Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1523 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #47836
Alyxiane
Turn around. Turn around.

Fanime registration is up! All that means is GET MY BUTT NEXT TO MY SEWING MACHINE AND START WORKING. I'll just get someone to commission the duster top and arm warmers (I'm scared of ruining the knit nuuu). Also mother plans to do spring cleaning on her old shoes. Time to find some that I can possibly convert them for a future cosplay.

^__^
Don't mind my noobness. OTL
Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #47837
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Taking a mini-hiatus from cosplay.

I've been so preoccupied with other things to the point that cosplay has barely been on my mind. For example, I had recently moved to a new place and I didn't even realize until a month later that I had not unpacked any cosplay items! Plus I have bigger issues I've been worrying about and nearly no time to spare from school and other things. And to be honest I'm not actually caring that I haven't been able to work on anything.

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #47838
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I just realized my Genesis wig works for Touma from idolm@ster... I'll cosplay Takane when I have more money for wigs.
Yay Touma! ^_^

I got a ton of stuff for cosplay yesterday. I was able to find a dark pink pleated skirt for Rolling Girl Gumi and I got the shoes for Yuzu and I grabbed a shirt to cut up for Archer's outfit. When I went to Fabricland I bought all of their bias tape so finally I can get back to work on Gakuko. Unfortunately it still looks like I have to go to Jo-Anns after all to get more of the magenta fabric. :/

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #47839
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I...really want to work on cosplays but I'm so busy! And I can't wait until next weekend when I'm with my dad. He said one of my Christmas presents arrived. I think it's a bunch of tutu making stuff!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #47840
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Because winter quarter starts on Monday, I have today to finish everything for SacAnime. Good. Lord.

Pouring coffee right now. LET'S DO THIS.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime (possibly Kraken Con and other small local things?)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #47841
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Working on Perona > Having a life and seeing friends
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #47842
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm listening to the CD that came with Skyward Sword.
The music is beautiful, and I would really like to do a dance to music from it. But I can't do that unless it's a skit at masquerade, and then people would just hate on me because it'd be just "another dance skit" but it's so pretty and makes me want to dance.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #47843
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Apparently I am the love child between Yuna and Ashe...and now I wanna cosplay one of them >.>
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #47844
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

WWWHHYYYYYYYYY do I keep insisting on handsewing trims on this costume? It's taking FOREVER. I have to handsew the trim onto the serafuku collar, annnnnd because it's backstitching down EACH side of the two rows of trim, I have along the lines of eight metres to cover with my needle and thread. And still another metre to finish on the headband. I timed myself, and I can sew about 12 inches in an hour. So I have at least another 24 or 25 hours before I'll be done sewing all that crap on. And I still have to handsew the scarf, make the skirt with its line of decorative stitching along the bottom, hand-embroider the tie-ring and crest and sew them to the top, style the wig, a few other piddly fiddly things, and then in about a month, start on a new pair of costumes for my boyfriend and I. And I'll be visiting my boyfriend from January 12 to 27th and unable to sew anything. And INCLUDING the time I'll be away, I've got 50 days to finish this costume. X_X

Yeesh. I could be done the top by now if I didn't insist on handsewing the trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 01-07-2012 at 12:49 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #47845
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D

So, I can finally work on the damn tank top for Yuffie....but now I can't order the shoes I want because the sizing confuses me! My mom says a size 36 in European sizes is a size 6 in the US, but the store says that a size 36 is 5 to a 5.5, and that a size 37 is a 6 to 6.5..but my mom thinks the size 37 will be too big, and she doesn't want me tripping in them..but she thinks that the 36 is a size too small..even though my normal Converse are 36.5..argh! DX Now I have to find new shoes...and those shoes were pretty freaking perfect...TT3TT
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #47846
Quinn the Shiki
Please Hug Ricky Gracely

I was interested in cosplaying from the book I'm currently reading since the descriptions of him are very detailed and he sounds...Pretty. (cosplayong Pretty and/or feminine guys is kinda my thing) I just wasn't so sure what his uniform looks like...then I remembered the book was adapted into a comic book briefly. Hello character design!
Weirdmageddon!Wendy-Gravity Falls, Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Oswald Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Kirara Amanogawa-Go! Princess Precure, Mami Tomoe (Charlotte Hoodie)-Madoka Magica, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #47847
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobuWind View Post
So, I can finally work on the damn tank top for Yuffie....but now I can't order the shoes I want because the sizing confuses me! My mom says a size 36 in European sizes is a size 6 in the US, but the store says that a size 36 is 5 to a 5.5, and that a size 37 is a 6 to 6.5..but my mom thinks the size 37 will be too big, and she doesn't want me tripping in them..but she thinks that the 36 is a size too small..even though my normal Converse are 36.5..argh! DX Now I have to find new shoes...and those shoes were pretty freaking perfect...TT3TT
The best thing to do is measure your actual shoe size in cm and convert (as it says at the top of the page, Japanese shoe sizes are literally just the size in cm); http://www.dancesport.uk.com/shoes/conchart.htm

You can find instructions for measuring your foot here; http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/ss/measurefeet.htm

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.

Last edited by BisectedBrioche : 01-07-2012 at 01:37 PM.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #47848
Kiichigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Why, cuz BOOBS, BOOBS EVERYWHERE?
More like "closet cosplay LxLight cosplay from Death Note pictures taking in the cosplayer's bedroom" - by a cosplayer who had even gotten a DD. The cosplay she got the DD for was actually pretty good, I was just disappointed in the rest of her gallery not having the same standard. But we all have our slighty less lucky pictures - I sure know I have

I am still sooo frustrated I can't find anything I want to cosplay! So I have promised myself to start watching some new anime. In the last 6-12 months I have only watched ONE new series, so of course I was running low on inspiration. So far, I am on ep 1 of Tiger&Bunny.
I wish I was more of a gamer because games have the best character designs. Seriously they are gorgeus. But that would include having to buy a memorycard for my ps2 <.<
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #47849
Merides
Now with cosplay ADD

I'm worried about making my Medusa from Soul Eater. I've got some gorgeous fabric (black with a shiny snakeskin pattern when the light hits it), but that wig is going to be my nightmare.
Onicon, Ikkicon

Wip cosplays:
TOO. MANY. COSPLAYS.
Newest: Tanyuu from Mushishi

Merides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #47850
Anmanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobuWind View Post
Damn that sucks, you really should go for those if they are perfect! I'll try giving you some info on the European vs US sizing, maybe you can convince your mom later if you have some more info~
Firstly, I second the measuring your foot thing, that's what I do when I buy shoes that are sized in US sizes, but as we use the European sizes where I live I could throw in my two cents on the matter. A US 6 doesn't equal a European 36 to the millimeter. I'd personally suggest going with a 37 to be sure you'll get your foot into them. And the European Converse shoe sizes are kinda weird, a 36.5 sized Converse is more like a 37 really, my sister has a pair of Converse that are 36, the shoe size I usually have, and they're a little too big for me.
And if the shoes you order end up being a little too big, the difference will not be big enough to make you trip, it might be a little uncomfy, but not as uncomfy as wearing too small shoes.
I'm no expert however, I just based this on my own experience of the different kinds of sizes. And when it comes down to it, all shoes are different, even though they are labeled as the same size. If the shoes you want are heels though, I suggest going for a 36, because having heels that are too big hurts more than having heels that are too small, no matter how crazy that might sound.

Last edited by Anmanda : 01-07-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Anmanda is offline   Reply With Quote