Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1145 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #48991
CherriPetalz
waht is this

I feel like I'm addicted to cosplay. I think about sewing/making props/conventions every day during school. :O
CherriPetalz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #48992
CupOfMary

i needdd some help with my costume can any one help me http://www.cosplay.com/costume/412877/
CupOfMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #48993
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriPetalz View Post
I feel like I'm addicted to cosplay. I think about sewing/making props/conventions every day during school. :O
Welcome to the diseased my friend (soon it will have you thinking of it during certain songs as well)XD

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #48994
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
(soon it will have you thinking of it during certain songs as well)XD
Guilty. I cannot hear Jon Fratelli's new song "I'm not the king of rock and roll" and not think of Kohaku now. XD
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #48995
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Guilty. I cannot hear Jon Fratelli's new song "I'm not the king of rock and roll" and not think of Kohaku now. XD
Lol! (i must hear that now)X3*clicks take to youtube*I know it's terrible, everytime i hear Panic Switch my mind automatically takes me to H.O.T.D and what kind of cosplay or scenes could go with it and as soon as i heard the Mirai Nikki opening you can guess what has taken overX'D

*highfives*

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #48996
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
Welcome to the diseased my friend (soon it will have you thinking of it during certain songs as well)XD
I hate when that happens. I can't listen to Brave Song from Angel Beats without thinking of Minako from P3P anymore. >_>.

And I was thinking about how to make Garbage Doll and I think I might make his body out of this. Or something like that. Although then I wonder how I'm going to make his arms moveable.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #48997
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Think I might drop God Tier Jade and do Maya Fey instead. I've been wanting to make a Maya costume for a long time now, and I have too many Homestuck costumes. :P
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #48998
Rinkia
Banned

Sexy cosplay is always well-liked and more attractive u.u
Rinkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #48999
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I hate when that happens. I can't listen to Brave Song from Angel Beats without thinking of Minako from P3P anymore. >_>.

And I was thinking about how to make Garbage Doll and I think I might make his body out of this. Or something like that. Although then I wonder how I'm going to make his arms moveable.
XDD I am seriously glad i am not the only one who has this happen.

Hmmm my term is probably way off, but i hope it sparks an idea or the technical term. Have you thought of using some sort of pulley system?

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #49000
kimuhalu
Step AWAY from the yaoi!

My design for Fluttershy suddenly turned from a one-piece dress to a two-piece top/skirt. So my progress reverts back to 0. :/ At least it will be a bit easier. I'm glad I haven't bought shoes yet, because anything I've looked at probably wont match it now.

Also, I wanna work on Kyouka but I have no fabric. Finding the right shade of purple in a wig is harder than I thought. Nothing is perfect!
Hatsune Miku ( Do-Re-Mi-Fa Rondo)
kimuhalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #49001
throwaway358

Worked with my paper mache shoulder pads some more tonight. They don't seem to be the shape I was imagining at all.
*stress*
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #49002
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
You have to be crazy to change multiple times in one day. Which is what I do at every convention. "otz
My friend cosplaying Stocking with me is nuts, though. She has, like, four costume changes planned for Saturday at Sakura-Con. I'm just hoping for two, at the most. xD
How do you do it? o: My time management will never be that good. Also, I hate taking time during a convention to leave the actual convention space to do things. It feels like I'm wasting time, even if it's for something like eating dinner.

It also takes about half an hour minimum to completely change into any of my outfits. Because of either something complicated that I have to wear or the sheer number of tiny accessories that I have to put on and adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Oh gosh, I'd never be able to handle that. xD; I'm pretty content with just one costume per day, unless there's some important reason that I just have to change into another. It's just kind of a hassle, and usually I end up having so much fun in the costume I'm currently wearing that I'm kind of sad when I have to put it away, haha.

Sure, that sounds fun. c: And oh gosh I know a friend of a friend who wants to make every single one of Sakura's outfits from the Cardcaptor series. x'D She's already made two or three, I think.
I usually opt to change costumes if the costume in question is really physically taxing. My Daishi armor was held up by a very poorly thought out harness and I can't wear it for more than a couple hours, and even that is pushing it. And Haunted... Is just so big and unwieldy that I get tired of constantly making sure it doesn't bash someone in the eye or the shin. If I've got a comfy costume on, I'll probably keep it on the entire day.

My friend is excited to meet you. xD Cardcaptors and Vocaloid are two of her favorite things.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #49003
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
I usually opt to change costumes if the costume in question is really physically taxing. My Daishi armor was held up by a very poorly thought out harness and I can't wear it for more than a couple hours, and even that is pushing it. And Haunted... Is just so big and unwieldy that I get tired of constantly making sure it doesn't bash someone in the eye or the shin. If I've got a comfy costume on, I'll probably keep it on the entire day.

My friend is excited to meet you. xD Cardcaptors and Vocaloid are two of her favorite things.
Ah, that makes sense. Miku has so many accessories that can be surprisingly difficult to balance, so I usually prefer to wear her on a slightly shorter con day like Friday, so I get where you're coming from.

Yay! xD I'm sure that we'll get along quite well, haha.

Oh snap, I have a package! Must be something for my Tintin cosplay!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #49004
Raihou

Trying to find a copy of Dengeki Layers vol.3
It's proving nigh-impossible.

Aso getting a headache trying to figure out patterns... I think I'm working on too much at once, really...
Raihou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #49005
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Okay... Re-watched all the non-filler episodes of Medabots over the past couple of weeks... I will someday have to make Cyandog, not just because he's a pretty sweet looking robot, but he also "took a level in badass" and kept going through the 'function ceased' point of a battle. He even has a "heavy metal" costume variant =D