Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1096 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #41836
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenLover View Post
Our meeting is definitely a gift form the Goddess!

I get so many people who've been asking me 'Why don't you just cosplay Sephiroth then you won't be answering the 'who are you bit, 100 times' But.... I don't want to be Sephiroth! *pouts* Genesis is who I want to be

Even though the wings are positioned differently (I agree 100% I've been studying them too long) it would still help people who want to do Seph get an idea in their mind. Know what I mean? Instead of just being lost and confused like a male in the lingerie department
XD~~~ Indeed it is. lol I told Puppy about this and now he's pouting off to the side lol (the Zack cosplayer) lol

I don't wanna be Sephiroth ether! T_T He's just so so blah. Genesis's story has so much more then a perfect soldier who has a mommy issue. Also 'Sephiroth' use to be a nickname of mine in Highschool and I hated it, hence why I punch the people who suggest it. They know I hate it.

LOL...why did the image of Angeal being lost in Victoria Secret come to mind?.... Anyway, I see your point. XD My friend and I will be working on it. As soon as ether she wakes up or I bug here enough to wake up.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #41837
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Fingers cramping like woah. Next time, suck it up and buy a bevel stamp.

But this cuff is turning out really nicely, and that makes it all worth it. I'm not sure I'll have the nerve to damage it along with the rest of the costume. <_<
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #41838
GenLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
XD~~~ Indeed it is. lol I told Puppy about this and now he's pouting off to the side lol (the Zack cosplayer) lol

I don't wanna be Sephiroth ether! T_T He's just so so blah. Genesis's story has so much more then a perfect soldier who has a mommy issue. Also 'Sephiroth' use to be a nickname of mine in Highschool and I hated it, hence why I punch the people who suggest it. They know I hate it.

LOL...why did the image of Angeal being lost in Victoria Secret come to mind?.... Anyway, I see your point. XD My friend and I will be working on it. As soon as ether she wakes up or I bug here enough to wake up.
Oh God. I just pictured Angeal in Victoria Secret and I am dieing of laughter. I can just picture this horribly confused puppy expression on his face as he stands in front of a rack of lacy unders

As I'm staring at my coat pattern for Genesis I think I might beg and plead with my mom to sew the coat and I'll do the rest. LOL I have bad bad experience with coats after I attempted to make a coat when my hubs wanted to be a Highwayman for Halloween. She made all my costumes growing up.... maybe she'll help me out once more

I'm working on Loveless today, not the cover but getting the inside written out in elegant (snort) script. LOL I think it will be the first part of my costume I get up for photos

2014 Convention List:
Indy Pop Con * May 30-June 1
Gen Con * August 14-17
Star Base Indy * November 28-30
GenLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #41839
Kiichigo

Meeeeeeh.

I haven't worked on cosplay since Friday and now it's Wednesday.
I won't have time tomorrow or in the weekend.

Hopefully Friday will be free so I can get further progress on Haruko, She's been ignored because of all the work on Gyarados <.<
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #41840
GenLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalchod View Post
Fingers cramping like woah. Next time, suck it up and buy a bevel stamp.

But this cuff is turning out really nicely, and that makes it all worth it. I'm not sure I'll have the nerve to damage it along with the rest of the costume. <_<
Hope your fingers feel better

So... my mom agreed to make my Genesis coat for me. Meaning. I'm 26 with my own kids.... and my mom is still helping me sew costumes I told her I would cut it out, pin it together and everything if she would please for the love of the Goddess just sew it for me. She said sure

2014 Convention List:
Gen Con * August 14-17
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #41841
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

So my entire birthday wishlist consists of cosplay-related things, save for a new iPod.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #41842
GenLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
So my entire birthday wishlist consists of cosplay-related things, save for a new iPod.

When's your birthday? Mine list is all cosplay stuff too I have 2 weeks till my birthday!

2014 Convention List:
Gen Con * August 14-17
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #41843
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
When's your birthday? Mine list is all cosplay stuff too I have 2 weeks till my birthday!
Same here! I'm September 8, you? XD
Okay. I will go study. So that I can actually DO something tonight. >
YAY SEWING! XD Watch me get distracted and end up not sewing anyway.
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #41844
GenLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Same here! I'm September 8, you? XD
Okay. I will go study. So that I can actually DO something tonight. >
YAY SEWING! XD Watch me get distracted and end up not sewing anyway.
OMG! We share a birthday!!! *squee* Mine is September 8th too! My husbands is September 4th lol.

I'm going to add you as a buddy so I can remember to wish you happy birthday

Now what's on my mind about cosplay. For my copy of Loveless I pulled out my rubber stamps and am now painstakingly, slowly stamping letter by letter all the known Acts and quotes from Loveless

2014 Convention List:
Gen Con * August 14-17
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #41845
Alope
Knowledge addict

I just finished my first cosplay I've sewn myself completely. It's not perfect, but damn, I'm proud! And two days before the start of the con, hah. ^__^
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #41846
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I need 10 yards of black felt and a bolt of black muslin if that even exists...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #41847
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
OMG! We share a birthday!!! *squee* Mine is September 8th too! My husbands is September 4th lol.

I'm going to add you as a buddy so I can remember to wish you happy birthday
OMG that's so cool!
And now that I've decided which jump rings I'm asking for, my birthday wishlist is complete! XD
I'm so excited for my upcoming cosplays, it's not even funny.
Edit: And I"m thinking about Halloween and International Tutu Day (2/2). I make or put something together for International Tutu Day--I've got HUGE plans, and I'm so excited! I think I'll make a pull-on tutu. I've been thinking of having a blue theme, but I think I'll change it to be a more teal color, so I can use my Miku wig and play with it. Lest I obtain another fun-colored wig, but I don't feel like doing something very princess-ey or pink-themed. I want a cool, blue thing going. Ice. Blue. Spirals and things. This'll be fun. I think I'll find a white or blue leotard to decorate. Now I really wish I had some throw away pointe shoes that I could dye, but the most logical and economical thing would be just to photoshop them.

And Halloween. I want to do a pink faerie wedding something. I wanted to use my Luka wig...but it's a terrible wig so I think I'll get something new before then. Either a brown wig or a pink wig; whatever works. And I want rhinestones and sparkles and things. Oooooooh, this'll be so much fun!

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 08-24-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #41848
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I'm torn between two fragile lives
"Hey there you look nice" or
"Hey there would you like to talk about Homestuck?"

That song is my life right now.

Anyways, sewing more and more grub plushies. Oh god. Grub parts EVERYWHERE. 5 bodies, 4 heads, two more bodies cut out and the rest of the heads... I did the math, and I'll be cutting out 84 leg parts 8|;;; GUH.

And the stupid package isn't done "processing" yet. I NEED MY KARKAT MAKEUP D<

EDIT: And I think Arda skimped out on my shipping 8|;; I paid for 2-3 day shipping. According to tracking, its been 2 days since its shipped and its currently in Illinois. So... it should be here tomorrow if its 2-3 day shipping. I doubt it'll get from Illinois to California by today...

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #41849
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
I'm torn between two fragile lives
"Hey there you look nice" or
"Hey there would you like to talk about Homestuck?"
That song is me.

I think I have a thing about grey shirts? Maybe that's why my Jade shirt looks like shit on me. It's not so different in colour to my Sonic shirt and that too makes me look terribad. In any case, I've ordered another shirt for Jade, the one I originally wanted (atoms are awesome, sorry Bec!) so that should be here before I cosplay Jade next.

If I go to Expo, I think I'll have to cosplay Dave. Gary is awesome and all but until I sew my own shirt, I'm always going to look bad in it. At least Dave doesn't make me look like I ate Ash >:I
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #41850
Red Comet
elite mobile suit pilot

At the risk of sounding whiny... whoever adds new conventions to the list of conventions on this website seems to be falling behind. I've attended three cons this year (Taiyou-con, Con-nichiwa, and AnimeLand TuCon), and I've only been able to add Taiyou-con to my list of cons I attended. The rest I'm still waiting for.

It is a wise man who accepts the limits of his wisdom.
-personal saying
Red Comet is offline   Reply With Quote