Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #48841
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Hand made a ball and socket Joint for Berserk Fury's neck so I can actually turn the head side to side and up and down. I used a few spare scraps of PVC piping of 2 different sizes, cut a hole, and presto! Next I just have to run some wire/string from four points on the fury's head, and attach them to a cross-shaped piece near me for controls, and I'll be good to go. Gotta love ingenuity ^.^

Tomorrow, I've got only a few things to cross off my list to get ready for the next step, so I'll pick up a big tub of light spackle, and a couple more pieces for the head rig, then I'll be set for a while. =D Most progress for the next couple of weeks won't be the most noticeable work, but it'll be the necessary refinements needed before getting too far along.

Also found a few videos showing simple locomotion devices. Those should help with future endeavors into more complex mechanical work.

Unread 02-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #48842
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Alright. So for English, we're doing Shakespeare skits, and I'm Rosalind.
It's a scene where she's crossplaying. I don't have guys' clothes. I was so excited, too.

I'm thinking tomorrow night I will possibly use some red brocade to make a really long vest kinda like the one she wears in this video of our scene, finding an off-white collared shirt from my stepdad so that it's deliberately huge on me, wearing brown leggings and brown boots.
But a wig....the only short wigs I have are Sakura and Aelita, and I obviously can't use Aelita. I'm wondering if I should use Sakura, or just go with my own hair?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #48843
Asa Gohan
Cussin at Sewing Machine

Got my wig in!
http://www.epiccosplay.com/60-light-...splay-wig.html

it is an awesome wig for the length. Perfect for Duo or Pip!

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #48844
Shana05
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Baka Zaru View Post
*A* If I was thin and beautiful, I would love to cosplay this:

ZOMG!!!! Belle is my dream cosplay and I love lolita. It's so great to see those two things combined.

ACEN 2016: lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Chef!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Spyro Gijinka (Spyro: Year of the Dragon)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #48845
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

I'm rewatching the Ouran episode where kyoya goes to the mall...

Guess who's going to the movies and McDonalds as Kyoya on Friday? XD
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #48846
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Paid for my Haruka wig! ^_^. Now come to me. *does the shipping dance* Now I just need to find her vest and figure out how to make that bow.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #48847
Curucar

I love aha moments! I started growing my hair out, which meant that I'd have to cut it if I ever wanted to cosplay the 11th Doctor again. But no! Hakkai's wig just needs de-poofing and it's already the exact style.
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #48848
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
I look forward to it! Even if you aren't Sheryl Nome - and on that note, do you have any songs you'd like? I'm trying to make up a set list so we can have a variety of songs, and I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't ever actually seen Macross Frontier and have no idea what songs should be included. xD Or any other songs you think would be good, from any genre of music.
Ahh, I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now, but I'll definitely PM some suggestions. I ran karaoke at Kuroneko-Con in 2010, so hopefully I can help come up with some good ideas, lol.

--

I started playing Ace Attorney: Investigations again. I really want to cosplay as Kay.

Brain, finish oiran Sheryl and Catherine first. "otz
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #48849
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Ahh, I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now, but I'll definitely PM some suggestions. I ran karaoke at Kuroneko-Con in 2010, so hopefully I can help come up with some good ideas, lol.
I'll keep an eye out for it then! xD This panel is also being held in the karaoke room at Sakura-con, so I'm getting some help from the karaoke coordinator too~

It should be a lot of fun! And if you have any suggestions or ideas for a running a karaoke panel/karaoke in general from your experience, please let me know! I'd love to hear any advice you have to give.
____

I'm tempted to start trying to do the Shipu Shipu Dansen before I open my mailbox... my wigs should be arriving any day now. o.o
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #48850
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Augh. Headdesking. Got over half the stuff for my SS Zelda cosplay. And the stuff I don't have I know where to get. All except one. I just can't seem to find the right leathery looking sash belt thingy. My frustration is over 9000. *headdesk headdesk headdesk*
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #48851
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

I want to make my goggles...but I need to finish my shorts...but I want to make my goggles...[and so on for eternity]....

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #48852
RaeSeddon
Chocolate and Sunshine

Augh.

So now I have to juggle my group's NYCC costumes with costuming Cabaret up at school.

Crumbs.

At least I got patterns for the NYCC costumes. The right patterns this time.
RaeSeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #48853
sugarpunch18
User is now Unknowable

I need my paycheck to come faster so I could finally buy three sets of coveralls to dye hot pink. PAY ME NOW DARN YOU! *shakes fist*
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)
sugarpunch18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #48854
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

So while trying to cheap out on a laptop stand for my DJ gear, the gears in my mind spun and the solution to my wing design dilemma came out. I was standing around eating fruits for dinner while waiting for my train and it. just. happened. I couldn't wait to get home and jot it down before I forget. Amazed that this hasn't come to mind.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #48855
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Got Berserk Fury's head puppet'd finally. I can now make him nod, bite, shake his head, all the fun stuff! His lower jaw is held closed by rubber bands, and pulling on a string opens the mouth. The head is operated by two strings 4 inches apart at the crown of the head. One left, one right. The head naturally goes down, so pulling back brings the head up, right string brings the head right, left string brings the head left. So simple, but so nice to have finally set up ^^