Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #47296
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
I tried on what I have of my Madoka cosplay so far today and I'm really happy with it!!

The wig was actually a different colour than the one I ordered but I actually prefer this colour so I'm happy with it!!

I just need the socks and to make the soul gem now but I took a few photos which I'll upload soon
What a coincidence! I'm planning a Homura Akemi cosplay XD
May I add a piece of advice? *try to smile more!! Use your teeth!! XD I need to follow this advice too though...*
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #47297
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraCosplayHai View Post
You looks so awesome! So cute ^^
Aw, thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Holy crap I didn't recognize your new avatar! You look great!

(Sorry for the double post I just wanted to say that seperatley.)
Ahaha, thank you! I felt like I needed a new avatar so why not my new Madoka cosplay? Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina006 View Post
What a coincidence! I'm planning a Homura Akemi cosplay XD
May I add a piece of advice? *try to smile more!! Use your teeth!! XD I need to follow this advice too though...*
Hehe, really?? Good luck with it, I can't wait to see!
And ahaha I try. I do try to smile with my teeth sometimes but it usually just looks awful >< I think that not everyone can pull of smiling with their teeth and I'm probably one of those people.
I do occasionally smile with my teeth though, but only occasionally for characters like John from Homestuck where I find it most fitting. (Here's an example, as you can see it doesn't suit me well and it just looks silly but that's okay for John because he's often a silly character)

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi

Last edited by ToroSonyCat : 12-26-2011 at 04:17 PM.
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #47298
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

I made a WorldCosplay account too. I'm a sucker for networking sites.

http://worldcosplay.net/member/817/

Also, with the profile picture, you have to drag and select a square and crop it. It wants a square image so if you don't crop it, it won't work.
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012

Last edited by tunesonatuesday : 12-26-2011 at 04:40 PM.
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #47299
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I just found out you can have fabric custom printed. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. There is hope yet for an accurate Abbey Bominable! 8D (if it's less than $100 for three yards @_@)
Unread 12-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #47300
Anmanda

I started working on a Kanaya cosplay today,this version, and well, I was thinking of doing Eridan, but now it seems like I ended up choosing Kanaya instead. Not that I mind, that dress is so pretty~
Here are some pics of the horns (scroll down a little), they kinda are just a test pair, so feedback would be appreciated *u*
Unread 12-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #47301
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Quote:
Hehe, really?? Good luck with it, I can't wait to see!
And ahaha I try. I do try to smile with my teeth sometimes but it usually just looks awful >< I think that not everyone can pull of smiling with their teeth and I'm probably one of those people.
I do occasionally smile with my teeth though, but only occasionally for characters like John from Homestuck where I find it most fitting. (Here's an example, as you can see it doesn't suit me well and it just looks silly but that's okay for John because he's often a silly character)
Aw It's okay >< I don't think I can pull off smiling with my teeth either. But that's okay because you make a really good Madoka anyways : ) To be honest I was going to go for Madoka but her outfit is so PINK.
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #47302
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
I just found out you can have fabric custom printed. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. There is hope yet for an accurate Abbey Bominable! 8D (if it's less than $100 for three yards @_@)
Wait, custom-printed fabric? Really?
Sounds like a dream. I don't need very much of the harlequin-print I've been searching for for AGES. Where can you get that done?

Also I should not be allowed to spend this much time with my girlfriend. We now want to do ALL OF THE COUPLE COSPLAYS.
Unread 12-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #47303
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMURica View Post
Wait, custom-printed fabric? Really?
Sounds like a dream. I don't need very much of the harlequin-print I've been searching for for AGES. Where can you get that done?
Ikr?! I did a quick Google search and found a couple places (one in NYC, one in NC, and one...somewhere else). It does turn out to be pretty expensive if you're ordering more than a yard -sadface-

But! I've had another thought: maybe I can email Mattel and see if I can wheedle my way into buying a couple yards of the fabric they use for the actual doll. I can sew in the white knit parts myself, it's just the stained glass looking part that's going to be the toughest to match.

Edit: Another thought! I can actually make the triangle pattern in Paint, then see how I can add in the colors. Then I can upload the image to one of those sites and see how it would look on fabric. Just emailed Mattel about buying some of theirs, so if I get an "lolNO" reply, I've got another option to try. I'm getting way too excited about this costume that I may not even finish in the coming year xD

Last edited by Stormraven24 : 12-26-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #47304
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina006 View Post
Aw It's okay >< I don't think I can pull off smiling with my teeth either. But that's okay because you make a really good Madoka anyways : ) To be honest I was going to go for Madoka but her outfit is so PINK.
Awww, looking at your pictures, I think you pull off smiling with your teeth well!! and ahaha honestly, I really really love Madoka's design because it is so pink.
And so girly in general, I really needed that after all of the crossplays I've been doing which are fun too but it's nice to be girly sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmanda View Post
I started working on a Kanaya cosplay today,this version, and well, I was thinking of doing Eridan, but now it seems like I ended up choosing Kanaya instead. Not that I mind, that dress is so pretty~
Here are some pics of the horns (scroll down a little), they kinda are just a test pair, so feedback would be appreciated *u*
Aaaah, looks awesome so far!! I can't wait to see! *_*
Your horns look so perfect, please teach me your secrets :0 (I'm kind of terrible with horns... ;____; I need to re-make my Eridan horns and improve them )

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #47305
Anmanda

Quote:
Aaaah, looks awesome so far!! I can't wait to see! *_*
Your horns look so perfect, please teach me your secrets :0 (I'm kind of terrible with horns... ;____; I need to re-make my Eridan horns and improve them )
Thank you, I'm glad you like them! ;u;

Haha I didn't doo anything special really, I just took some clay and shaped them, and then I sanded them smooth *____* I think your Eridan horns are adorable! Plus, I tried making an Eridan horn just for fun, and it was waaaay harder than the Kanaya ones, his horns are so weird and big and everything, gah.. But if you want to make an attempt on remaking them, the only tip I'd be able to give to you would be to rather make them too big/thick in the beginning and sand off the extra clay,I did that in a few places for the ones I made :3
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #47306
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmanda View Post
Thank you, I'm glad you like them! ;u;

Haha I didn't doo anything special really, I just took some clay and shaped them, and then I sanded them smooth *____* I think your Eridan horns are adorable! Plus, I tried making an Eridan horn just for fun, and it was waaaay harder than the Kanaya ones, his horns are so weird and big and everything, gah.. But if you want to make an attempt on remaking them, the only tip I'd be able to give to you would be to rather make them too big/thick in the beginning and sand off the extra clay,I did that in a few places for the ones I made :3
Ahaha well that's pretty much what I did but mine didn't turn out so well, even after sanding and using filler on them... >< Hopefully my next ones will be better!
and thank you but I'm hoping to improve the shape next time and maybe make them so that they face backwards with the hair a little more rather than face straight up. (This was a tip that I recieved from another Eridan cosplayer who was really awesome ^^ )

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Unread 12-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #47307
Anmanda

Quote:
Ahaha well that's pretty much what I did but mine didn't turn out so well, even after sanding and using filler on them... >< Hopefully my next ones will be better!
and thank you but I'm hoping to improve the shape next time and maybe make them so that they face backwards with the hair a little more rather than face straight up. (This was a tip that I recieved from another Eridan cosplayer who was really awesome ^^ )
Yeah I suppose that is the most basic technique there is to horn making xD But the sanding really made a difference in my case. That sounds like a good idea, I know many people think of his horns being faced a little backwards, myself included, but the way Homestuck is drawn it can be really hard to tell how Hussie intended them to be o____o But I wish you all the luck with your horn making, practice makes perfect! ^^
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #47308
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Okay, I'm seriously for reals going to start again on this dress. I want to wear it so bad, but the top is giving me such a freakin' headache. Maybe after our company leaves tomorrow I can get my mom to help me one more time with the mock up and finalize the fit and everything. -sigh- Here's hoping. I really want this thing done before May so I can wear it to the Avengers premiere. -sigh again-
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #47309
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I finally have everything but one piece either ordered or bought and here for my secret cosplay! I'm soooooo excited. I can't wait for everything to arrive in the mail so I can start working on her! Squeeee!

2016 Plans: MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #47310
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

I'm such a complete slacker, especially when it comes to cosplay. I have friends that have grown so much with their costuming and sewing skills, and yet I don't feel as if I have advanced much really at all.

This is entirely because I am a full time college student, with a masochistic streak because I'm duel-majoring. (haha) I've just been doing cosplay as a side hobby for fun, and as a method to kick back and enjoy some nerding out time with my friends at cons. I was considering retiring from cosplay once I graduate, because I'm going to be going on to Law school in a couple of years, and I'm just not sure if I'm going to have the time. =/

But...seeing everyone on here and some of the fantastic showcase costumes too have kind of made me want to reconsider my retirement...lol.

*le sigh!* Oh the dilemma!! ;D

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2016 Conventions:
Momocon
Dragon*Con
AWA
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote