Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 923 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #42016
ShindoW_Kitsu
Sorceress of Time

Took me about 45 min, but drew a near perfect flamel for my Ed jacket.

Unread 08-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #42017
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I got fabric today for Sheryl Nome's Diamond Crevasse gown in the TV series. Soooo many yards~ It was $20 on sale, too. <3

I'm starting to get annoyed with all the messages I've been getting asking about FM-Anime. Several other forum users in addition to myself have posted reviews. It's not that hard to google the name of the site + "review," or to search the Merchant Review thread.

/rant.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #42018
MothMask
Internet Freak

International Cosplay Day

So. I've been freaking out over this for a good few weeks now. It's been "International Cosplay Day" this, and "International Cosplay Day" that. I hardly even slept last night (Well, I don't get enough sleep, anyway. But that isn't the point!)

My dad drove my mom (cosplaying Near from Death Note) and me (cosplaying casual!Lithuania from Hetalia) to pick up my friend (cosplaying Matt from Death Note), and then he drove us to the Metro station. We rode up to DC, and arrived in time for a light rain shower. Nothing major. Everything was going good.

But then we got there.

We arrived at the Freer Art Gallery, to find that there were no cosplayers around. Now, we were a few hours early, so this wasn't that big of a deal. We went to the front desk to ask whether they knew about the event, and if they knew exactly where it was being held (because we weren't sure whether it was the garden with potted flowers outside, or the smaller one in the building)

They didn't know anything about the event. We gave them the date, and they looked it up in their server, and on Google. They found the official DC Anime Club site, and a thread here on Coscom. But nothing related to the Smithsonians. At first, we figured that it was just an unofficial event, and therefore wasn't put into the servers. My mom called the person who organized International Cosplay Day.

Apparently, it was rescheduled due to the hurricane. Gee, thanks, hurricane.

Well, since we were already there, we decided to hang out on our own. We wandered in the Freer Art Gallery a while, before going to lunch. (By this time, my feet had begun to hurt (darned boots *shakes fist in the air*), and it would only get worse as the day wore on)

We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant in DC, called "Oyamel Cocino Mexicano". The food was interesting, and very good, despite the fact that we unwittingly ordered tacos from what was probably an appetizer menu.

After that, we decided to go back to the Freer Art Gallery, in case another cosplayers had gone without realizing that it had been rescheduled. No such luck. Oh well. We found something just as good. A woman at the Freer Art Gallery stopped us outside of the bathrooms, and asked if we were cosplayers~! She didn't recognize our costumes, but even so, we were sort of recognized~! We walked around there some more before going to the Natural History Museum.

We spent some time there, and were going to see one of the IMAX movies, but my dad called to say that we needed to come home. Irene was starting to hit harder. We took the Metro back, and my dad picked us up from the station. We dropped my friend off at her house and drove home in low visibility, thanks to the windows becoming foggy.

Now, I'm sitting on my bed, hoping the pain in my feet subsides by tomorrow. Despite the things that just did not go our way, I still call it a success! I'll be uploading the videos/pictures we took today on this YouTube channel later on. Have fun at the real International Cosplay Day, you guys~! I probably won't be able to go, given the fact that my mom won't be able to take any more vacation time for a while. But this shall certainly not be my last public cosplay~~ :3
Katsucon 19~
COSPLAYS
Lithuania (Hetalia) - Completed~
Bard/Beggar/Theif/Scholar Thingy (The Elder Scrolls) - Planning
Also, expect random mish-mashes of various things.
MothMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #42019
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Well, managed an hour of working on that infenral bag. God damn, my fingers. X_X Fairly pleased with how things are coming along, though.
What ARE you making? :O
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #42020
Convulsive
My name is Kan

GUESS WHO JUST BOUGHT 2 PAIRS OF CIRCLE LENSES 8D

This Chick.

Yeahhh

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #42021
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

(Pff~ My two buddies are the only ones viewing the thread~ )
I'm...tempted to cosplay my character from my dance game.
I can't dance.
And I'd get laughed at since most of the rest of the game is inappropriate teenagers, (with a few huge nerds)
Ahaha should I...:I I could just re-use Ciel's wig, then all I'd need to find are some guy clothes.
HMMMN.

Also, what are some simple cosplays that use daggers...I need something for Halloween...:/ Spoiler!Ciel? Maybe?
(*is totally not thinking of a play/fanfiction/etcetc to go with that...of course not...XD*)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #42022
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Saw a hat at the party store today that, with a little editing, looks like Rosiel's from Angel Sanctuary. Me thinks I have an idea...
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #42023
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Looks like I'll need to make a trip to Joann's tomorrow. I was going to work on my lolita Luna Lovegood capelet but I don't have the right thread. It's black with a blue lining and a blue ribbon accent. I didn't think I would need blue thread but the first step is to use that to sew on the ribbon.

I guess I'll be spending tonight researching wigs.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #42024
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

The urge to cosplay Ciel has once again surfaced..
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #42025
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
What ARE you making? :O
The schoolbag for this idea. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/376778/ (No pics yet, I'm afraid)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #42026
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
The urge to cosplay Ciel has once again surfaced..
It's hard not to get that urge. He has awesome clothes.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #42027
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
It's hard not to get that urge. He has awesome clothes.
He truely does.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #42028
MothMask
Internet Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Also, what are some simple cosplays that use daggers...I need something for Halloween...:/ Spoiler!Ciel? Maybe?
(*is totally not thinking of a play/fanfiction/etcetc to go with that...of course not...XD*)
Belarus from Hetalia is known for her daggers. I can't say how simple or difficult her default outfit would be, but there's probably a simpler variant of it. Maybe chibi!Belarus from episode 43?
Katsucon 19~
COSPLAYS
Lithuania (Hetalia) - Completed~
Bard/Beggar/Theif/Scholar Thingy (The Elder Scrolls) - Planning
Also, expect random mish-mashes of various things.
MothMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #42029
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Back on embroidering my Worldcon Masquerade entry, I will have it done for next year and this time I mean it.

Watching football is a great way to embroider. I watch the plays and some replays and embroider during commercials and getting set up on the field.
Unread 08-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #42030
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Hmm...Nice? Kaito? Break? or Ashe? Nice Kaito Break or Ashe? NiceKaitoBreakorAshe?!

the fact that I'm worrying about this almost a year in advance is sad...
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote