Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #48931
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Just bought more glue sticks and now I can finish the chest
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #48932
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Less than two weeks till Katsu, and I'm still debating... should I go full-out drag for swimsuit!Kotetsu and pack? Normally I don't, because when I'm crossplaying, I'm probably not wearing anything tight - or if I am, there are enough aspects to the costume that people probably aren't paying attention to the lack of a bulge. But this costume is super-tight and fairly simple, and I think it would be a nice touch... but I don't want to freak anyone out.

Already I'm planning on sports-taping myself to avoid cleavage (which is hard for me to get in costumes where I *want* cleavage - and now it shows up in a costume where I don't?), and experimenting with beard prosthetics instead of drawing the darned thing on repeatedly... also possibly not shaving my legs. XD I'm not doing any female cosplays that weekend anyway.
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #48933
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I was just thinking How I haven't been Kohaku in a while and then I did a photoshoot with him. Tonight I'm thinking "Geez, it's been forever since I've been Prince Ludwig..."

Does this mean it's time to break Lui out again? Must find my Hooker boots again now XD
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 02-04-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #48934
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Dress progress~ http://celia-rose.tumblr.com/post/17...tarted-working

I'm really tired, both of this project and from being up working on it until 5:30 because I couldn't sleep. But, damn, I'm proud of myself for how well my dress is turning out.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #48935
LeekFish
Clow Reader

^^^ Looks gorgeous! :'D

Currently dying to go thrift store/fabric shopping to find shoes for Tintin and get fabric/supplies for Chococat. It'll most likely be the weekend after next, which is frustrating me because I feel like I'm running out of time before Sakura Con. OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #48936
SA2R
King of the Skies

Working on some belts atm. I am thinking I might have to start over though~ and rather than hand sewing, pull out a sewing machine. But that would mean asking for help...again >>;; God do I hate asking for help on cosplay u-u~

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #48937
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Woot!~ My friend is going to be doing the commission for my sword...muahahaha we've picked up the LED lights already. My wing is also being made by my other friend. I've got the wig and the cosplay is on the way.

It seems this will be my most epic cosplay to date....I CANT WAIT!!! ><

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #48938
Curucar

LOVELY communication with our fearless leader. I thought I was going to GalaxyFest for a day. Nooope. For the entire weekend. And the con's 3 hours away, so I sort of need to get a hotel room. :-/
Unread 02-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #48939
throwaway358

Got my dress cut out and sewed together in basic form the other day. Still need to shorten/hem the sleeves/skirt, maybe add gores to the skirt, maybe take in the waist.

I am making another attempt at shoulder armor today. A couple days ago, I tried just thermoforming some craft foam last time, and that didn't get a great result. This time I am throwing paper mache on the foam from last time, and it is sort of working.

I haven't even started thinking about the boots yet...
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #48940
beelzebobbles

Making your own cosplays kinda makes you cheap. I can't believe I'm being stingy over buying an Aperture science tank that only costs $20.
beelzebobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #48941
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Sewing machine does not like my spandex. So I had to hand stitch the raw edges... Took forever! It stitched fairly okay, but the dog feed left a mark on it (thankfully on an area that won't show). I'm sure it'll be fine when I attach parts of the spandex to the leotard, so I sew having the lycra facing down on the feed = no marks! But areas where the spandex will not meet the lycra looks like it'll have to be handstitched. -sigh-

Also, going against commissioning the wig for Eternal Moon, going to take it like a man, er I mean woman, and do it myself, not from scratch of course, but as in get a base wig, etc. Need to learn how to style wigs properly some time.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #48942
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I think I'm finally going to get pictures as Orchestra!Berthier this Friday. ^-^ Yay!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #48943
SynisterFool

I've been invited into three cosplay groups over the last month. Don't I feel special~? c:

In Progress:
♪Birth By Sleep Bitty!Riku (5%)♪ Dream Drop Distance Riku (5%)

Upcoming Conventions:
♫ShutoCon April 2014
♫Colossalcon June 2014
SynisterFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #48944
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Been ridiculous busy on this end for the past few weeks, and everyone here's probably forgotten that I used to post here ever, but...

YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS, I FINALLY FOUND HAUNTED's SPIKES AND WHAMMY BAR!!!

They have been missing since September. Finally found them in the box of CDs/DVDs I packed up when I had to move out of my apartment. Because I figured that I would baby the box of breakables and not smush the hell out of the spikes. And then I never unpacked the box when I moved back in. D:

In other news, I seriously need to get off my ass and start sewing something for Sakura-Con. Good grief. Purgatory Armor is no longer an option (because I don't know what I'm doing~), so now I'm trying to choose between Student Council President Erza, Robe of Remoteness Erza, and Default Yin/Izanami. Oh, I suppose I could wear OVA Yin if it's kind of warmish in April.

But now that I have Haunted's spikes and whammy bar, I can lug that beast around the con again if I fail to finish, you know, anything.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #48945
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

You know you've been away from the sewing machine too long when you forget how to hold the fabric while stitching xD At least the bodice lining is done (after a near-freakout once again when I thought I'd cut it wrong), so tomorrow I can get cracking on the organza underskirt. I wonder if I've got enough to do two layers instead of just one. Hmmmm.....this will require more bias tape.