Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1179 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #48541
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D

My shoes for Yuffie came in today...which is weird since the shipping thing it said it wouldn't arrive until February! o.o But hopefully now this will motivate me to finish the rest of the costume.
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #48542
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
OH SNAP
apparantly Collasalcon is a huge convention that acksonL goes to and not some small dinky convention I thought it was
WHOOPS RETHINKING COSTUME SCHEDULE
Supposedly he's in semi-retirement, so Keep your fingers crossed, but don't be disappointed if he doesn't show up. I'm hoping he can get out to Anime boston again, but I doubt it's one of his usual cons so... Meh :I
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #48543
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

.-.
I just went upstairs to shower and steam my dress at the same time......and found out that my stepbrother was in the shower.
Guess I'll stick to my wings...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #48544
shmasp

I ended up watching Kuro anyway, despite the fact that it is kind of boring and odd. I need research to be able to play my parts well! Mostly because I've never actually watched the whole series before, but let's ignore that...

As we speak, I paused it so my mom could talk on the phone, and the screen is stopped at a shot of someone's breasts :<
shmasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #48545
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I really want to cosplay Kohaku from Grand Guignol Orchestra and White Owl from Godchild again. Hopefully I'll be doing a photoshoot with both of them on friday, so yay!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #48546
Curucar

Heeyyy. Suddenly going to GalaxyFest in COSprings. Huzzah free admission and tea! They wanted a steampunk presence and contacted the AnomalyCon people... I'm totally willing to make that drive.

Which also gives me the kick in the butt that I need to finish my button-fly pants...
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #48547
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

As soon as I'm done all my exams, COSPLAY WORKSHOPP! Or COSPLAY WIG WORKSHOP! Commissions and my own projects~ Fun stuff. C:

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #48548
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Ugh. It's almost midnight. Not done with my skirt and not done or anywhere near done with my wings. :/
Tonight, I will at least finish hemming the skirt and attaching it to the rest of the dress.
I'll at least start cutting and gluing the organza to the wings.
And I HAVE to cut out the bias tape. Because I'll be sewing that tomorrow in school and between classes at dance.
Possibly start the straps for the sleeves.

And tomorrow I'm gonna have to finish the wings...or start finishing them? I wanted to put designs on them in fabric paint but now I don't know if I have time, since I have to attach flowers as well.
I'll finish the sleeves and fix the sequins on the corset, and start sewing my bias tape to the corset...maybe I should change the lining on the corset first, but I have no time.
I need to make the miniskirt too. That shouldn't be too hard. I think I'll just make a circle skirt with an elastic waistband. Oh I need to buy elastic.
Let's see...that covers the skirt, corset, wings.....so all that's left after that is the wig. And clearly I get no time for a makeup trial...:/
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #48549
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Hmmm.

So I asked the person in charge of Fanime's Music Video Contest if my anime-cosplay mashup video would be okay to submit, and they said it'd be fine and they're interested in seeing it. But since it was made with such a huge time crunch (and considering that time crunch it does still look pretty good) it's far from perfect... I'd like to try and make another one and try to do a lot of the shooting during Sakura Con or something and try to enlist the help of more cosplayers, but I'm not sure how well it'd work out.

I'm unfamiliar with the area for starters, and I'm not sure how many cosplayers would be willing to participate; and even if I got a good amount ahead of time, I'd have to know who they'd be cosplaying as well in advance so I can go through tons and tons of anime footage and make screencaps to use as references so I can make shots that'll sync up with the "live action" footage. And then I'd probably need to go through even more footage than that, in case I meet up with any other cosplayers who'd be willing to participate. @-@;

I suppose I could submit my first one and then submit a new one some other time, but I'd hate to enter something knowing full well it could be better. :I

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #48550
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Got my wigs ordered for both Jade costumes today. It feels pretty good to be starting early on my costumes. Procrastination is too stressful.
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #48551
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrinator View Post
I thought real ones were allowed at sakura con? So long as they're sheathed.
Sakura-Con's policy on weaponry is here, under Section AA. IIRC, live steel is permitted, but must be sheathed at all times and peacebonded.

--

I really hate floral tape. Decided to using masking tape and glue instead. My flowers seem to be holding to the wire much better.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:53 AM   #48552
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
...I'd like to try and make another one and try to do a lot of the shooting during Sakura Con or something and try to enlist the help of more cosplayers, but I'm not sure how well it'd work out.

I'm unfamiliar with the area for starters, and I'm not sure how many cosplayers would be willing to participate; and even if I got a good amount ahead of time, I'd have to know who they'd be cosplaying as well in advance so I can go through tons and tons of anime footage and make screencaps to use as references so I can make shots that'll sync up with the "live action" footage. And then I'd probably need to go through even more footage than that, in case I meet up with any other cosplayers who'd be willing to participate. @-@;...
For Sakura-con, I'd suggest going to the sakura-con forums (at Sakuracon.org) and asking people if they'd be interested in participating. You could also ask if they'd be willing to suggest some footage, especially since there will be a lot of characters you might not be familiar with.

This thread lists some of the areas that photoshoots are held in. And there are links to pictures of each area, to give you an idea of what they look like, as well as landmarks to meet people by.
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #48553
ferrinator
Hiei the Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Sakura-Con's policy on weaponry is here, under Section AA. IIRC, live steel is permitted, but must be sheathed at all times and peacebonded.

--

I really hate floral tape. Decided to using masking tape and glue instead. My flowers seem to be holding to the wire much better.
Yeah, that's what I'd read. People keep telling me cons don't allow them and I keep relaying the info about Sakura con being different.

Aki-Con 2012
Haji- Blood+ - (not yet started)
ferrinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #48554
DingDing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Ugh...my hands hurt...I hate shaping wire...:/
It's only 14 gauge too!
Tell me about it!I started on my wire dragon tail frame, I'm in the process of twisting lots of wire AND OMIGOSH!!!! MY HANDSSS!!! SO SO SORE!
Especially my thumbs, they be doing all the bending
And the piece I'm doing now is not co-operating! Silly wire. And since its cheaper I'm using coathangers, BUT IT CAN BE SO HARD TO TWIST :'(

--

On a positive note, an hour ago about I finished watching Resident Evil: Apocalpyse which was on tv, and now I MUST DO EITHER A COSPLAY OF JILL OR ALICE! THEY BOTH SO AWESOME!
RE movies are SO GOOD!

Now to more hurting my hands

Also, happy Australia day to all aussies

My da: http://allebasi-ding.deviantart.com/

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Alice - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (WIP)
DingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #48555
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
For Sakura-con, I'd suggest going to the sakura-con forums (at Sakuracon.org) and asking people if they'd be interested in participating. You could also ask if they'd be willing to suggest some footage, especially since there will be a lot of characters you might not be familiar with.

This thread lists some of the areas that photoshoots are held in. And there are links to pictures of each area, to give you an idea of what they look like, as well as landmarks to meet people by.
Thank you, I'll look into it! >u< I'm just worried about not getting enough participants and what have you, since I don't know how many people would be up to it. I hate taking up others' time, especially since cons are generally so busy. xD; And I'd hate to cancel it if not enough people sign up, since the people who DID sign up might be disappointed... @-@;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote