Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 867 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #41551
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
I noticed that too at Fanime this year while wearing November 11's nearly identical suit and running into Svens at every turn. ("Are you blond Sven or something?" *facepalm*) And of course my group didn't take Black Cat because last year no one knew what it was.

Trends, I fail at you. XD
Yeah at AX, I've kept on running into a lot of Sven's, a couple of Saya's, a LOT of Train's, I don't know if I ran into any Eve's cause she tends to blend too well with the lolitas. I think there were two Black Cat groups running around AX.

I'm wondering perhaps they've been relicensed or perhaps Cartoon Network ran a lot of Black Cat Marathons?
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #41552
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
I'm wondering perhaps they've been relicensed or perhaps Cartoon Network ran a lot of Black Cat Marathons?
Black Cat is on FUNimation, but I don't know if they show it anymore because my parents downgraded our cable and now I don't have it, but I DO remember that it was quite a while ago that they ran it, because I watched it OVER AND OVER when they did....I wanted to cosplay Saya and Eve REALLY badly. I love Eve and her hair. XD

Edit:
I just sewed the skirt to the bodice for real this time (disregard the basting stitches in gold I haven't taken out yet) and found out that the gathering's a bit uneven. Should I take it out, or should I leave it?
Should I.....just cover it with the gold that goes around the waistline later? But then again that CAN'T turn out well.

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 08-18-2011 at 03:00 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #41553
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Hoping to finish the bulk of my contest costume this weekend to get it out of the way so i can hopefully move on to my final costume of the year. Finally bought the last bit of fabric I needed for it last weekend and now I'm anxious to get started on it.
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #41554
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Tonight! Wing modules that will allow my wings to go into profile.

Edit: Oh darn... gotta buy make-up tonight... >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Black Cat is on FUNimation, but I don't know if they show it anymore because my parents downgraded our cable and now I don't have it, but I DO remember that it was quite a while ago that they ran it, because I watched it OVER AND OVER when they did....I wanted to cosplay Saya and Eve REALLY badly. I love Eve and her hair. XD[...]
Her hair is pretty awesome! You could make some crazy props with her hair as a great excuse.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?

Last edited by DarkCloudInc : 08-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #41555
Alope
Knowledge addict

Just one week left for my convention and no progress made on my Magnet dress this whole last week! I'm officially stressing out now. >__<;;
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #41556
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Whyyyyy? USPS is awesome about not delievering packages to me. Once again, I'm going to have to go pick up my stuff at the post office. Even though I was totally home all day and totally could have signed for it!
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #41557
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Why is it that I can watch hours of makeup tutorials and know the theory behind every look and how it should be applied, but I utterly fail when trying to replicate it on my face? This makes me sad in the face.
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #41558
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Well I got a great Joann's coupon that becomes valid tomorrow. But Motaku also starts that day as well. So I'm making an early trip to the store just to use it because I'll be spending the rest of my weekend at the con.

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #41559
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
AND I LOVE YOU FOREVER. XD
^///^

THEN I WILL BE THE BEST SVEN I CAN BE. Although doing facial hair for the first time will be interesting, ha.

And a little more studying and then I'll allow myself the bliss of organizing my cosplay room. MY. COSPLAY. ROOM. It'll be a while before that gets old. XD

Next con: Yaoi Con (Burlingham, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #41560
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Gah I think my Minako wig hates me. Or she hates what I put her through. After I used the silicone spray on her she began to smell really bad and it wouldn't go away so I ended up washing her again and the smell still wasn't gone so I ended up febreezing her. And now she smells like mangos. XD She's still not dry from her shower yet so it looks like I won't be styling her tonight.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #41561
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I got a run in my thigh highs last weekend so I bought some new ones this week. But they're slightly different. My original one were like this while my new ones are this. Although the idea of Alois with lacy thigh highs seems amusingly in-character.

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #41562
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

So I just finished pinning the skirt to the top. I re-gathered it. It was a pain. I am virtually undoing half the sewing I did on vacation....

Also. I was watching Blood-C while gathering and pinning. I wanted to cry. But that's not the point. I LOVE Saya and her uniform. I want to cosplay her. But I don't have the boobs. >.>
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #41563
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:

Also. I was watching Blood-C while gathering and pinning. I wanted to cry. But that's not the point. I LOVE Saya and her uniform. I want to cosplay her. But I don't have the boobs. >.>
I feel your pain. I want to cosplay Saya in that uniform but that hair... I really do love the school uniform though.

Quote:

Unread 08-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #41564
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I feel your pain. I want to cosplay Saya in that uniform but that hair... I really do love the school uniform though.
Her hair is sooooooo pretty when it's down. I figure that if I ever do Saya, I'd forget about the volume of her pigtails and just....do pigtails. XD

Edit: Just finished sewing the skirt on! Yaaaaaaaaaaay! It looks okay! Now to finish edges and fix the length of the skirt. And then I have to study for an hour and fall asleep reading my physics summer reading book. BUT we're taking the train up to Troy, and I'll have a lot of free time tomorrow night as well, so I get to sew! And study. But mostly sew! :'D

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 08-18-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #41565
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Her hair is sooooooo pretty when it's down. I figure that if I ever do Saya, I'd forget about the volume of her pigtails and just....do pigtails. XD
Oh that's a good idea actually. XD I'd probably even make them shorter than what it is in the anime for convenience sake. I know that sword will haunt me to make it though. It and its pretty design.

Quote: