Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1044 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #42061
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Doxiequeen, best of luck with the rest of that ruffling!

Lolilovely, sweet prop idea! Can't wait to see photos of it. What materials are you using? I might have to steal that skull idea for a future Ciel cosplay, haha!

Shana05, got to love those discounts, right?

Now, Axelai / Dave...
Yes, Dave, I'm well aware that you proceed to go gallivanting about the Land of Heat and Clockwork with no regard for any of John's directions. He is the leader, not you, after all. You may have a hand on time but that doesn't mean that you know exactly what will occur within said span. Because of that, we're still at the mercy of the game and you have to be careful.

And I find it rather ironic that you say my tastes are uncool when you clearly devote so much time to those puppet things of yours.

Shoot now I'm doing it too.
Regular skull prop and paint ^-^ rather simple, really. Party City & Spirit Halloween are my best friends I swear xD There are also tons of foam skulls online ^-^

http://www.spirithalloween.com/produ...alistic-skull/

I have the silver-y one...I may not even have to paint it! xD

Last edited by LoliLovely : 08-28-2011 at 05:11 PM.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #42062
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Told my friend about the idea of having a pixel painting of naked Tina Barrett as an item for Honeydew. He's still laughing.

I think I have to do it.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #42063
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Now, Axelai / Dave...
Yes, Dave, I'm well aware that you proceed to go gallivanting about the Land of Heat and Clockwork with no regard for any of John's directions. He is the leader, not you, after all. You may have a hand on time but that doesn't mean that you know exactly what will occur within said span. Because of that, we're still at the mercy of the game and you have to be careful.

And I find it rather ironic that you say my tastes are uncool when you clearly devote so much time to those puppet things of yours.

Shoot now I'm doing it too.
whoa slow down girl

no need to get your underwear all bunched up just because i know what im doing

and shut up puppets are ironic

Okay I'm seriously stopping now. I've been on Trollmegle all yesterday and today, so i can't stop roleplaying. NEVER STOP.

...I was actually Dave for once on it and somehow, I didn't suck. The world must really be ending. How does Dave.

Sorry off topic 8D;;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #42064
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Personally, I feel like it still kind of IS on topic- we're just practicing being in-character for when we cosplay! (Gah I would like to do this IRL. It would be so much funnnn.)

Actually, I kept feeling hesitant about wearing Rose again because I felt like I was so Out-Of-Character. Starting to feel a little better now!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #42065
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Hearing "johns" makes me think of prostitution...

I might be able to get my bro to do non wing sebastian michaels... Wow, that'll be interesting...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #42066
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My friends and I always practice being in-character when we're together, even in the stupidest of situations, like when we were cosplaying Hellsing and Walter tried to throw me over her shoulder, lost her balance, and we wound up falling in a heap we didn't break Character once, and spoke all in British accents.
Me: "Walter, please get off of me,"
Her: "Yes sir Integra. are you alright? I'm sorry for dropping you,"
Me: "Yes fine, now go manage the riffraff,"
Her: "Yes sir."

Anyway, What's on my mind:
I swear, I could've spent hours in the Party store's Halloween section, I kept finding various accessories cosplays.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #42067
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Personally, I feel like it still kind of IS on topic- we're just practicing being in-character for when we cosplay! (Gah I would like to do this IRL. It would be so much funnnn.)

Actually, I kept feeling hesitant about wearing Rose again because I felt like I was so Out-Of-Character. Starting to feel a little better now!
Fffft. If you go to SacAnime, ALA, or Anime Expo, we could totally hang in-character XD Though I cosplay Karkat. That's probably not what you wanna be near.

YOU SHOULD REALLY LEARN TO JUST SHUT UP ROSE. OH MY GOG. NO ONE LIKES YOU.

/flees

Unread 08-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #42068
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

oh lord the homestuck RPing. :<

...and yet my own what is on my mind has to do with homestuck. Ironic. I am doing Rose for SacAnime. I have ALL the materials for the Velvet Squiddleknit Dress. I'm just not sure if I have time to do the striped bodice well enough for my tastes because I've got some severe as hell jet lag coming back from Japan! But also thanks to said trip I'm a bit low on cashcashdolladolla to suddenly go out and buy material for the black dress.... decisions, decisions.

I'm thinking I'll just try and bust out the bodice of the Velvet Squiddleknit dress in the next day and if I can't have it done by Monday night I attempt to switch over to Black Dress... what does Coscom think?
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #42069
Stina006
Even in darkness...

what's Homestuck? : P
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #42070
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
*whine* But I want pics!
Lol, but it sounds cool so far! I can't believe you're making a bag like that! I'm looking forward to seeing it done!

YOU CAN DO IT!

.....I'm such a lazy ass. I should start working on my OWN cosplay now.
Yeah, I may get a picture up tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm alllllmost done the actual sewing on it. Though it's now a bit removed from the "Japanese-style" schoolbag. Now it looks like a boxy messenger bag. Ah well. Point is, it'll hold a bunch of materia.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #42071
pltshp
i did what i have to do

I had to do some mad RP-ing in advance to make sure I didn't suck as Dave, and then I ruined it by drinking. DON'T DO IT, KIDS.
I like being in character though. Honeydew is going to be hilarious, since it opens doors for a shit ton of in-jokes, bad singing and funny voices. That and the generic Minecraft jokes (ie. "that'ssss a very nice cosplay you have there" etc).
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #42072
alliebeth
Show me your teeth.

Screw you, badly designed Simplicity bodice! I can put my darts wherever I WANT! HMPH.
[/color][/size]
alliebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #42073
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Stina006- Homestuck is a webcomic. You can read it here: www.mspaintadventures.com

Axelai- DANGIT I'm on the other side of the country. T-T

Hanyaan- Yeah, I think we're done with the in-thread RP, haha. taking that somewhere else. But yes, a high-five for you! The squiddleknit dress is so rarely done, that's why I picked it too! Best of luck and I hope your plan works!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #42074
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

So I totally got nothing done today. Cosplay looms over me like Slenderman over paranoid film students, and I'm just kinda like eh...not now. I should probably like...do my homework or something though.

On the Homestuck topic since that seems to be the subject today, I started reading awhile ago...and it's been pretty boring thus far. I've been reading it live on skype with my friends though, so we can make witty commentary until it gets good, because if I did it by myself at this point I would have stopped already. xD The things I do to understand my friends' conversations. (Seriously, we talked about it at international cosplay day, and it was like another language to me!)

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #42075
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanyaan View Post
oh lord the homestuck RPing. :<

...and yet my own what is on my mind has to do with homestuck. Ironic. I am doing Rose for SacAnime. I have ALL the materials for the Velvet Squiddleknit Dress. I'm just not sure if I have time to do the striped bodice well enough for my tastes because I've got some severe as hell jet lag coming back from Japan! But also thanks to said trip I'm a bit low on cashcashdolladolla to suddenly go out and buy material for the black dress.... decisions, decisions.

I'm thinking I'll just try and bust out the bodice of the Velvet Squiddleknit dress in the next day and if I can't have it done by Monday night I attempt to switch over to Black Dress... what does Coscom think?
dsgjhsvhjtgsjhtvgsjhgdsj at SacAnime!? Dude we need to get pix together.

And... hm! Well try and make it if you can! That seems like a lot of work, since the con is only in a week D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
I had to do some mad RP-ing in advance to make sure I didn't suck as Dave, and then I ruined it by drinking. DON'T DO IT, KIDS.
SHHHH. Drunk Dave sounds funny.

I'm going to be drunk Karkat. This needs to be filmed.

Quote:
Axelai- DANGIT I'm on the other side of the country. T-T
D: Oh noes! Well people always travel out for Yaoi-Con. *hint hint nudge nudge you should totally go*