Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #42496
lovetifa

For me, because I am a Asian, I prefer the Japan’s style but it des not means I do not like America’s. I also like the superman and spiderman in America’s comic. It just because Japan’s are more familiar to me.
lovetifa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #42497
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

I wish I was as dedicated to my cosplays as I am to my plushie making. haha.
BLOG - LINK
mokulen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #42498
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Hey guess what...
I can't decide what version of Len to do. Dx
Default~
Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder (AKA: Hooker!Len)
Love is War
Hnnnngh difficult decisions. ;~; Opinions? Thoughts? Number 2 is only a maybe-parents might not let me go out in it, and I may not have the confidence for it. So...?
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #42499
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Hrmmm. I'm considering retiring my Miku cosplay after Fanime 2012. I'd like to have one good photoshoot with it (in all of its diva fabulousness) and I already planned on hosting the Vocaloid gathering again next year. I love that cosplay to death, but... that's just it. I've loved it to death. It needs a new wig and the outfit is starting to look kinda shabby. ;n; So perhaps it's time to retire it. :'c

Maybe I'll get a new Miku wig for it anyway before Fanime though, because even if I'm retiring the default/diva outfit, I can still possibly reuse the wig if I eventually cosplay her cat outfit from Project Diva. c:

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #42500
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Hrmmm. I'm considering retiring my Miku cosplay after Fanime 2012. I'd like to have one good photoshoot with it (in all of its diva fabulousness) and I already planned on hosting the Vocaloid gathering again next year. I love that cosplay to death, but... that's just it. I've loved it to death. It needs a new wig and the outfit is starting to look kinda shabby. ;n; So perhaps it's time to retire it. :'c

Maybe I'll get a new Miku wig for it anyway before Fanime though, because even if I'm retiring the default/diva outfit, I can still possibly reuse the wig if I eventually cosplay her cat outfit from Project Diva. c:
QAQ Please don't retire poor Miku. I loved your diva version so much~ And I'd love to see it with a shiny new wig and Project Diva outfit. C:
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 09-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #42501
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
QAQ Please don't retire poor Miku. I loved your diva version so much~ And I'd love to see it with a shiny new wig and Project Diva outfit. C:
Aw, you're too kind. ;n; I think in order to keep that outfit from dying though I'll have to try and fix it up a bit somehow... Or let it die in style by bedazzling it before Fanime and then maybe letting it live a bit longer. xD Perhaps bedazzling parts of it would distract from the fabric becoming shabby. >>; I'm really not sure. @-@; I guess it depends on if I'll have the time/money to fix her up during Winter Break.

I kinda wanted to bedazzle parts of it anyway to emphasize the "diva" look a bit more, but hadn't because I lacked the time and was also afraid of ruining the outfit if I ever wanted to cosplay her just as default!Miku. But maybe it'd be a good idea since she's dying either way. xD; Hm.

And I think you should do Love is War!Len. c: If you're worried about the Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder version because of parents/confidence, perhaps you can wait on that one and come back to it later; after all, you'd already have the wig for it! And I vote for Love is War as opposed to default because I haven't seen many of those, so it's always refreshing to see some variety. :3 Not to mention the props; you can go with the megaphone or maybe even make the flag. <3 (I love props xD)

2013 Cosplays
Unread 09-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #42502
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Aw, you're too kind. ;n; I think in order to keep that outfit from dying though I'll have to try and fix it up a bit somehow... Or let it die in style by bedazzling it before Fanime and then maybe letting it live a bit longer. xD Perhaps bedazzling parts of it would distract from the fabric becoming shabby. >>; I'm really not sure. @-@; I guess it depends on if I'll have the time/money to fix her up during Winter Break.

I kinda wanted to bedazzle parts of it anyway to emphasize the "diva" look a bit more, but hadn't because I lacked the time and was also afraid of ruining the outfit if I ever wanted to cosplay her just as default!Miku. But maybe it'd be a good idea since she's dying either way. xD; Hm.

And I think you should do Love is War!Len. c: If you're worried about the Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder version because of parents/confidence, perhaps you can wait on that one and come back to it later; after all, you'd already have the wig for it! And I vote for Love is War as opposed to default because I haven't seen many of those, so it's always refreshing to see some variety. :3 Not to mention the props; you can go with the megaphone or maybe even make the flag. <3 (I love props xD)
Bedazzled Miku would make my life. XDD But yeah, I say, since she's dying, let her die in diva-licious style. P:

And, yes...I'm seeming to do that with a lot of outfits. XDD;; *looks through seperate list* And so do I. *u* I already have something I could use as a flag pole... I might wait and get default after my b-day, or the other way around if I decide to do default first. But I kinda doubt I'll do that until I find/can afford some good shoes...and get some sewing skillz and props skillz to have really good props. Plus, I already have the stockings/shoes to use...
I'll still have to talk it out with my Rin and her mom, though. Dx Since Love is War Rin has a skirt, and this'll be her first convention, and her mom is convinced cons are creeper-central. She might make her wait on that one. >w< (I know, she can wear shorts under it and all, but we've tried to tell her mom that for different outfits and she's convinced it'll do no good Dx)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 09-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #42503
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Bedazzled Miku would make my life. XDD But yeah, I say, since she's dying, let her die in diva-licious style. P:

And, yes...I'm seeming to do that with a lot of outfits. XDD;; *looks through seperate list* And so do I. *u* I already have something I could use as a flag pole... I might wait and get default after my b-day, or the other way around if I decide to do default first. But I kinda doubt I'll do that until I find/can afford some good shoes...and get some sewing skillz and props skillz to have really good props. Plus, I already have the stockings/shoes to use...
I'll still have to talk it out with my Rin and her mom, though. Dx Since Love is War Rin has a skirt, and this'll be her first convention, and her mom is convinced cons are creeper-central. She might make her wait on that one. >w< (I know, she can wear shorts under it and all, but we've tried to tell her mom that for different outfits and she's convinced it'll do no good Dx)
I'll have to look into getting more rhinestones, then. xD I should bedazzle my leek, too... I meant to do that but ran out of time. @-@;

Props are great for photoshoots, they give you so many options to work with. <3 And I totally know where you're coming from with your friend's mom. D: My dad practically freaks out every time I wear a skirt (besides my Sakura cosplay, because that's knee-length) and complains that the skirt is too short even though I ALWAYS wear shorts underneath (even for Sakura). But it's not like I can help it, that's kind of the style nowadays. o_o; I hope your friend's mom lightens up a bit, cause that really sucks. D: At least default is an option for you guys; it would still be really cool since you'd be a duo. :3

Dad won't be happy when he finds out I'm planning on cosplaying Black Rock Shooter... |D;

2013 Cosplays
Unread 09-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #42504
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Wow, I got quite a bit done today. But I got great news.

By the end of tomorrow, my Hanon cosplay will [hopefully] be 100% complete. Mew Berry will not be far behind.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #42505
Vavo Natsumi
Classic Trainwreck

Has anyone ever bought a light lilac unitard? I need one for my Cheza cosplay and I've been search desperately, but I can't find a light one. (I've never seen pictures of the Bal Togs one, so I don't know if it would be too dark.) Can anyone help me?
Vavo Natsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #42506
CardinalWinter

I bought the Sakura wig that was going to be discontinued by The Five Wits. So now I'm deciding what version of her to cosplay. From Cardcaptor Sakura, I was thinking of either doing her cheerleading outfit or a ruffled green dress in an artbook. For the Tsubasa version, I found a design with a cute floral dress with a straw hat. I just have to choose which design. I'm so excited!
Unread 09-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #42507
xIkuna

I'm really nervous about buying a cosplay that I wont need for another 5 months... I really don't want to out grow it or anything, because the measurements or so perfect! -nervous-

Cosplays:
Ino Yamanaka- Naruto Stage Play Live
D.Va- Overwatch
Mistress 9- Sailor Moon

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #42508
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I ordered my Len wig from The Five Wits...no going back now~
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 09-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #42509
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Think of MORE future cosplays xD
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #42510
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

OMG, my wigs are here! O_O. *totally just checked the tracking number* Of course the mailroom thingie is only open from 6-9PM and tomorrow I'm going to the Melting Pot with my friends during that time. T_T. I want my wigs.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote