Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 258 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #48976
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Fair enough. : D We haven't decided what day the meet will be on as well. I'm not sure what I'll be wearing what day either. The rest of my Fairy Tail group are doing their Fairy Tail costumes as their only costumes for the weekend, but I have 3 outfits/costumes to choose between, so I have to weigh matching them or wearing something new. I might just go to the con in the morning dressed one way and then change costumes when we go back to my apartment for dinner and spend the rest of the night in a different costume.

Also, my friend will be so excited to see Sakura cosplay. That's her favorite character of all time.
True; still need the schedule before we can do that. xD; I might need to switch costumes in the hotel room occasionally as well, since I always enjoy wearing my Cardcaptor Sakura cosplay and it'd be nice if I could wear her as well. I'd probably rather give some preference to new cosplays, though.

Yay! Sakura's one of my all-time favorites as well. More so in Cardcaptor Sakura than in Tsubasa, but either way I just love her (and all of her beautiful outfits) to death. <3

Just booked the hotel room for Fanime, awww yeah!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #48977
RaeSeddon
Chocolate and Sunshine

Decided to be paranoid and talk to my dermatologist about what type of body paint to use for my NYCC cosplay, she said to be careful and do a patch test, but otherwise she was fine with going all-out for Karolina, yay! She also that if something does go wrong to come in and she'll 'mop up the mess.'

I do, pretty much love that woman.

Also, the patterns for my commissions got here, even though I didn't get an e-mail saying they'd shipped. Either way, time to contact my comissioner and get everything else I need!

*wanders over to the Marketplace to browse for blond wigs*
RaeSeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #48978
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
True; still need the schedule before we can do that. xD; I might need to switch costumes in the hotel room occasionally as well, since I always enjoy wearing my Cardcaptor Sakura cosplay and it'd be nice if I could wear her as well. I'd probably rather give some preference to new cosplays, though.

Yay! Sakura's one of my all-time favorites as well. More so in Cardcaptor Sakura than in Tsubasa, but either way I just love her (and all of her beautiful outfits) to death. <3
One costume change per day is enough for me. I can't imagine how some people have the planning and dedication to wear 10+ costumes over the course of a weekend. o: I couldn't do it.

I'm pretty sure my friend also prefers Cardcaptor over Tsubasa. o: I'll introduce you to her if I get the chance. She's trying to narrow down which of the dresses she wants to make. First. Apparently she wants to make most of her outfits eventually. xD;
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #48979
Synn

I officially have a new goal in life: become a tiny Jude Law by MegaCon next year.

In other news, totally resigned to my fate as the lone Matt/Hige at whatever other cons I attend this year. If I make the costumes awesome enough, I won't need a group, right? 8I

Under a bridge half a mile from the con center. I was very drunk. Also Hobos are awesome.
Synn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #48980
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Work today has been slow... I've spent half the day doing little edits for the financial aid department, and the other half researching jock straps and packing.

And woooo, Katsucon is finally so close that the day we leave for the con is on the 10-day forecast on weather.com! Of course, this is Michigan, so the forecast for that day is no doubt completely wrong. The forecast for this afternoon that was posted this morning was wrong. This is Michigan.
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #48981
touchmon
Make All The Things!

My new wig is at my college! The bad news is I need to wait until 6 to pick it up! *grumbles* And the exciting thing is that MangaNext is in about two weeks. I'm hoping my Sion is completely done with her cosplay and figured out how to make the red markings. I really should bother her soon about it to make sure she gets it done.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #48982
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
One costume change per day is enough for me. I can't imagine how some people have the planning and dedication to wear 10+ costumes over the course of a weekend. o: I couldn't do it.
You have to be crazy to change multiple times in one day. Which is what I do at every convention. "otz
My friend cosplaying Stocking with me is nuts, though. She has, like, four costume changes planned for Saturday at Sakura-Con. I'm just hoping for two, at the most. xD
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #48983
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Alright, I helped my friend figure out a costume for katsucon. Now I can sit back, relax, and wait for my wig to come.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #48984
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:

I'm pretty sure my friend also prefers Cardcaptor over Tsubasa. o: I'll introduce you to her if I get the chance. She's trying to narrow down which of the dresses she wants to make. First. Apparently she wants to make most of her outfits eventually. xD;
Oh gosh, I'd never be able to handle that. xD; I'm pretty content with just one costume per day, unless there's some important reason that I just have to change into another. It's just kind of a hassle, and usually I end up having so much fun in the costume I'm currently wearing that I'm kind of sad when I have to put it away, haha.

Sure, that sounds fun. c: And oh gosh I know a friend of a friend who wants to make every single one of Sakura's outfits from the Cardcaptor series. x'D She's already made two or three, I think.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #48985
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Ahhh, i finally went and made my cosplay list a little more readable.

Good news is i have money to get a little bit fabric, now the debate is for who and how much will it be(=v=)

~Working On~
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Clawdeen Wolf Ver. (Monster High)~20%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)

~Planning Stages~
Cana Alberona (Fairy Tale)
Yuiko Hawatari (Loveless)
Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)

~On Hold~
Scheherazade Al-Rahman(Trinity Blood)~3%
Princess of the Crystal (Mawaru Penguindrum)~10%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #48986
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Finished doubling up my puffy sleeves, just need to gather them and stitch on the edges then finish off with stitching on the trim ^-^
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #48987
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Just registered for Fanime.

Dear god it's only 109 days away, and I haven't done anything for the costume I'm supposedly debuting there.

This might get interesting.

Next con: Fanime (San Jose, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #48988
Kuriin
DO NOT THROW SOULS

Finished Sealand last night~! 4 more days until Naka-kon dfjdfj

Next Con: Motaku???

.:Working On:.
.:Flandre Scarlet -Touhou
.:Nepeta Leijon- Homestuck

dA
Kuriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #48989
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Finally pulled myself off my arse and got back to making my shorts (but I still want to get right to the goggles v_v). I've finished stitching the pocket panals and began sewing the first one in place.

This is the first time I've worked with a large piece of fabric (the right hand back panal to be exact). It's proving a lot of hassle just making sure my stitches are straight. I need a bloody sewing machine.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #48990
touchmon
Make All The Things!

*sigh* The RA office doesn't have my wig yet. >_>. Stupid college taking forever with the mail. Guess this means I'm getting my wig tomorrow.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote