Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #41416
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

Guh, turns out that the shirt I decided to reuse has a few fit problems, not surprising since it was one of the earlier things that I sewed but I'm trying to figure out why I didn't fix it back then. Gotta take in the torso (simple enough) and make the sleeves shorter (not as simple since they have cuffs but I have a few ideas) and figure out how to starch the collar so it stands up a bit more.
As for things I've actually done recently, glued on the bias tape to Annie's armwarmers and they look fine, really glad I was lazy and bought bias tape instead of making my own since it looks nicer, really like the color too.
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #41417
ringoiero360
Exactly

>So many ideas for Daft Punk cosplay I want to do.
>No one to be my Thomas.
>FOREVER ALONE IN COSPLAY.
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #41418
Hime_S

Mokada magica... can't decide what character to do!
Hime_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #41419
stitchez

Why is it so hard to find people already cosplaying or willing to cosplay people you need! I' going to eventually do The Summoner from Homestuck and Human! Starscream from TFA is in the works for ALA but despite my efforts I can't find somone willing to be my Grand Highblood or Megatron D8> Worried about the latter more than the former.

So my friends (cosplaying as my clones) and I are going to pass out applications for Megatrons at ALA if I don't get one in time.

Cosplay Plans
ALA 2016 - not 100% sure yet
  • Cremisuis Aclassi - Punkquisition, winter palace?
  • Edward Kenway - tattered/castaway
  • DIO - formal for dance?, pt 3?
  • Polnareff - pt 3?
  • Metal Bat
stitchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #41420
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I started sewing while on a cruise. XD
It was a productive vacation.
That's....such an oxymoron...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #41421
PsychoLove
The MoonSquid

I wish that some day I would get a cosplay showcase ;_; but don't we all wish that?!

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

www.facebook.com/themoonsquid

Recently Completed:
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Marvel Comics: Scarlet Witch

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Pokemon: Gengar
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
Twilight Princess: Ganondorf
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #41422
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchez View Post
Why is it so hard to find people already cosplaying or willing to cosplay people you need! I' going to eventually do The Summoner from Homestuck and Human! Starscream from TFA is in the works for ALA but despite my efforts I can't find somone willing to be my Grand Highblood or Megatron D8> Worried about the latter more than the former
Maybe no one wants to be your Grand Highblood cuz he's FREGGIN SCARY. And that hair. THAT HAIR.

@__@;;

I like his pants though.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #41423
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

DAMN THIS FREAKING POCKET.
ARGH.
THREE TIMES I've tried to redo this pocket to fit my cellphone into on a bag... EVERY time it keeps ending up too small to eitherget in or out, or it'll go in, but fat chance of pulling it out. Time number four and I'm getting REALLY sick of it. It better work THIS time. Especially because it's pleather, and I have to sew it by hand.
...and then I can start on that bag strap, which is even worse on my fingers. ugggh. But on the bright side, I've made the schoolbag for absolutely nothing. Somehow I amassed about five metres of 60" leatherlook vinyl over the past two years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #41424
skythefairae
You know, what's-er-face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Better than my to-do List:

Me *Looks at list* pervert, Good guy, good guy, Nazi Vampire, Same Pervert, good gal, psycho, good gal, good gal, Manlady who wants to destroy the world with fire, good guy, double agent, good guy, and that pervert again. (I love his outfit, despite his personality.)
xD Nice. But yeah, it's like I've been wanting to cosplay heroes and total angels, and suddenly the demeanor of my cosplay desires take a very sharp turn for the worse. o3o;
-Semi-secret cosplay
-Female assassin recruit
-Asbel Lhant (Tales of Graces)
Please join my AX '12 Blazblue/Guilty Gear gathering!
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=271552
So many ideas, so little time
skythefairae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #41425
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by skythefairae View Post
xD Nice. But yeah, it's like I've been wanting to cosplay heroes and total angels, and suddenly the demeanor of my cosplay desires take a very sharp turn for the worse. o3o;
I know how you feel. I'll be dressed as a Hero or a really good guy one day and then the next day I'm some psycho creeper.

And as for what is on my mind:

Sometimes I just want to take a vacuum cleaner to my dog, because it seems like getting all of her hair off my Ludwig pants is a task worthy of Sisyphus.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #41426
Auzrill
The Strange New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
The more I watch Yogscast, the more I want to do Minecraft cosplays. If I could find someone to be my Xephos, I would be so willing to do Honeydew. Minecraft cosplays just look so bloody awesome. Honeydew is the one on the right, by the way. Either them, a creeper or the infamous Israphel, haha.
The picture of Honeydew and Xephos and the Creeper is of me and is mine. If you want to use it, please link and credit.
Auzrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #41427
stitchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Maybe no one wants to be your Grand Highblood cuz he's FREGGIN SCARY. And that hair. THAT HAIR.

@__@;;

I like his pants though.
PFTTTTTT- If people are willing to do Fefcestor and Nepcestor someone has to be crazy enough to take on Grand Highblood and his amass of teased to hell and back hair.

Cosplay Plans
ALA 2016 - not 100% sure yet
  • Cremisuis Aclassi - Punkquisition, winter palace?
  • Edward Kenway - tattered/castaway
  • DIO - formal for dance?, pt 3?
  • Polnareff - pt 3?
  • Metal Bat
stitchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #41428
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehkukikookie View Post
That is the cutest thing! ;3;
Quote:
Originally Posted by aMURica View Post
That is SO adorable. xD
She's three years old, three feet tall, and the cutest thing in the world. I love my niece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I'm 19... At times it really does seem like I'm babysiting or I just don't plain belong. In the cosplay groups, its just intensified.

Like telling the 13 year old not to 'claim' someones boobs because while yeah you won't get in trouble the 20-something you are touching will. The older ones just walk away from the younger ones. Personally, I feel like I just need to say something, like 'I've been there done that and thats something you don't want to be'.

The older ones are more mature but they are more 'drama' and I need to watch very closely and pay much closer attention to who pisses off who and such. They also tend to drink and invite me to bars, which I'm not interested in and I'm not 21 anyway.
This.
I tend to stick to my cosplay group, because they're closer to my age and less....strange. Most of the cosplayers in my town that don't respect social boundaries are much younger than me, like 13-15. The ones that are 16 to 19 are just....yeah.
I was so happy to meet the Beasts of Hentai, because they're close to my age, like cosplay, and aren't completely weird. :'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
Just ordered the petticoat for my Sheryl cosplay, and the shoes. Now theirs no turning back! XD
Ooh, which Sheryl outfit are you working on next?

AAAAHHHH I really want a proper shoot as Yoko at Sakura-Con. ;3;
LOOK AT THIS.
This is the best photo of my Yoko cosplay to date. I can't wait to get the hi-res image from the photographer so I can spam my dA and other cosplay sites~
Unread 08-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #41429
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

I got my England cosplay earlier today. AND IT FITS.
I am so happy. I love it <3
Unread 08-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #41430
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
This.
I tend to stick to my cosplay group, because they're closer to my age and less....strange. Most of the cosplayers in my town that don't respect social boundaries are much younger than me, like 13-15. The ones that are 16 to 19 are just....yeah.
I was so happy to meet the Beasts of Hentai, because they're close to my age, like cosplay, and aren't completely weird. :'D
I need to find a cosplay group close to me age T_T everyones ether younger or older then me and people I do find that are my age they fit nicely with the younglings. (There is a maturity gap there with people my age because I graduated a year before them.)

I should probably join the anime club at UH, since they are close to my age. I just...haven't. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
I got my England cosplay earlier today. AND IT FITS.
I am so happy. I love it <3
Congrads XD~~~ pictures?
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote