Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1110 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #48061
myalchod
reflections and dreams

I hate silk chiffon. I mean, I love how it feels and how it drapes and how soft and pretty it looks ... but it's such a pain to work with.

This message brought to you by the approximately four inches of hand-hemming I got done over my 15-minute break. >_<
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #48062
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
I think they wanted to make them a color that would also match her magical girl outfit, so a color like yellow probably wouldn't have worked. Although I personally don't know why they could've used red, which would've matched both the bow on her school uniform and the red in her magical girl outfit. /shrug
That's true. Red probably would've worked better, but maybe it was supposed to "match" in being pink? I'm not sure, just blatantly speculating at this point.

In cosplay-related news, I left my paper mache out to dry all night and it's still not completely done. I'll let it sit for a few more hours, then it's time for even more layers before I spraypaint it.

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #48063
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Aaah, I'm kind of having wig doubts again :/ I really like my Madoka wig because it's such nice quality and just a really nice wig in general but it should probably be a lighter pink? So I'm considering getting a lighter one but that one might not be such good quality (this one is really good quality!) or might not suit me or something and auugh I don't wanna be wasting money but I'm not really sure if I'm happy with it :/

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #48064
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I worked on Bridget's top last night... one sleeve left oh and I need to do the ribbon bow part since it apparently got lost in my mom's closet.

Also, I've revised me plans for Ovan. I got confused by the concept art >.> lol hopefully it doesn't turn out to odd looking from the back with the pvc pipe being there for the Tri edge thing that comes out of his shoulder.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #48065
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMURica View Post
That's true. Red probably would've worked better, but maybe it was supposed to "match" in being pink? I'm not sure, just blatantly speculating at this point.
Well, it could also be that they wanted to make pink her signature color (outfit, Soul Gem color, etc) and thus went with pink ribbons, especially considering Kyoko's signature color would be red. But who knows?

Yay! My teal rhinestones from my mom are here. My black ones should be arriving soon too, plus a MLP calendar. xD Course, that last one's not cosplay related.

I have been considering cosplaying as Pinkie though, since I've recently taken up baking sweets in my (rare) spare time, starting with cupcakes (my first homemade ones for Christmas were chocolate with peppermint buttercream frosting; yum!) And I've also been doodling some ideas for pony cupcakes (ex. Apple strudel cupcake with caramel buttercream frosting for Applejack). I think it'd be fun to cosplay as her and bring said pony cupcakes to a gathering or something. xD

Gosh, make the cosplay ideas stop; I need to save my money for goodness sake!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #48066
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Dad is giving me part of my Birthday money tomorrow so I can put it on my bank account so I can order the shoes and the accessories for my Eternal Sailor Moon cosplay C:
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #48067
ringoiero360
Exactly

I got a friend to cosplay Fuzukigami to go with my Houzukigami cosplay. Although it's planned for later this year, i'm so excited to be able to do a pair cosplay!! ^o^
Unread 01-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #48068
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

I want to cosplay as Kina for AX but THAT PUMPKIN SHAPE HAIR!!DX

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #48069
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

So I just spent $200 on the Zelda 3DS.

Now I need to make more money so that I can still cosplay. I need wigs and fabric! It kinda sucks that most of the fabric that I need is.....just never sold at Joann Fabrics. Although I can still look. > gift cards and coupons....they're life savers.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #48070
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Did a ton of stuff today. Went to Jo-Anns and got everything I needed to finally finish up Gakuko and Rin. And then I covered Minako's naginata blade in paper mache. Unfortunately it still isn't dry in some places so no spray painting it yet. And I finished all three skirts for mine and my friends' exorcist cosplays. The pleats look so much nicer this time too. *is very proud* ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #48071
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

NO! I will not dissect this painting for the sake of making notes for future cosplay! NO! I REFUSE! I PROTEST!!!

-continues jotting down notes of patterns to alter and possible fabric choices and places to buy/commission a dragon-
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #48072
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Ordered my Yuna earring using my ebay bucks~ I should order my necklace sometime soon too. My friend is gonna make me my staff, so yay.

I can also eventually use the staff for Black Mage Rikku too so might add that to my future cosplays. Probably can just make the skirt slightly longer to suit me. I like the large witch hat so that will probably help with me making it. lol

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #48073
CardinalWinter

I bought the fabric I'm using for Stocking's skirt. I'm probably going to have to order the most accurate fabric for Panty I could find over Amazon. Does anyone else know where to buy green and red plaid fabric? I also got that shorts pattern I so desperately needed.
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #48074
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I've secured my lodgings for AX.

Time to start thinking about what cosplay I want to bring with me. At least, if I can get the time off from work to go.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #48075
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoiero360 View Post
I got a friend to cosplay Fuzukigami to go with my Houzukigami cosplay. Although it's planned for later this year, i'm so excited to be able to do a pair cosplay!! ^o^
Yay! Natsume's Book of Friend's cosplay~ I love the outfits for Fuzukigami and Houzukigami~

On a cosplay note: It's a 3-day weekend! Maybe I'll even have time to work on cosplay~ Homework has been eating all of my free time in the past week, but maybe I'll manage to stem the tide for a while and do fun things, like make my jet-pack. :'D
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote