Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1099 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #46546
FumikoSan
Shooting Star

Ok, I'll stop fooling around and get this done. I already made the pattern so this time I'm not gonna fail cutting the fabric! >_< I want to finish this already~ ;_; I hope at least I look good in this ;^; Wish me luck!
Waiting List: Mayuri 50% ☆ Yukiko 50% ☆ Nayuki 40% ☆ Haruhi (Ultra Hero) 20%
Planned: Rena
FumikoSan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #46547
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My friend made a coscom account! ^-^
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #46548
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Currently convincing my friend to cosplay Yuffie along with my other friend who is cosplaying Tifa. Uh...why am I doing this? *personally doesn't care too much about FF 7* Oh well. She had no idea of what to be for AnimeNext this year. I'm helping her. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #46549
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

One final down, one to go!

Cosplay continues to be an excellent motivator.

That and, you know, not failing.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #46550
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I'm in a slump right now so I understand >.> though it just may be the stress of the end of the term effecting me.

My last convention I won an cosplay award but it was definitely thru default, so I had an awkward 'oh well thats great, least I got the prize?' But it really damaged my confidence along with what someone shouted at me (i.e "You look like a crossplaying man!") so now I just don't want to cosplay as my gender nor do I think what I make looks 'good'.

I mean I still want to make my cosplays and I think they look okay but I've crossed out the cosplays of my own gender and am only making one that I know I can do. (Angel from Ao no Exorcist, making a coat is not that hard and collar though detailed isn't that hard >.>)

Sorry for the venting...

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #46551
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Pft I can't see how anyone CAN'T be serious about dressing up as cartoon characters... tsk
THATS WHAT I'M SAYING!! pffft

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Legend Of Zelda: Femme Link
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #46552
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I'm in a slump right now so I understand >.> though it just may be the stress of the end of the term effecting me.

My last convention I won an cosplay award but it was definitely thru default, so I had an awkward 'oh well thats great, least I got the prize?' But it really damaged my confidence along with what someone shouted at me (i.e "You look like a crossplaying man!") so now I just don't want to cosplay as my gender nor do I think what I make looks 'good'.

I mean I still want to make my cosplays and I think they look okay but I've crossed out the cosplays of my own gender and am only making one that I know I can do. (Angel from Ao no Exorcist, making a coat is not that hard and collar though detailed isn't that hard >.>)

Sorry for the venting...
Cosplay what you want. Haters gonna hate.
You're beautiful. I know it's hard, but try to not let it get to you.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #46553
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinna View Post
So my friend is a big Zelda buff and has been trying to convince me to cosplay from Skyward Sword for her. Originally I agreed to do Impa, because she's a BAMF and her costume is awesome... but lace front wig ugh, do not want. So today I finally decided that I wanted to cosplay Fi after all and I gotta admit half the reason I changed my mind is so I wouldn't have to buy another wig. XD
I have to admit, the first time I saw her design I was a bit put off...But it's such a pretty costume/awesome character so I couldn't resist XD On the other hand there's Girahem that a friend of mine wants to do...

What's a lace front wig? One with no bangs at the front? that's the only thing I can think of
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #46554
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina006 View Post
What's a lace front wig? One with no bangs at the front? that's the only thing I can think of
One with no bangs in the front, and there's a thin piece of mesh that has hair hand-tied to it to give a realistic hairline.
One of my jobs here at school was detangling lace fronts and sorting them by color. They're evil, but look absolutely utterly fantastic.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #46555
sploosh

UH OH GUYS

I'm loving the costume possibilities of Skyward Sword. There haven't been many good new designs in a while in that series.
sploosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #46556
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

I might actually be doing Ryoko in June, thanks be to the Maker for Arda and their fantastic sale.

I'm excited. I've been sneaking around Joann's when I go for demos, and looking through the spandex for Midna. I still have to figure out her hair... I don't really want to get a wig for it.
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #46557
nannyogg
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post

Sorry for the venting...
Ouch I am sad that you're going through this... don't let the words of one unthinking idiot get you down; you're lovely and you should play what YOU want. I poked through your photos and I don't see any problem with your costuming, either... we're all our own worst critic on that, perhaps? I hope you'll feel better after the term is done and you've had some time to sleep on it and realize that one (or even a few) rude comment(s) don't define you and you deserve to stand proud and shine in what you want to do.
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #46558
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
I need to do a lot less cosplay and a lot more finals.
Seconded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sploosh View Post

UH OH GUYS
I saw that when the images were first released. I freaking ADORE the design and I want to cosplay it so bad. ;______;
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #46559
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
My friend made a coscom account! ^-^
So did mine! After I forced her >=D
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #46560
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hmmm, I wonder if I could make a little hanging rack to hang a bunch of Xmas ornament balls to dry on after being painted. I used an old banana-hanger for drying one at a time, but I essentially have to throw my brushes out after I use them and they dry out (I'm just using cheap brushes, and a can of turpentine costs more than several packs of them). Which is still kind of a waste, compared to if I could get four or five done at once so I'd only use a max. of thre brushes for the colour.

...so what could one make it out of, from junk you can just find in the house?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote