Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #48106
Curucar

Groupon, I love you. I just got a wig+wig cap, and various Ben Nye makeup thingies for $28. My Cosmo cosplay is officially a GO, and the Ben Nye makeup will provide a neat and tidy way to get dirty and bloody for steampunk.

Unread 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #48107
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D

Ordered my shoes! My mom gave me the okay to order the ones I originally wanted! But I can't paint the sole the right color...oh well. Now i'm off to sew the headband and finish the tank top! ^_^
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #48108
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Oh my gosh, I found a site that sells body lotions and whatnot that smell like sweets. I can now end my search for a way to make my Chocolat cosplay smell like chocolate. ;u;

But oh man, looking at the pictures makes me hungry. xD;
Oh man. I really wanna do YumePati cosplays.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #48109
xIkuna

I really wish I would have discovered Homestuck like, 4 months ago! I so want to cosplay from it, but alas I have no money for it.... ;A;

Cosplays:
Ino Yamanaka- Naruto Stage Play Live
D.Va- Overwatch
Mistress 9- Sailor Moon

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #48110
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

NUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! I'm so sad right now. My next costume is going to be another one of Chii's (Chobits) dresses, and I was so excited, because I just happen to have enough left over material from 2 other costumes, to make this one. All I had to do was go buy some bias tape, and that was it!

Then, I busted out my material, sat down, made the skirt, and it some how ended up being about 2-3 inches too short ... and my butt shows T_______T HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! I've made probably 1587304975 skirts, and I NEVER DO THIS. Now, not only am I having to wait to work on this costume (because I also noticed that when I was cutting out the skirt, I made a big slit through some material that wasn't suppose to be cut), but now I have to go out and buy more material. I'm pretty much broke atm, so that'll be a while. Plus, in my sulking, I was sitting down thinking if this was even the way I wanted to make this costume, and ended up coming up with a much easier way of making the costume (though sadly still more complicated than I had originally thought it to be), but it's gonna require more material than originally planned, which means even more money ... that I don't have DX

I really hate when omgcheapandeasy costumes turn into somewhatexpensiveandnotsoeasy costumes T__________T

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #48111
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

This Kimono pattern is complete rubbish! -- no wonder it was on sale for 2$. Doesn't work..nothing lines up..and the measurements are wack@!! AUGH!

What a waste of three hours of my life. I'm just going to draft my own pattern.
BLOG - LINK
mokulen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #48112
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I can't wait for Halloween! Today my best friend said she's finally going to do Sailor Moon. She's a huge fan and has been wanting to do it for years. Also she's got a Tuxedo Mask to go with her. Me! Once my refund check gets here I'm going to finally be able to buy everything and get my Female Tuxedo Mask done! I'm excited to have someone to go with. It's going to be so much fun!

2016 Plans: MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #48113
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I only have ONE THING left to do on this costume, and then IT'S DONE!

So why in the hell can I not bring myself to do it?! DX
I know the feeling. I just need to wash a cami and paint a design on the front for Ohayocon at the end of the month. I just can't seem to get it done!

2016 Plans: MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #48114
jaylo

Hazama/Blaze Blue Costume Patterns?

Looking to make a costume, where can I get a pattern for this?
jaylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #48115
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Yayayay! I now have really pretty colors of netting for two tutus! I have teal and white for a winter tutu and pink for my Princess Tutu tutu! And I have really really pretty appliques for my winter tutu! I'm so excited!
But I'm gonna go play Skyward Sword until I fall asleep now. XD
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #48116
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I really hate when omgcheapandeasy costumes turn into somewhatexpensiveandnotsoeasy costumes T__________T
I hate that too! That was how Barnaby Brooks Jr. from Tiger and Bunny was for me. I thought about him, for me, all that was going to really break the bank was the jacket. Then there were problems with the necklace, and the boots, and the wig... buh.
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #48117
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

I think my penguindrum hat is taunting me. It's been harder than I expected to get some of the materials and I'm starting to doubt you can actually really replicate the shape of it in real life. >.< Will work on it a bit more tomorrow but then I'll probably put it aside for a few days to work on something else, might be a good thing for me.....
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #48118
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Oh my gosh, I found a site that sells body lotions and whatnot that smell like sweets. I can now end my search for a way to make my Chocolat cosplay smell like chocolate. ;u;

But oh man, looking at the pictures makes me hungry. xD;
I'm really sad they don't have a Waffle Cone scent. I lovelovelove the smell of fresh waffle cones and I've been wanting a fragrance of it since like, August 2010.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #48119
AlbertRotten
I take pictures and stuff

Still debating whether or not I should go to Katsucon this year. Last year was the first time I cosplayed at a con and I looked pretty terrible. Now I've lost a significant amount of weight and I've saved up enough to buy a decent looking costume.

The problem is I'm still in the process of losing weight. I'm 5'3" and right now I'm 124 - 125 lbs. I still have a bulge of fat in my stomach region that I'm trying to get rid of. So I'm kinda weary about spending a bunch of money on a costume, then losing more weight and the costume ends up being too big. This is actually what happpened with a bunch of new clothes that I bought since I started losing weight, all of them are now too big for me to wear, so I pretty much just wasted my money on them.

Katsucon is just around the corner and with the stores closing down for the Chinese New Year I'm running out of time to decide. Should I just buy the costume now? Would losing another inch or so in my waist line make that much of a difference? I want to go as Luppi from Bleach by the way.
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #48120
Chimera~Moon

It's been 2 weeks since I ordered my wig, and it still hasent gotten here! Which is weird, all the other times i've bought something from cosplaywig it's gotten to me in about a week. I'm slightly worried. Also, the chocobo plushie i ordered for my friends birthday isnt here, and i ordered that 3 weeks ago! Well, her birthday isn't untill march anyway..
Day2- Swimstuck Terezi
Day3- Lady Nightwing
Chimera~Moon is offline   Reply With Quote