #40596
forlornhope638

Newbie cosplayer here! Got my 1st wig in the mail today and my mom asked what was in in the ginormous box. She's been rather ambivalent about my obsession over Anime/Videogames so I expect a rolling of the eyes and a "What weird hobby has she got into now" if I told her the truth. I decided to go with it anyways and to my surprise she was really excited about it. Told me to put it on right that second
forlornhope638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:18 AM   #40597
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

@forlornhope- Aww that's so cool! I wish all parents were as cool as that.

Okay. My top hat is coming along nicely. I decided not to cut holes in the felt for the speakers, because it seems loud enough (I mean...I can't turn it on because my mom's sleeping.). It'll be a little bit muffled, but still. I don't mind. It's only been an hour and I'm almost done! ACCOMPLISHMENTS HOORAY!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #40598
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Yay! Since my cosplay is going well again, I can continue to be excited for one thing today...
I can order stuff for my cosplays today! This includes buying the boots for my Hanon cosplay, and buying a pair of red and green contact lenses. Oh, oh and I found a piece of merchandise for a really good price which will work for my Hanon cosplay, that's another thing I can order today.

Will be my first time ordering coloured contacts, but I found a reliable site I can buy them from, and they're on prescription :3

-Proceeds to sing, "Oh happy days"-
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #40599
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by forlornhope638 View Post
Newbie cosplayer here! Got my 1st wig in the mail today and my mom asked what was in in the ginormous box. She's been rather ambivalent about my obsession over Anime/Videogames so I expect a rolling of the eyes and a "What weird hobby has she got into now" if I told her the truth. I decided to go with it anyways and to my surprise she was really excited about it. Told me to put it on right that second
YAY!! for supportive parents!!!

Hmmm, funny thing about cosplaying characters that have black/dark eyes. You still kinda look like that character the next morning as well. Grrrr stupid waterproof eyeliner. :-/

Last edited by Michi : 07-29-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: merging a double post
Gypsyangelf4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #40600
Kibalover100
Super Kiba!

Is up sick, yet trying to figure out if I should get my Norway cosplay commissioned or if I should just buy it off ebay. Money issues and all that T.T
Kibalover100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #40601
IssyMonsterr

I'm always afraid of offending someone whether it be by not properly executing a cosplay, or by saying something cosplay related that someone else does not agree with. It makes me so nervous, that sometimes I'm tempted to just admire cosplay from afar and say and do nothing about it. o.o
IssyMonsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #40602
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Yes, yes, come and say Hi to me too! Aki is so small we'll definitely be passing my each other in the halls sometime. Unlike Sakura-Con, during which I did not see a single person I was looking for.

When the Aki-Con schedule comes out, I'll be able to figure out which day I'll be bringing Haunted (I'm most likely commuting from home on Capitol Hill every day and Haunted is not bus-friendly), but it will most likely end up being Saturday.
Definitely! I didn't see you at all at Sakura con, even though I was looking for Haunted. I'll probably be there the whole weekend... Or only Friday and Saturday, not sure yet. (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

@Celia Rose: If you're bringing Panty then I feel like I should bring a PaSwG cosplay too...( ̄^ ̄)ゞ Not sure who though, since it depends on whether or not I actually make it in time with two of my in progress costumes...
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #40603
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I'm suddenly afraid that my plan for making a tutu-esque petticoat for Draculaura today may not end well. I think I have the basic idea (short layer of netting closest to the body, longest layer being what the skirt will actually sit on), but after searching around it looks like I may have been going about it wrong. Actually, that may be better in the end; I can just use rectangles of netting instead of trying to make circle skirts from it (that's gonna take a lot of fabric). I'm stressing myself out over here!

Edit: Yep. Definitely been going about it the wrong way. I think I've got it figured out now, though. Just use rectangles and gather them onto a rectangle of cotton to act as a yoke. Okay. Deep breath. I can do this, and it won't be a disaster. I hope.

Last edited by Stormraven24 : 07-29-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #40604
Curucar

The Denver County fair is turning into an event of convention proportions. TOTALLY unexpected and TOTALLY unprepared. Giving my steampunk fashion panel speech on a *real* stage... without a powerpoint. This'll be fun...

And since it's mutating into such a large event, I decided to go over-the-top with my sunday outfit. Wig and the girliest makeup I've ever worn (I bought lipstick for the first time in my life), with the goal of being unrecognizable to friends.
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #40605
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
You look so cute!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
"Tassles, we need more tassles!" Gold is probably my favorite song from Kaizokuban by them because of all the craziness and the little moving boats. : D My friends and I debated the plausibility of decorating a wagon like a boat and pulling ourselves around the convention center in it. xD

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. : D I found the entire set of PVs for Real Face, so I'll sit down and see what I can pull from those. Probably after I get back from vacation, though.
I love Gold! And the Engrish in it is pretty gold in itself 8D "I gonna be fine, it's too big question makes how a big man come along~". And the set design is pretty rocking. That would have been awesome but such a pain in the arse too :x

No problem :3 I love the Real Face PVs, although I was butthurt because I feel like the Ueda version didn't have enough Ueda in it, since he's my favourite 8(
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote