Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 884 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:05 AM   #42406
OldestAngel

Cosplay.com is having a wig sale, people kept mentioning the sale in this thread, and yeah... It's a really good sale too~
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2011, 03:52 AM   #42407
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Working on my cosplay list, since my friends and I discovered our panel is at the exact time as the showcase pre-judging and thus we won't be able to compete due to lack of time. Also, I got scammed from the person commissioning my Fujin armor...I have no will to cosplay Fujin now, since I can't make armor due to space constraints. SO...fujin is down and because of all the stuff adding up for Kon, not having Angel as a cosplay is good(maybe next year or for Sakura Con, if I can figure out how to get my sword to and from the mainland. (er... mail it to myself ?_?)

But for now...I need to finish Alice by the 30th and Hayato in October. For Alice, I just need to sew on a sleeve, paint the pattern on the fabric (T_T), and find the right stockings. I can totally get this done!

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #42408
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Totally hopped on that wig sale, and at this price if they arrive and are a colour I don't like, I won't feel bad...
but I was dumb and forgot to log in before sending my order, so I didn't get the points. :/ Good job, self!

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #42409
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Hello coscom, it's been awhile XD
I haven't had much time to think about cosplay the last two weeks, I was working my ass off at school and work.
And over the weekend, we held our annual music fest, so I got basically no sleep and was outside working for nearly 24 hours. It was a lot of fun though XD
And then yesterday, a tornado ripped through my neighborhood, so we lost power for a little while >n< but it came back on and our house is perfectly fine.

But now, I have to get it in gear to prepare for AWA.
I have to make my Sam Browne belt, get stockings, gather up items to sell, price 'em all out, work out like a beast... and the list goes on and on =A=
-Momocon 2014
Upcoming Cosplays:
*Mami Tomoe -Puella Magi Madoka Magica
*Daenerys Targaryen -Game of Thrones
Firefly026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #42410
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Sad day. D: I hope you can get back to your apartment soon, and that none of your supplies left behind were damaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
I'm happy your Haunted made it out because having read through your struggles with that guitar, it would've been a crying shame to see such a fine piece of craftsmanship get destroyed. More so, I'm glad to hear that you've come out unharmed.
You guys are the best, I love you. <3

I hope I get back to my place soon, too; even if I’m dropping the Hats project I still have my one major costume to do before Sakura-Con. Provided that I get back and all my vinyl/pleather hasn’t melted. .-. Also, you know, moving around from place to place like a refugee is ridiculous. D: I’ve mostly moved from the hotel into my Aunt’s house now, I’m just eating breakfast at the hotel this morning and checking out and then bussing over.

Haunted is currently living in my aunt’s closet in the bedroom. xD Of all the things I had to take, it was one of the top on the list. Almost didn’t fit in the car, though.

I suppose on the upside, I got the chance to check out the hotel I’ll be staying at for Aki-Con beforehand. o: No oven, so we can’t have a cosplay baking party. At least I know in advance.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #42411
HamburgerStreet

I raided the Monday garbage collection of my neighborhood for salvageable cardboard and metal pieces. My goal, ultimate cosplay weekend. My problem, STORAGE!

I want to keep my stuff in an organized place, but there isn't any room in my bedroom and I can't think of where to put it until this weekend. Everyday i run the risk of coming home and a certain someone has thrown it all away again. T.T
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #42412
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
But now, I have to get it in gear to prepare for AWA.
I have to make my Sam Browne belt, get stockings, gather up items to sell, price 'em all out, work out like a beast... and the list goes on and on =A=
Sam Browne belts are always a pain in the arse. D: Thanks for reminding me I need a new one too, since the one I made was destroyed after Metrocon. AWA IS SO CLOSE OH MAN. I'm excited and dreading it at the same time. The closer it gets, the less time it means I have to get things done! The pressure is on now!

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Unread 09-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #42413
doxiequeen1

Oh wow..I like totally forgot to post about this...

I finished my Sheryl skirt! i'm happy with it (:

But slightly worried about my wig, does Arda normally send out an email when they ship it? It's been over a week and I haven't received shipping confirmation of any sort :/ Is that normal? -has only bought from them in person-

Last edited by doxiequeen1 : 09-06-2011 at 11:36 AM.
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #42414
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
But slightly worried about my wig, does Arda normally send out an email when they ship it? It's been over a week and I haven't received shipping confirmation of any sort :/ Is that normal? -has only bought from them in person-
They emailed me to let me know when something was on backorder, but the email came about a week after I ordered the wig. I don't recall if they actually send out an email when it's shipped though, sorry!

Unread 09-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #42415
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
Oh wow..I like totally forgot to post about this...

I finished my Sheryl skirt! i'm happy with it (:
It's so pretty! 0=. I really like it! ^_^ And yay for Crow Song. XD

So I've figured out that Luka's Leia outfit is pretty much a black dress with a turtleneck. I do have a dress pattern that could work but I would need to add the turtleneck on. The problem is that I really don't want to make this thing from scratch since I'm saving up money for Gakuko. :/ I guess I'll have to hope for a good thrifting search.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #42416
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

So, it would appear that I will be attending another convention this year. I feel lazy so I'll just do angel sanctuary... >_>
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #42417
Axelai
I'm Awesome

SacAnime was beautiful <3

Thats all I have to say.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #42418
Gabbyv23
That one chick

.....really wanna cosplay salad fingers now....
really really really want tooooo... xD

so now I has.... that, and karkat to do....
Gabbyv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #42419
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

First day of school was today, and my gym teacher is awesome, she calls me Lucille (as in grand Guignol orchestra.) now I'm so wearing Lucille to school on Halloween, To show her what I'm talking about. I just need a wig and to finish his songbook and that outfit is done.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #42420
pltshp
i did what i have to do

I wish I could find a decent dress and/or pattern for this. Ugh. I'd like to have it for Kitacon, if anything - gives me plenty of time to learn to sew, if needs be.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote