Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #41656
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
I just got my first crude cosplay photo comment not even two seconds after I posted the latest photo of my Yoko cosplay on deviantART. Way to go, internet. :/
Some people have no class. :/

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #41657
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
I just got my first crude cosplay photo comment not even two seconds after I posted the latest photo of my Yoko cosplay on deviantART. Way to go, internet. :/
I'm trollin' him back.

Mwuaha. Rawr.

EDIT: He clearly misunderstood what a "compliment" was. I linked him to this.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!

Last edited by Kell-chan : 08-21-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #41658
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Quote:
I was going to trool him, but I can't even think of a reply to that. Wow.

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #41659
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehkukikookie View Post
Yeah, I got bored and just blocked him. But I did learn that his name is Vincent, and that his account has been inactive for about 2-3 years until about 6 days ago. Troll.

There's a lot of info to be deduced merely from comments on one's page. :I

Unread 08-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #41660
ローレン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Yeah, I got bored and just blocked him. But I did learn that his name is Vincent, and that his account has been inactive for about 2-3 years until about 6 days ago. Troll.

I've never seen a troll on this site before...
ローレン is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #41661
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ローレン View Post
This guy in particular is on DA.

But hey, stick around long enough on coscom and you may catch a glimpse of the elusive "Proud Asian" or other name variant. He likes to pretend he's Japanese and lives to demean non-Japanese cosplayers. Because he really, REALLY needs a productive hobby.

We call him "Meg" (as in, Family Guy) and ply his racist threads with images of oranges and various citrus fruits. It's a long story.

Unread 08-21-2011, 02:13 AM   #41662
myalchod
reflections and dreams

4+ hours of leatherworking without really pausing to do more than stretch a little? No wonder my hands are contemplating murder. <_<;;;; I really need to consider setting an alarm clock when I work to remind me to pause, except I always worry I'll get distracted and not come back to what I was working on for a while ...

At least everything is now cut and punched (unless I have to add extra pieces in later) and the skiving's about a third done -- and I got the dye today. Tested it, and pleased -- and even more pleased with how shredding the leather with scissors works. Animal claw marks, check. XD

But still, could do without this ow.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:17 AM   #41663
ローレン

Quote:
This guy in particular is on DA.

But hey, stick around long enough on coscom and you may catch a glimpse of the elusive "Proud Asian" or other name variant. He likes to pretend he's Japanese and lives to demean non-Japanese cosplayers. Because he really, REALLY needs a productive hobby.

We call him "Meg" (as in, Family Guy) and ply his racist threads with images of oranges and various citrus fruits. It's a long story.
Wow... he pretends to be Japanese? Does he hate him self that much? He sounds pretty pathetic.
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #41664
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

I'm remaking my Serah Farron costume... Never working with Chiffon again!
ToxicFantasyVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:51 AM   #41665
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehkukikookie View Post
Quote:
I'm trollin' him back.

Mwuaha. Rawr.

EDIT: He clearly misunderstood what a "compliment" was. I linked him to this.
Quote:

I didn't bother to look at the user's page. I just deleted the message from my inbox. :I
Though I should probably go back and hide the comment on the image, so it won't encourage others to post similar gross-ness.

EDIT - just to be safe, I'm blocking him from my page so he doesn't do something stupid like drawing dicks on my homepage.

Quote:
There's always Meg. Good ol' Meg.

Last edited by Celia Rose : 08-21-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #41666
ローレン

Quote:
I didn't bother to look at the user's page. I just deleted the message from my inbox. :I
Though I should probably go back and hide the comment on the image, so it won't encourage others to post similar gross-ness.

There's always Meg. Good ol' Meg.
Who the heck is meg? (except a character on family guy)
Unread 08-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #41667
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Oh my god. Oh my FUCKING god. Words cannot describe the utter pissed off feelings I am feeling this very moment.

Finally. After weeks of being a picky bitch on what wig I wanted for Karkat, I finally found one. About a week ago, I ordered it with express shipping. I've been checking day after day in hopes it'd be here already. 2-3 day shipping. Its been 5 days.

I get an email today.

Its out of stock and won't be in stock until the end of the month.

I NEEDED THIS WIG IN 2 WEEKS. I can't fucking wait until the end of the month! Thats when the con is!

Really Arda? Really? I spend more money than I usually do on wigs to make sure I get a great quality wig on time. And you pull this bullshit.

Unhappy.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #41668
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

^To be completely fair, they are moving to an entirely new city with all the chaos that implies.

Quote:
I'm curious, why don't people like it that much?
I honestly have no idea. Just that the Madoka fans I've talked to that knew about it, tend to have a not-so favorable attitude towards it. :< Which is sad, because Oriko and Kirika's designs are amazing, even if the way they were going about saving the world was pretty warped.

Wigs arrived, and the shipping finally was updated on the other one which'll arrive Monday.

Little disappointed, as wig I got for 2P!Ameriko is shorter than I anticipated. So I'm just going to use a different one for con, and buy a new one before Fanime~ And people who want to cosplay France should just get Fantasy Sheep's Rin wig, I swear. Dead ringer right out of the bag.

Less than two weeks until con. I should really get the wigs that need styling done and finish sewing all the half-done costumes so all I need to worry about is packing and having fun money on me. 8|
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #41669
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆ Kei ☆ View Post
^To be completely fair, they are moving to an entirely new city with all the chaos that implies.
I didn't see anything like that on the site. If they're having problems, they should say so. In big bold letters on the front page to deter people from making bad choices. (( EDIT: I checked the site, seems they are moving. But they didn't warn it would mess up orders. Just delaying picture uploads. )) Or at least tell me within a reasonable time that my wig won't be arriving. It should have been here tomorrow already (technically monday due to no postage on sunday, but you know what i mean). At the latest. If they'd told me the day after that it was out of stock, I wouldn't be as irritated with them. But they waited until 5 days later. Ugh.

I probably wouldn't care as much, either, if it wasn't for the fact I kind of need this wig for SacAnime. I've been spending all my cash trying to make sure I have all materials needed and can finish this in time for the con. If I'd known they'd have fucked up on the wig, I wouldn't have wasted my energy and worn something else. But at this point, I've spent so much time and money, it'd kill me to not wear that costume. And now I can't unless they get me that wig.

Guh. I mean, shit. I even paid EXTRA to make sure it'd be here faster. Then they don't tell me til after the scheduled delivery. When people pay extra for shipping, that implies they want it here sooner for a reason. So being all "nevermind" after I've waited my due time it should have arrived in... that just seems pretty messed up to me. At least they should have the courtesy. Not telling me until now implies they didn't even try to ship it yet. Really unprofessional.

I'm not even mad anymore, I'm just stating my opinion on the matter. Its a bit irritating, but I'll have to live. Possibly borrow a wig from a friend for the convention. Or if Arda has any sense of business, they'll overnight me the wig when it comes in stock.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!

Last edited by Axelai : 08-21-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #41670
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Who the heck is meg? (except a character on family guy)
ProudAsian on here. Since no one likes him we just started calling him Meg, just like the Family Guy character.