Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #44236
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

I ordered a wig from Arda for my Yuki Nagato cosplay! I'm so exciteeeeed.

Unread 10-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #44237
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
So. Scrapped plans for Student Council President!Erza for Sakura-Con.

Instead I'm going with Purgatory Armor Erza. Because I am ridiculous and a glutton for punishment, apparently.

And now I need to get cracking, cos I have a full set of armor to make before Sakura-Con and that's only 5 and a half months away and usually I like to give myself a full 9 months for big projects and man, this is going to be insane. D:
That is amazing. >.< You can do it!

...x.x Only 5 1/2 months left? xD
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #44238
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:

Instead I'm going with Purgatory Armor Erza. Because I am ridiculous and a glutton for punishment, apparently.
Woah. That is amazing. Good luck with it. *waves pompoms* You can do it.

I really wish I brought my sewing scissors to college with me. Even though I can't sew anything I could always cut out the triangles for Gakuko's sleeves.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #44239
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

Quote:
So. Scrapped plans for Student Council President!Erza for Sakura-Con.

And now I need to get cracking, cos I have a full set of armor to make before Sakura-Con and that's only 5 and a half months away and usually I like to give myself a full 9 months for big projects and man, this is going to be insane. D:
10/10 for trying in the first place and good luck!

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #44240
NaughtsApproach

Ive come to the random conclusion that cosplay is like art.
If you sit back and look at your painting, and think "Yes this is ART! Im completely happy with this."....your doing it wrong XD *as said by my Printmaking teacher*

One can not just sit back and look at a picture of their costume*or the costume itself* and think...yes this is perfect...spot on. nothing can be improve. There is always room for improvement. Big or small. And the need for improvement, although painful right after you finish a costume, is a good and needed thing.

lol...that is all. I think the whole art thing is messing me up...to close to graduating...XD

Western CO Cosplay group

:Website:
http://futagocosplay.wix.com/futagocosplay

:FaceBook page:
http://www.facebook.com/WeAreFutagoCosplay

Take a look at our pages!<3
NaughtsApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #44241
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
That is amazing. >.< You can do it!

...x.x Only 5 1/2 months left? xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Woah. That is amazing. Good luck with it. *waves pompoms* You can do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
10/10 for trying in the first place and good luck!

Thanks everyone. <3 It's good to know that someone thinks I can do it. o:

164 days, 13 hours, 3 minutes, 15 seconds until the Party Starts!

I ordered my EVA foam today for the armor, hopefully it comes by next week or so. Also, hopefully the construction guys finish working on my apartment by next week too. D: Because they're still working. And I desperately need them to finish so that I can use the entirety of my living room floor to spread out all my cosplay supplies and WIP pieces.

Because right now it looks a bit like this. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #44242
Riku-Risa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtsApproach View Post
One can not just sit back and look at a picture of their costume*or the costume itself* and think...yes this is perfect...spot on. nothing can be improve. There is always room for improvement. Big or small. And the need for improvement, although painful right after you finish a costume, is a good and needed thing.
I don't agree completely with you here.. when it's about making a costume, you can reach perfection.. no one says it's easy, but if the cosplay looks like the picture, fits the cosplayer, are made of the right materials with no sewing mistakes... then I think the costume would be perfect.. else it would be like saying: "THESE PAIR OF JEANS IS NOT PERFECT! THEY ARE NOT JEANS!!" ... if you get what I mean? xD
I think it's important to take a look at your work sometimes, and try to feel satisfied with your work. if you keep telling yourself that it ain't good enough, it will tear on your selfconfidence.. (oh lulz I sound like my mother now.. XD)
but if you look at your costume, write a list with the things that could be better, and then fix them...... then I guess you've reached perfection? :3

But I dunno.. XD
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #44243
OldestAngel

@LadyAnathema: o.o It takes a long time to put an apartment back together, doesn't it... o.o

It's okay! >:C You'll be able to do it! Even in 164 days.
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #44244
NaughtsApproach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku-Risa View Post
I don't agree completely with you here.. when it's about making a costume, you can reach perfection.. no one says it's easy, but if the cosplay looks like the picture, fits the cosplayer, are made of the right materials with no sewing mistakes... then I think the costume would be perfect.. else it would be like saying: "THESE PAIR OF JEANS IS NOT PERFECT! THEY ARE NOT JEANS!!" ... if you get what I mean? xD
I think it's important to take a look at your work sometimes, and try to feel satisfied with your work. if you keep telling yourself that it ain't good enough, it will tear on your selfconfidence.. (oh lulz I sound like my mother now.. XD)
but if you look at your costume, write a list with the things that could be better, and then fix them...... then I guess you've reached perfection? :3

But I dunno.. XD
lol i wish i could think like that. I think the realization was more personal, and not meant to be followed by everyone. It may be my Studio art background oozing its way in there though. It has tainted my psyche. Then again...i have always, and probably will always strive for absolute perfection *in my mind* on everything i do. It is just a need i have i guess...

Western CO Cosplay group

Unread 10-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #44245
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
@LadyAnathema: o.o It takes a long time to put an apartment back together, doesn't it... o.o

It's okay! >:C You'll be able to do it! Even in 164 days.
Apparently. .-. Lesson: if you sense the person living in the apartment above you is even remotely thinking of pulling a fire sprinkler out of his ceiling, KICK HIM IN THE FACE before he has the chance. Seriously.

In more cosplay related news, my parents came to visit me two days ago! And they said they're going to take the bed from my spare bedroom back to their house with them next time they come up and replace it with a futon. And the rest of the space in the spare bedroom? COSPLAY STATION. So I no longer need to use the entirety of the living room floor to work on everything. o: Going to be amazing~
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #44246
Riku-Risa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtsApproach View Post
lol i wish i could think like that. I think the realization was more personal, and not meant to be followed by everyone. It may be my Studio art background oozing its way in there though. It has tainted my psyche. Then again...i have always, and probably will always strive for absolute perfection *in my mind* on everything i do. It is just a need i have i guess...

I realized that when reading your previous post ^w^ but that was exactly why I wrote my comment.. x3 I'm a perfectionist in a niveau that is so bad that I end up causing myself depressions.. OTL I suck.. D:
But that means I can tell other people what they tell me BD - cause I agree with them, but it is hard to follow that way of thinking when it comes to reality OTL
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #44247
ghosgreen

Did my test fit for my Shadow cosplay. Not bad. Could use shoulder holsters, a cape maybe, repaint the handguns and cut my hair than should be perfect. But other than those little details looks pretty good. Also it's nice to have a costume that's actually looking decent and not halfway finished or pretty far from getting down.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #44248
NaughtsApproach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku-Risa View Post
I realized that when reading your previous post ^w^ but that was exactly why I wrote my comment.. x3 I'm a perfectionist in a niveau that is so bad that I end up causing myself depressions.. OTL I suck.. D:
But that means I can tell other people what they tell me BD - cause I agree with them, but it is hard to follow that way of thinking when it comes to reality OTL
I think that is exactly what is happening XD...perfectly said

on a more lighthearted note...what is on my mind about cosplay...how am i going to pack my princess dresses on a plane?! lol
Huge ass petticoats dont pack well....vacuum packed anyone? *oh god*

Western CO Cosplay group

Unread 10-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #44249
FumikoSan
Shooting Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMURica View Post
That actually sounds like a pretty decent idea! I'll grab some muslin or broadcloth next time I hit up Jo-Anns.
Oh, so it's spelled that way xD Glad I could help =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
I ordered a wig from Arda for my Yuki Nagato cosplay! I'm so exciteeeeed.
Yay! Yuki definitively needs more love ^^ What version are you making? I see we have similar tastes in anime! :3
Waiting List: Mayuri 50% ☆ Yukiko 50% ☆ Nayuki 40% ☆ Haruhi (Ultra Hero) 20%
Planned: Rena
FumikoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #44250
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Watching Persona 4 today just made my urge to cosplay Mari/Mary/Marie even more now. Gahhh. I really don't want to start any work on her until after more information is released about her. I don't want to regret having to do the cosplay.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote