Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #43426
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
Haha, I wish you luck with that~

Just a note, he seems to like overdone makeup. My costume he filmed at NYAF was awful but he liked the eye makeup. I'm pretty sure that's what he liked about Anya, too. or atleast that's what he recognized me by/comment on xD
haha ok thanks! xD I also heard he really likes wings and big props, so each of my 3 cosplays are going to have big, easily noticable props. also 2 of the 3 i have to paint my skin pure white, which I'd consider "overdone makeup."

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #43427
CardinalWinter

Thanks for the encouragement! To make it more recognizable I think I'm going to make Brief's headphones, and keep with the heart theme Panty and Stocking's angel outfits have. I was thinking of making a one shoulder dress, with a three tiered skirt, with green hearts on the hips and chest.
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #43428
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
haha ok thanks! xD I also heard he really likes wings and big props, so each of my 3 cosplays are going to have big, easily noticable props. also 2 of the 3 i have to paint my skin pure white, which I'd consider "overdone makeup."
Yeah, I would consider that overdone XD

What are the costumes? (if you don't mind me asking.) They sound interesting c:
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #43429
han-pan

Opinions please!!

I am making a Maya Fey costume. I just about finished the over coat, but am unsure about the lining. I know I want to line it, but I can't seem to find a matching lining. Should I go a hair lighter or a hair darker? You can see my progress here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3067393/

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #43430
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
Yeah, I would consider that overdone XD

What are the costumes? (if you don't mind me asking.) They sound interesting c:
I'm doing a femme!Prussia in his "default" blue uniform & cap, with a giant flag and pole as a prop. The other two that require white skin is Teto Kasane in her Eager Love Revenge outfit, and my original Character Battery Bizarre, along with that giant prop she's got.

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #43431
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
I am making a Maya Fey costume. I just about finished the over coat, but am unsure about the lining. I know I want to line it, but I can't seem to find a matching lining. Should I go a hair lighter or a hair darker? You can see my progress here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3067393/
I'd say a hair lighter, with the pale colour underneath.

Finding myself wanting to do non-cosplay sewing -- well, not particularly cosplay, but still not quite normal clothing. This is a weird notion. I guess it's just costumes of a different type?
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #43432
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

My wig from Arda is a little on the thin side, but it'll do until my wig from the Taobao batch arrives.

Also, I think this is the first instance where I've had to adjust a wig to the smallest point for it to fit. ._____.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #43433
MacX
Clay Sculptor

I like costumes that are so easy and somewhat normal, that if u journey to a con via public transit, u don't get all the leers and jeers! xD All my costumes for the most part pass!

In other news I just finished my Jackie Chan Adventures costume! woot http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3067459/ and cant wait to show it off for nYComicCon
MacX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #43434
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Murrrrr. I just want to seewwww. By the way, my mom's really annoying when she wants to attempt to use my serger. >.< And...learn how to sew. Except she doesn't want to look at the pattern directions. >.>
ANYWAY. I'm so mad. I'm having such a hard time finding a good color chiffon for my Halloween faerie costume.
And still no word about my wigs...;_;
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #43435
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
My wig from Arda is a little on the thin side, but it'll do until my wig from the Taobao batch arrives.

Also, I think this is the first instance where I've had to adjust a wig to the smallest point for it to fit. ._____.
Arda's wigs are almost always on the big side. It seems what you have to do is just bobby pin the hell out of them to keep them on your head. At least, that's what I do with the one I have!

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #43436
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ugh. Do I ever wish I'd bought double-width bias tape. Because I have to sew TWO sides of each for a 60" long headband. Which means I need to sew the first 60", then the outside again, and of course the ends... it's taking FOREVER.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #43437
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalWinter View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! To make it more recognizable I think I'm going to make Brief's headphones, and keep with the heart theme Panty and Stocking's angel outfits have. I was thinking of making a one shoulder dress, with a three tiered skirt, with green hearts on the hips and chest.
Can't wait to see it! It sounds so cute! xD Maybe a stupid question, but is your fem!Brief angel going to show her face or is she hiding it in angel form? o.o?
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #43438
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Im pretty excited, i mother will more than likely get me and sister a sewing machine to share (we both cosplay) she can sew by hand and machine but my talent is mainly in the machine. so i majorly excited about it. (I can finish my costumes a little quicker and do more XDDDD)

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #43439
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMURica View Post
Arda's wigs are almost always on the big side. It seems what you have to do is just bobby pin the hell out of them to keep them on your head. At least, that's what I do with the one I have!
Lol and I'll be hopping and dancing around in mine. "otz

I can't find my giant container of Gatsby wax.

fuuuuuuu-
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #43440
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMURica View Post
I noticed this too- it's actually one of the reasons my group really likes Arda - a few of us have big heads. :'D

So my Intro to Crossplaying panel (co-hosted by my awesome MtF bro) was approved for Yaoi Con. Thrilled as hell until I found out I literally have a midterm the day after. D:

So I may have to leave a little early. Still, it's been a while since my last proper con. I need a vacation, even if for a day and a half.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote