Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #48661
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

It's almost February, and my Jizabel wig said it'd be here between the 2nd and the 15th.

Oh please oh please oh please. The sooner the better.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #48662
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Went to some beautiful Japanese and Chinese style gardens today! I happened to ask about their photography policies, and for a cosplay photoshoot it's possible to arrange an off-hour appointment to shoot. The scenery would be perfect for my upcoming Tsubasa Sakura cosplay, so I'm pretty excited. xD Wouldn't be for a while though, since I'd rather wait until spring when the weather is nicer and there's more light to work with. (Dark, cloudy skies simply wouldn't be very fitting.)

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #48663
Curucar

Awesome. My resin jug's lid both rusted and resined itself shut. I'm *really* hoping the caulk I used to cover the hole I drilled in the lid holds up. LESSON: put resin jugs inside as soon as you're done using them. They will start to rust even if you leave it outside during the curing time. >_<
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #48664
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

I finally have some real honest-to-god down time now that the semester is over. I'll be reading lots and lots of Trinity Blood then. Especially since I realized my Jizabel wig will also work for Abel. Woot! ^^
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #48665
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

So I feel horrid. Sickly even. I don't think working on my project for 50 hours this week helped much at all... I just wanna be better monday so I can get back to working on it though D:
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #48666
Odile
Comic Book Zombie

Cosplay Performance Anxiety. I has it.

Totally want to cosplay, have many ideas and characters I want to cosplay, but never get 'round to it.
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #48667
TheSurfingDonut
Cantabile

I haven't cosplayed in almost 2 years. Ever since I started college and moved into my own place my paychecks are gone before the end of the day. It really sucks but I'm trying my best to finish my Bayonetta cosplay this year.

[color="RoyalBlue"]

“Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something.” - Jake

TheSurfingDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #48668
TheSurfingDonut
Cantabile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odile View Post
Cosplay Performance Anxiety. I has it.

Totally want to cosplay, have many ideas and characters I want to cosplay, but never get 'round to it.
I solve this issue by forcing myself to make a decision. What I'd do is buy the fabric for a specific cosplay/ or the wig. And because I've already spent the money, I've now cornered myself into getting it done.

[color="RoyalBlue"]

“Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something.” - Jake

TheSurfingDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #48669
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

My dad needs to hurry up and set up the white background....I'm tired and want to get this over with, since my feet are already killing me. :/

So happy with my makeup though. Went lighter than I normally do. Used sparkles. XD
I wanted to do like scales and make my skin look blue, but it's not really that kind of faerie costume...
Kinda still not happy with the top and I wish I hadn't taken off the stuff I had on before the sleeves, but whatever. I"m gonna have a proper photoshoot eventually.

I probably look ridiculous sitting here at the computer wearing a faerie costume.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #48670
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Eh, we've all sat in the computer in half-finished or full costumes typing over how weird we must look. Last time I did that, I was in my Schala dress... and nearly rolled the chair wheels over the train. :P

Also,I just realized how much I have to do from now until spring of 2014. I have no less than 10 costumes to make most or all of in those two years, four of which are for my boyfriend and eight for me. And all but three of them are complicated, expensive time-sinks. (In no particular order) Medieval formal wear, 17th century formal wear, Quorra from Tron Legacy (fortunately my bf is doing nearly all the work on his own Rinzler costume and all the lights and wiring on mine, so sewing with the weird materials will be my main concern), DoC Yuffie and Vincent Valentine, gijinka Twilight Sparkle, matching elf rangers, and a pair of Quarians complete with talky-light things and voice changers in the helmets. Oh, and finishing up the one I have going now in these next three weeks.
K, I'll wave bye to all leisure time and money now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #48671
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

I have got to stop being in passive cosplay mode. I will be sitting, watching a show or a movie and someone in a particularly interesting outfit and my brain whispers in the backround about how that wouldn't be too hard to jimmy rig together or how I saw that same bodice on the Butterick's website.

For crying out loud, I was watching Beauty and the Beast last night and Belle appears in her golden dress and my brain immediately like: "That skirt is just a bunch of panels that have been ruched or pleated together before attaching to an underskirt. Romantic period sillouette? Maybe. A more natural gold would look better on my skin...hey, won't a Steampunk Belle look cool?" NO! BACK! BACK TO DEPTHS OF GREY MATTER FROM WHEREHENCE YOU CAME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
K, I'll wave bye to all leisure time and money now.
But in the end, it's so worth it, isn't it?

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #48672
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

I gt my first assignment for my costume design class! We have to make/put together five outfits for men and women based on a fictional thing. Obviously, I read that as 'make cosplays'. Sooo I'm doing Tron since that's probably all I can do that my random models will have fun in as well lol Here's hoping I can finish all the girls outfits and locate men's outfits before the twentieth!

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #48673
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
You make a good point.... although I'm also wondering where I'll keep all these things once finished. I might have to kickstart Mom's plan to build an extension onto the house so I can have a walk-in closet and sewing room.... (Pff, I already keep most of my cosplays at her house, since my tiny little apartment only has room for a couple of my small/casual costumes and my wigs)
Quote:
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #48674
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
I have got to stop being in passive cosplay mode. I will be sitting, watching a show or a movie and someone in a particularly interesting outfit and my brain whispers in the backround about how that wouldn't be too hard to jimmy rig together or how I saw that same bodice on the Butterick's website.

For crying out loud, I was watching Beauty and the Beast last night and Belle appears in her golden dress and my brain immediately like: "That skirt is just a bunch of panels that have been ruched or pleated together before attaching to an underskirt. Romantic period sillouette? Maybe. A more natural gold would look better on my skin...hey, won't a Steampunk Belle look cool?" NO! BACK! BACK TO DEPTHS OF GREY MATTER FROM WHEREHENCE YOU CAME!!!

ohmygod, I was totally picking apart Belle's dress when I watched the movie today at the theatre, and started planning how I'd do the skirt, what fabric I'd use, etc.
And I'm just like, "Stop it, brain, no more special occasion fabrics for a while. The wallet can't take it anymore. "otz "

--

picked up the first round of fabric for my San cosplay today. Ended up getting a really pretty burgundy linen, since there wasn't a plum that wasn't in a stretchy cotton knit, and I need the fabric to be frayable. Didn't get much more than that, though, because of a pounding headache and a long wait in line.
However, I did manage to save big bucks using my coupons, and only paid $50 for a pattern, and 11 yards of fabric total.
Unread 01-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #48675
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Quote:

I am right there with you! It is really hard to not want to cos everything from EVERYTHING you like.

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote