Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1177 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #47431
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
This was made out of jewelry sculpy, and the cosplayer, aicosu, said that it was also really light-weight as well! But, good luck!
Cool! I'll definitely have to try it out, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
@-@ No where else between there and Idaho? I guess the internet would also be out, since you want to see it firsthand. Well, I hope you're able to find the best fur out there for San! Especially since you've put this much effort in so far.

...Coscom, why are you so distracting? o.o
Oh, I haven't checked Spokane's fabric stores yet. Thanks for reminding me. xD I figured Seattle would probably have a larger variety to pick from, also, in comparison to Spokane and my town.
I really hope so, too. I want this costume to turn out well, lol! Thank you for the encouragement!
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #47432
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Totally said I would finish that sword today.

Instead I adopted a cat. :3

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #47433
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Oh, I haven't checked Spokane's fabric stores yet. Thanks for reminding me. xD I figured Seattle would probably have a larger variety to pick from, also, in comparison to Spokane and my town.
I really hope so, too. I want this costume to turn out well, lol! Thank you for the encouragement!
xD Hopefully you don't have to search each one. Seattle probably does, though I'm not as familiar with fabric stores in Seattle itself... so I really have no idea. @-@
You're welcome~
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #47434
Marisuhsah
Now what?

Ergh trying to figure out how to make a wig that resembles Rufio's hair but can also hold massive horns for my Summoner cosplay... I don't want to think about it.

Future Cons:
Megacon 2012
KhaoticKon 2012
Otakon 2012

Cosplays in Progress:
Secret Cosplay 1 - 90%
Dirk Strider - 45%
Trickster!Dave - 15%
Marisuhsah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #47435
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Dang it. I was sewing on the triangles on my Gakuko sleeves and I realized I cut out way too many triangles than I need. I'm going to have a ton left over. Looks like I'm going to need another cosplay that requires magenta triangles.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 12:10 AM   #47436
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Still stalking ebay like a clingy ex-boyfriend.
That white blazer WILL be mine.

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #47437
Emi
want some pins with that?

Why don't any Joanne's around me have light blue twill? They have 5 different dark blues, but no light blue! I will never get to sew this blazer. D:

[Next Cons]: AWA // Holiday Matsuri

[Progress]

Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu School Uniform) - 90%
Kida Masaomi (Yellow Scarves) - 10%

tumblr
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #47438
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Do any of you have an idea of what I could use a short black dress with white lace trim for...?
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:12 AM   #47439
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Do any of you have an idea of what I could use a short black dress with white lace trim for...?
Magnet and maybe Acute cosplay? There's also a fan art of Sheryl and Ranka from pixiv that was floating around tumblr for a while of them in black dresses for the song "Tablet."
Or, maybe you could use the dress for a fashion shoot.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #47440
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I'm seriously thinking of creating Tumblrs for each cosplay I'm working on as build diaries. I've got a general cosplay blog (see siggy), but I don't want to simply put a couple of sentences up on the blog if that's all I have to write. I almost feel like that'd be overdoing it. But then again I've seen plenty of people who have blogs devoted to just one cosplay and have multiple of those. Also it would allow me to keep track of my progress on my secret cosplay without everyone seeing it. Hmmm.....

Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #47441
Ciarathallya
Ragnacrack Cosplay Addict

Working on my 2012 convention budget spreadsheet to figure out all my expenses in the upcoming year. Yeah. That's how I afford this stuff.
Unread 12-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #47442
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee_Frye View Post
I'm seriously thinking of creating Tumblrs for each cosplay I'm working on as build diaries. I've got a general cosplay blog (see siggy), but I don't want to simply put a couple of sentences up on the blog if that's all I have to write. I almost feel like that'd be overdoing it. But then again I've seen plenty of people who have blogs devoted to just one cosplay and have multiple of those. Also it would allow me to keep track of my progress on my secret cosplay without everyone seeing it. Hmmm.....
What? People have separated blogs for each cosplay they do? No offense but that is pretty sad, there would be only so much you could write about in terms of each and every cosplay. Maybe having two separate blogs for cosplay and one for your personal blog is different. But if you want to sort out your cosplay mentionings, place them in a category such as sci-fi, magical girl, action or even categorize it in terms of the series. But for every costume, that's a bit much. Clumping them into different categories is much better and manageable, you won't have so much to deal with.

If others have just one blog devoted to a certain cosplay, that's probably because it's extremely popular and they're a well known cosplayer. Otherwise, it'd be the case of over doing it and writing a few sentences regarding said separate cosplay. Of course this is entirely my opinion, I have one blog for everything and suits me just fine.

But that's what Facebook, Coscom, Curecos, ACP, etc is there for, to distribute your cosplays about.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #47443
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Well looking for Blue and White stripped fabric didn't go completely as plannedXP I checked Joanns and Hancocks (Next is either Walmart)(0.o) or Ebay(;w; ) anybody have any other site or place they use for fabric?

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #47444
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Decided to Be Hatori from Fruits Basket for my Cosplay Group's Christmas/New Years party, since 2012 is Year of the Dragon.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #47445
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I did the New Years Cosplay Meme and realised how many cosplays I'd like to do next year and how I probably can't fit them all in.. ><

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote