Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1128 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #48136
draik41895

Juri Han wig...
draik41895 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #48137
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I can't fix my Yoko rifle myself. Have to send it back to my friend again. He'll be thrilled. "otz

At least it's not in pieces, like the first time. :'D
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #48138
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm hoping I can get Minako's naginata all spray painted today. I'm just annoyed the spray paint I got takes over 2 hours to dry. I'm way too impatient for this. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #48139
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

damn work, didn't get to do any work since pinning up the pattern, but I did buy a wonderfully ridiculously expensive rotary from gingher. I tried my sister's gingher and was impressed. My current rotary started to not feel good after a couple hours of use because it was designed with pizza cutter ergonomics.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #48140
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Well a commision i got from ebay didn't work out so great so now i am trying to see if i can return it and exchange it for a wig. If i can i will have about 4 cosplay's i can do.

What was the problem? It was to tight and the quality of the fabric was definitely different than that of the one in the picture. So since i finally got me a sewing machine i will just have to make it myself (since no knows your body better than you do)=D

I'm not really made though, things happen so i am just looking at in a "Well i atleast learned something from in" way

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #48141
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
Well a commision i got from ebay didn't work out so great so now i am trying to see if i can return it and exchange it for a wig. If i can i will have about 4 cosplay's i can do.

What was the problem? It was to tight and the quality of the fabric was definitely different than that of the one in the picture. So since i finally got me a sewing machine i will just have to make it myself (since no knows your body better than you do)=D

I'm not really made though, things happen so i am just looking at in a "Well i atleast learned something from in" way
In bold: That's typical for many "eBay" costumes, many sellers steal images from other sellers and thus use cheaper materials or miss out details and such. Also, no item bought of eBay is custom made or "commissioned" they take your measurements and match it to the nearest size of one of their existing pre-made costumes. Hence why it didn't fit properly. At least you have the determination to make it yourself, so you know what will be put into the cosplay!! Hopefully you can get your money back.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #48142
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
In bold: That's typical for many "eBay" costumes, many sellers steal images from other sellers and thus use cheaper materials or miss out details and such. Also, no item bought of eBay is custom made or "commissioned" they take your measurements and match it to the nearest size of one of their existing pre-made costumes. Hence why it didn't fit properly. At least you have the determination to make it yourself, so you know what will be put into the cosplay!! Hopefully you can get your money back.
Yea i should have learned from all of the wig purchases i've made that they all have the same pictures (just different prices)=d Mentally i was going "i'm not so sure" but did it anyways (Silly Rabbit) Oooohhhh OK! See i wasn't sure what one would call ebay made costumes (i just figured it was commision, but never really looked into the definiton of that)*clicks on new tab for dictionary* Yea, after i bought it, i got my sewing machine for Christmas and was kinda like "crud, i guess i just take it since it looked legit" (hehehe, Naive aren't i) Most definitely!! i haven't sewn in 2 years, but i still remember how to operate things and now after this i would prefer to make my cosplay myself, this way i can't blame anyone but myself for my mistakes=D

Thank you for words of encouragement and clarificationX3 (Cause i had no clue what a commision meant)(*v*)''

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #48143
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Back from Sac Anime! Got about half of my photos uploaded to various sites...can't wait to see the rest when my photographers finish!

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #48144
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Oh man. I really wanna do YumePati cosplays.
Doooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiit!! My friends and I are doing a group of the Sweets Spirits; we have Vanilla, Chocolat (me xD), Caramel, Cafe, and Honey. c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
I'm really sad they don't have a Waffle Cone scent. I lovelovelove the smell of fresh waffle cones and I've been wanting a fragrance of it since like, August 2010.
That sounds like a nice scent; shame that they don't have it. D:

Wah, these black rhinestones aren't very sparkly. ;A; Depending on the lighting, you can hardly even tell they're there. OTL But they'll have to do, I guess. Hopefully the rest of the thousands of rhinestones will make up for a partial lack of sparkle.

Current rhinestone count on Diva/Fabulous Miku: 1,514

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #48145
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
Yea i should have learned from all of the wig purchases i've made that they all have the same pictures (just different prices)=d Mentally i was going "i'm not so sure" but did it anyways (Silly Rabbit) Oooohhhh OK! See i wasn't sure what one would call ebay made costumes (i just figured it was commision, but never really looked into the definiton of that)*clicks on new tab for dictionary* Yea, after i bought it, i got my sewing machine for Christmas and was kinda like "crud, i guess i just take it since it looked legit" (hehehe, Naive aren't i) Most definitely!! i haven't sewn in 2 years, but i still remember how to operate things and now after this i would prefer to make my cosplay myself, this way i can't blame anyone but myself for my mistakes=D

Thank you for words of encouragement and clarificationX3 (Cause i had no clue what a commision meant)(*v*)''
Oh a commission is a cosplay made from scratch where both the seller and buyer work together to work out what they want the final product to be and such. Costumes from eBay are "store bought" cosplays.

I'm sure it'll all come back to you when you start sewing!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #48146
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Back from Sac Anime! Got about half of my photos uploaded to various sites...can't wait to see the rest when my photographers finish!
Your Watanuki looks great from the pictures I've seen! and the Pipe Fox was freakin' adorable. ^-^

P.S. I said this on facebook but The Doughnut wig really looked awesome. *Applauds*
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 01-16-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #48147
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Doooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiit!! My friends and I are doing a group of the Sweets Spirits; we have Vanilla, Chocolat (me xD), Caramel, Cafe, and Honey. c:
That is awesome. I can't wait to see it finished. ^_^

Finished spray painting one side of the feather-looking thing in Minako's naginata. I just decided to go ahead and free paint it without making sections since it looks like the colors blend together in the ref images. I'm hoping it doesn't look like crap because of that.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #48148
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post

That sounds like a nice scent; shame that they don't have it. D:

Wah, these black rhinestones aren't very sparkly. ;A; Depending on the lighting, you can hardly even tell they're there. OTL But they'll have to do, I guess. Hopefully the rest of the thousands of rhinestones will make up for a partial lack of sparkle.

Current rhinestone count on Diva/Fabulous Miku: 1,514
Ahhh I'm so jealous! I wish I had cosplay friends...and friends that knew YumePati....For awhile I wanted to cosplay the Queen...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #48149
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Your Watanuki looks great from the pictures I've seen! and the Pipe Fox was freakin' adorable. ^-^

P.S. I said this on facebook but The Doughnut wig really looked awesome. *Applauds*
Thank you so much! I really like the pipe fox too...although I might make a second one and add in more wire so it holds its shape more. I certainly have enough of that fur. XD

And the doughnut wig. GAH. I love the result...but the process... Haha. I still don't quite know how we got it to stay upright, but it stayed until about 10 PM, when the glue on one of the clips broke. We planned on reinforcing the clips with a stronger, metal-appropriate glue anyway, so it's no problem.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #48150
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
And the doughnut wig. GAH. I love the result...but the process... Haha. I still don't quite know how we got it to stay upright, but it stayed until about 10 PM, when the glue on one of the clips broke. We planned on reinforcing the clips with a stronger, metal-appropriate glue anyway, so it's no problem.
I'd love to see a picture of this... :O
And 10PM is pretty late, which means it stayed up for most of the day, which is pretty awesome.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote