Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #41566
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

got my prop swords finished for ukitake, just need to put the little tag things on the ribbon that runs between them. not bad considering i didn't even consider making them until earlier this week

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2011, 02:37 AM   #41567
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
And now you're doing Sven? The amount of love I have for you... is ridiculous.
I WISH I LIVED CLOSER TO YOU.

You have no idea. The shenanigans we could pull... *longing sigh*

In mediocre news, I never did get to organizing my cosplay room. I studied, I cleaned house, I fell asleep. Kind of lame. Maybe tomorrow. XD
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: SacAnime Summer
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #41568
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Everything ordered and ready for my Karkat cosplay.

Now. We play the waiting game. *stares at eBay page in hopes it'll update and give me a tracking number for SOMETHING*

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #41569
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

Finally sorta recovered my energy~ The meet was fun, even though we were more than fashionably late due to the fact we got lost on the way to the Oregon Zoo because we managed to get so lost we ended up in Vancouver, WA. 8D;;

So, lessee.
- Wigs from TaoBao'll be here Saturday since they cleared LA customs around one yesterday
- I'm not happy with CosplayWig in the slightest due to issues with their service and shipping, as I have still yet to receive my wig and the tracking's not being reassuring in the slightest
- I added another costume to be done before the end of the year because I need new friends (Likely going to have Halloween!Hungary done for Halloween because they encouraged it, it's fairly simple, and I've wanted to do it since it's release so they didn't have to do much)
- Madoka discussion has served to remind me to have a friend watch it so the possibility of her cosplaying Gertrude to my H. N. Elly & our other friend's QB is higher~
- And I pre-ordered the Witch figure set, even though I thought I'd get away from this show without buying any merch. ;;
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #41570
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
I WISH I LIVED CLOSER TO YOU.

You have no idea. The shenanigans we could pull... *longing sigh*

In mediocre news, I never did get to organizing my cosplay room. I studied, I cleaned house, I fell asleep. Kind of lame. Maybe tomorrow. XD
;A; IKR?!?! Distance, why are you such a jerk?! *le cry*

Anyway... meet up on Sunday... I want to wear my England cosplay.. but, we set a "super casual cosplay only" rule.
And I have to make the belt still... so.. I guess casual England it is XD
Unread 08-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #41571
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

I really wish I could get motivated to work on costumes, I've been in a cosplay rut for a couple of months now, and I'm ready to work on costumes, just can't bring myself to do it =(

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #41572
StarsOfCassiopeia
Sparkle & Shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I really wish I could get motivated to work on costumes, I've been in a cosplay rut for a couple of months now, and I'm ready to work on costumes, just can't bring myself to do it =(
I'm having the exact opposite problem, unfortunately... you can have my cosplay-related motivation, haha?

For 2012, I only have 2 new cosplays planned, seeing as how I only really ever get to 1 con a year and how insane my school schedule is. I'm already being killed by sports practices and other misc. projects/business-y things (such as with clubs and service projects and the like), which leaves no time for me to get materials to do much of anything.

If only I could get supplies. Then I could work in small chunks...
  • Phi (Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma): 66% (Accessories) Ikebukuro Cosplay Event 2016
  • Ariel Sail Dress (Disney's Little Mermaid): 40% (Patterning) Summer 2016
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #41573
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
I'm having the exact opposite problem, unfortunately... you can have my cosplay-related motivation, haha? ...
YES PLEASE!!!

If you can figure out a way to transfer it, I'll take it! XD I have about 893472095709 costumes planned for next year, and I know if I don't get started on them soon, I'll have to give up a couple of them =/ Besides I miss sewing, I just can't get myself started =(

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #41574
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
Anyway... meet up on Sunday... I want to wear my England cosplay.. but, we set a "super casual cosplay only" rule.
And I have to make the belt still... so.. I guess casual England it is XD
I hate it when that happens~! I'm in the opposite issue. Theres a cosplay gathering tomorrow thats NOT casual. But all I have is casual or Childrens Day France (and its at a beach, so why the FUCK would it not be casual!?). So instead, I shall be going to the thrift store today and buying stuff to complete Davesprite, though minus the wings since I haven't made them yet XD;; Not sure anyone will mind.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #41575
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Going to see a cosplay friend that lives just over 3 hours away from me.. doesn't seem like much, but when you're travelling a long distance for the first time on your own, does seem like long! Also, I got to go through London and the underground to get to her house which is a county just above London.
I really do hope I don't get lost D:

Bringing my Hanon cosplay along so I can help her with her Luchia's! Like a mini-cosplay-making party! :3
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #41576
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

My Minako wig has been styled into submission! Took long enough. >_> I just hope it'll look fine for the whole weekend but I am taking my styling stuff just in case. Now the question is how to get it from New Jersey to Canada without messing it up.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #41577
Kiichigo

Yay ~ My cosplay partner/class mate/awesome friend came home with me today and I got a lot done~ We cut out the sticks we need for our pokemon props and I started cutting out fabric for my prop Plus I did some progress on the main body of Gyarados, as well as started on the beading

PLUS - I bought my Jade wig I can't wait to start cosplaying her! I love the Homestuck fandom in Denmark and hanging out with them in-character will be great <3
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #41578
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
I hate it when that happens~! I'm in the opposite issue. Theres a cosplay gathering tomorrow thats NOT casual. But all I have is casual or Childrens Day France (and its at a beach, so why the FUCK would it not be casual!?). So instead, I shall be going to the thrift store today and buying stuff to complete Davesprite, though minus the wings since I haven't made them yet XD;; Not sure anyone will mind.
Oh rules, so necessary, yet so aggravating.

And I've recently been wondering whether I should have bought brown boots instead of black for England.
But I already threw away the receipt for the boots I already bought, so... oh well.
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #41579
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

The hat is here.....and I think my head dome thingies are too big. Crap. And where are my shoes?! C'mon UPS. It's a sad day when USPS beats you, especially when I ordered your stuff the day before.

Also got a new Monster High doll today....I will NOT cosplay her. I will NOT cosplay her. I will NOT cosplay her...............
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #41580
StarsOfCassiopeia
Sparkle & Shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
YES PLEASE!!!

If you can figure out a way to transfer it, I'll take it! XD I have about 893472095709 costumes planned for next year, and I know if I don't get started on them soon, I'll have to give up a couple of them =/ Besides I miss sewing, I just can't get myself started =(
METHOD 1: TELEPATHY

I will just concentrate on your username and icon, and somehow, the motivation to work will magically be transferred and be put to good use!

(Tell me if it works! )

I miss sewing too, I know what you mean. x.x (Still lacking appropriate fabric though, pfffff.) I'm thinking about trying to see if I can do some artisan craft projects (like Trucy's top hat). I might have leftover cardboard that could function as a base?
  • Phi (Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma): 66% (Accessories) Ikebukuro Cosplay Event 2016
  • Ariel Sail Dress (Disney's Little Mermaid): 40% (Patterning) Summer 2016
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote