Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #41551
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Gah I think my Minako wig hates me. Or she hates what I put her through. After I used the silicone spray on her she began to smell really bad and it wouldn't go away so I ended up washing her again and the smell still wasn't gone so I ended up febreezing her. And now she smells like mangos. XD She's still not dry from her shower yet so it looks like I won't be styling her tonight.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #41552
Shana05
Survivor

I got a run in my thigh highs last weekend so I bought some new ones this week. But they're slightly different. My original one were like this while my new ones are this. Although the idea of Alois with lacy thigh highs seems amusingly in-character.

Naka-Kon 2016: lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Chef!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!Star Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy) - Mega Absol (Pokemon gijinka)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #41553
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

So I just finished pinning the skirt to the top. I re-gathered it. It was a pain. I am virtually undoing half the sewing I did on vacation....

Also. I was watching Blood-C while gathering and pinning. I wanted to cry. But that's not the point. I LOVE Saya and her uniform. I want to cosplay her. But I don't have the boobs. >.>
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #41554
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post

Also. I was watching Blood-C while gathering and pinning. I wanted to cry. But that's not the point. I LOVE Saya and her uniform. I want to cosplay her. But I don't have the boobs. >.>
I feel your pain. I want to cosplay Saya in that uniform but that hair... I really do love the school uniform though.

Quote:

Unread 08-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #41555
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I feel your pain. I want to cosplay Saya in that uniform but that hair... I really do love the school uniform though.
Her hair is sooooooo pretty when it's down. I figure that if I ever do Saya, I'd forget about the volume of her pigtails and just....do pigtails. XD

Edit: Just finished sewing the skirt on! Yaaaaaaaaaaay! It looks okay! Now to finish edges and fix the length of the skirt. And then I have to study for an hour and fall asleep reading my physics summer reading book. BUT we're taking the train up to Troy, and I'll have a lot of free time tomorrow night as well, so I get to sew! And study. But mostly sew! :'D

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 08-18-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #41556
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Her hair is sooooooo pretty when it's down. I figure that if I ever do Saya, I'd forget about the volume of her pigtails and just....do pigtails. XD
Oh that's a good idea actually. XD I'd probably even make them shorter than what it is in the anime for convenience sake. I know that sword will haunt me to make it though. It and its pretty design.

Quote:

Unread 08-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #41557
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Oh that's a good idea actually. XD I'd probably even make them shorter than what it is in the anime for convenience sake. I know that sword will haunt me to make it though. It and its pretty design.
But but but the sword! The fang things on the.............I don't know the parts of a sword. But they like...open and close and stuff! XD
But the idea is very tempting. >

Also. I've got a Prichara wig for my Shimizu Raimei cosplay. But I want to re-tie the pigtails. Is that a bad idea? Is it going to be really really hard to put it back up? >.<

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 08-18-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #41558
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
^///^

THEN I WILL BE THE BEST SVEN I CAN BE. Although doing facial hair for the first time will be interesting, ha.

And a little more studying and then I'll allow myself the bliss of organizing my cosplay room. MY. COSPLAY. ROOM. It'll be a while before that gets old. XD
And now you're doing Sven? The amount of love I have for you... is ridiculous.
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #41559
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
But but but the sword! The fang things on the.............I don't know the parts of a sword. But they like...open and close and stuff! XD
But the idea is very tempting. >

Also. I've got a Prichara wig for my Shimizu Raimei cosplay. But I want to re-tie the pigtails. Is that a bad idea? Is it going to be really really hard to put it back up? >.<
I know. XD I would love to make a sword with moving fangs although I have no idea how it would work in the first place. Probably involve springs or something. Although if I do make it I would probably ignore that little fact in order not to cry in frustration and such.

It shouldn't be too hard if the wig was originally styled for the pigtails. No wefting to do and such. I would say go for it.

Quote:

Unread 08-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #41560
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I took the shoulder pads out of my S.M.S. uniform jacket last night. Finally, the jacket just looks baggy instead of like I have freaking huge man-shoulders. xD Plus, I got around to taking some WIP shots.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/smswip.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/smswip2.jpg/

So close to finishing this costume~! <3

btw, if you need a boost for your bust costume, those little bra-strap-clip-thingies are really great. ( o uo)b
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #41561
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
I know. XD I would love to make a sword with moving fangs although I have no idea how it would work in the first place. Probably involve springs or something. Although if I do make it I would probably ignore that little fact in order not to cry in frustration and such.

It shouldn't be too hard if the wig was originally styled for the pigtails. No wefting to do and such. I would say go for it.
It'd be awesome but oh god I don't even know where to start on that. XD

Alright, sounds good to me! I guess I'll do it either Saturday when I get home or Sunday after I get back from my dad's house.

So I felt like camwhoring in the Sakura dress I'm working on.
After a while, I realized that the shortest part isn't center.....but I've already finished the seam and everything! ;_; I just realized that I had marked the center of each side and matched that while I was hand-sewing, but of course disappearing ink disappears and it's been over a week.....
But since I was planning on shortening it (a lot) maybe I can move the center when I do that....
But man, I LOVE this fabric. It's so thin (perfect for this 3.5 yard skirt) and soft and has a really slight shine to it and it's so pretty!
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #41562
Kagome_17
Monster Hunter Nikki

Today I got a 10 yard bolt of bleached Muslin at JoAnn Fabric for $31, original price was $50. Yay now I have enough to make a few mock-ups. Now I have to be really carful & not spind anymore money. I spent about $400 at the mall,Staples for printer ink & that inclued gas. Now I'm regreating spending go much. But next time I go to the mall, I'll return a necklace chain the didn't fit any of my pendants.
Video Game Inspired Food Blog
Campfire Pie Iron Recipes Blog
_____
TsubasaCon 2012 (The Con with wings)
Thursday: Nana Osaki from Nana or Fallout Pre-war Spring dress
Friday: Sakura from Naruto
Saturday: HealerU armor from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with Dragonhead Harp bow
Sunday: Bible Black school uniform without vest
Kagome_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #41563
ringoiero360
Exactly

Someday I will cosplay William Birkin's second form of the G virus. Maybe Halloween next year. I'll read some stuff about making latex masks in the meantime.
Unread 08-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #41564
Kerodohi
No longer active

Priced out some EVA foam and other supplies for Nihlus...
Now I REALLY need to sell a costume or two. There's no way it's gonna happen otherwise. Oh well, I was getting tired of Sebastian anyway. *evil grin* Now, onward to finish paying the rest of my tuition in order to see exactly how much money I need to make...
Unread 08-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #41565
Chimera~Moon

Yaay! Finished my toteto dress!
Well.. sorta.. I'm adding a pocket and bows tomorrow
Day2- Swimstuck Terezi
Day3- Lady Nightwing
Chimera~Moon is offline   Reply With Quote