Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #40696
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I got my Tobari wig today yay!~ My mom signed for it lol I love her~~~ She approves of my cosplaying cause I'll make her dresses and stuff on the side of cosplaying lol Sewing skills for the win? XD haha~

Also I counted how many cosplays I'll be doing for Kawaii Kon the count is 14-15... -_-....damnit...
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #40697
Kerodohi
No longer active

YAAAAY!
So my mum and I had this big argument about cleaning the basement (that's where I work on all my cosplay stuff) and it ended with "FINE. IF I BUY YOU BINS TO PUT YOUR STUFF IN WILL YOU CLEAN THE BASEMENT?" And I was like "Heck yes! Why did you never offer to do that before?" I've needed bins and storage and space to organize all my stuff for a LONG time, but I did the best with what I had available. But now I get shiny new containers to sort everything out! Huzzah!
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #40698
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Gah. I just finished the new episode of Uta Prince and Haruka's summer uniform doesn't look too bad. In fact, it seems entirely do-able. Now where can I find green plaid fabric...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #40699
MothMask
a bunch of nerds

I'm frantically searching for a Hetalia cosplay group within a reasonable distance. It's only been a day or two, but I feel like I've been at it for weeks =_=;; As you could guess, my sense of time is very off~
I can't help but wonder if there are any Hetalia fans in my area, much less cosplayers. Given the way this town is, I'd be surprised if there were >_> BUT, I cannot give up~!
gijinka!Jirachi (pokemon)

Wishlist
Cure Black (precure)
Matryoshka!Gumi (vocaloid)
MothMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #40700
Number15

Should I buy a good quality cam for convention videos/Music Videos or save for the real leather fabric? Decisions, decisions....
Current Weight: 268lbs
First Goal: 230lbs
Second Goad: 180lbs
Third Goal: 150lbs
Number15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #40701
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Oh no, Madre is looking at my cosplay page Madre is looking at my cosplay page Madre is looking at my cosplay page Madre is looking at my cosplay page!! ;______;

|||||Orzzzzz

She looked at my Yoko cosplay pictures and pointed out my underboob right away. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it's intentional. Orz
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #40702
Aliceneko-chan

Almost done with the pants/shorts. I think I'll re-do them later before the convention. All i need to do now is hem the evil pants legs and fix he top where the elastic is.
I think I like making skirts oh so much more. I'll have to get use to making pants... Most of the cosplays I plan to make next involve pants, or shorts.
Aliceneko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:07 AM   #40703
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Funny thing, I've made all kinds of fancy stuff, but I've never made my own pants. I plan to remedy that at some point and learn how to sew proper pants (and I need a new pair of pyjama pants anyway), but it still does come across as pretty odd. At least, to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #40704
ARIADecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
How ironic, indeed! xD at least they can look to you for advice.
there the kind that would rather do it them selves and fail then ask for there little sisters help but the bright side is I finally get to see one of my brothers as Link XD
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #40705
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Yay~ I'm working on Hayato's vest coat thing. lol Or at least the pattern... I still need to finish Alice's dress though its roughly 80% done? *sweatdrop* gah I want to work on Hayato some more...
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 01:44 AM   #40706
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Suppose to be taking a break from making armor but yet I find myself working on the armor from the cover of Fallout New Vegas.

After cutting 34 pages out I have no feeling in my right hand but yet I will probably fold all the pieces so I can have this helm finished by tomorrow evening. I will have this thing finished by the end of August.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 01:53 AM   #40707
Axelai
I'm Awesome

At a birthday party sleepover full of Homestuck fans.

I am now dubbed the Vriska/Davesprite of the group. We had a mob of peeps drawing fanart in one corner.

I also... well. My friend made me Vriska horns out of paper to wear (as my actual horns I haven't finished AND left them at home; derp). They actually looked pretty okay XD Silly enough to be unwearable at a con, but cute enough to wear all day.

We weren't exactly cosplaying, but we were at the same time. Its hard to explain. Except it was fun. And makes me wanna cosplay as Karkat and make a thousand grub plushies and velcro them all over myself.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #40708
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Yay! By the end of today, just under half my Hanon cosplay will be complete! I might even be able to start drafting out the pattern for the squishy tube roll thingy she has on her top.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:28 AM   #40709
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

After looking through various cosplay photos and character art, I got another cosplay idea for another original design for one of my characters... Are you freaking kidding me?! I'm not even done designing my other original outfits yet! >.<

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 08:03 AM   #40710
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Hopefully I'm going to get that peachskin today and actually start on this stupid dress! It shouldn't be too hard until I get to the embellishments and electrical stuff. On the other hand, I already have my netting for this petticoat, so I could start that today. But I wanna keep deconstructing this amazing Sleeping Beauty picture and see how hard it would really be to make that dress. Gah! World, stop giving me ideas!