Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 928 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #49156
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Sitting here, planning out cosplay expenses.....
I'm so afraid of how much cotton sateen I'm going to need, since I'm lining Nadeshiko's cloak with it....possibly. Unless I can find anything else that's cheaper, since it's nearly $10/yd and I still need to dye it.
But I found out that for all of the gold that's going to last me a really long time, I"ll probably only spend $25!

But really....I should be sitting here doing non-cosplay-related math, also known as precalculus.

*whining*
But I need enough money for all of my fabric and wigs and stuff so that I can buy Hyrule Historia!

I'm sorry. I'm a whiny person that procrastinates and never gets anything done. I'll go now.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #49157
Curucar

I'm working on re-styling the first wig that I ever styled (5+ years ago) and I'm pretty sure this thing is more hairspray than wig. Hopefully the second scrubbing will get it to a point of functionality. x_x
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #49158
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Naka-Kon was fun. It wasn't as good as last year but that was a hard one to beat as almost all the guests were on shows I liked. I did suggest Luci Christian for next year because I would love to meet her as Alois.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #49159
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

So...I was planning on making an ACTUAL invisibility cloak for my friend for her birthday next August.
Just now, I Googled it because I wasn't really sure what the pattern/fabric was.
Oh shit.
I love her and all, she was one of my first friends in high school, but.......no way am I doing all of that.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #49160
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Five minutes away from finishing the hard parts of Berserk Fury's head =D Come on glue gun, HEAT UP!

EDIT: Aaaaaand Done =D
Link: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3151328/

Last edited by Write Knight : 02-13-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Write Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #49161
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Knight View Post
Five minutes away from finishing the hard parts of Berserk Fury's head =D Come on glue gun, HEAT UP!

EDIT: Aaaaaand Done =D
Link: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3151328/
Beautiful. <3
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #49162
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Plan for today: work out (at least 30 minutes), put the trim on the underskirt, finish attaching the lining at the back, hem the skirt, add hooks and eyes, print out patterns for hat and lapels. Next, I should probably order the hat supplies before the stars since they'll be cheaper and I don't have that much extra money right now. Blegh. Let's see how much of this I actually get done today.
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #49163
booklover67

OMG I am actually so happy right now =D I have somewhat successfully finished the skirt and now have the top to get right, but I am actually pretty happy with how the bottom came out. I also am probably a bit sleep deprived right now and have to go to my engineering class right now, but it is Ninja Grams day so whatever (hopefully there will be some pirate ninja action today in Engin. because it is a pretty big class =D)... all I want to do is continue listening to blame it on the cosplay and finish CC rawr!!

Also, Katsucon in only a few days!!!!

For the Future:
Akari Mizunashi from ARIA
Yuuko from xxxHolic (duct tape)
Erza Scarlet (Heaven's Wheel Armour) from Fairy Tail
D from Vampire Hunter D (very far future...)
booklover67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #49164
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

After I finish with my Eridan cosplay, I'll be able to go back to and finish off the details for my Madoka cosplay so it will be complete! I only need the socks and soul gem...

I'm really excited to do this cosplay since I love Madoka as a character and the series itself. Madoka reminds me a lot of myself in some ways. I can't wait to get some better photos of this cosplay It's fun doing a girly cosplay aswell as all of the crossplays.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #49165
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

wow, haven't been here in what seems like forever. I don't have internet access at home anymore past my phone, so it seems like I'll be on CosCom a lot less frequently.

But at least I'm getting work done. http://celia-rose.tumblr.com/post/17...costume-update

My badges for Panty are so fabulous, lol.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #49166
hedgehog92
Is Trouble With Tribbles

I have been stagnating on my costumes for Momocon. I still need to make my Soldier's Jacket and get the patches on, spray paint his helmet and finish off his Equalizer.

My Animal Crossing boy isn't even close to done.

MOMOCON IS IN A MONTH WHY AM I SO LAZY?

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Om Nom Nom' at will to old ladies.

Momocon 2014 Plans:
unknown
unknown

Unknown

AWA 2013 plans:
Female Hannibal Chau-Pacific Rim
Lexaeus- Kingdom Hearts
Susan Strong-Adventure Time
hedgehog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #49167
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I have the basics of the corset done! Now I just need to figure out if the sew-in cups will work or if I need to go buy one with more structure. It'll help when we get me properly laced up with it high enough up this time. I love my hubby, but you'd think he'd do a better job of getting me into something that's going to put the boobs on display. He complains so much when I hide them for crossplay...

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #49168
LeekFish
Clow Reader

So apparently I accidentally shipped my trenchcoat for Tintin to my house instead of to my campus mail box. Whoops. The good news is that it arrived yesterday, which is lucky since I spent the weekend at home! The downside is I already had a lot of cosplay materials to cram into my small duffel bag and wasn't counting on dragging back a bulky trenchcoat too. Managed to make everything fit though, although my bag is admittedly quite heavy. :c

And the trenchcoat luckily fits! Although I might need to take it in a bit, since it does make my shoulders look obnoxiously wide like a male CLAMP character. xD It's perfect everywhere else, just a bit wide (and the sleeves are just a smidge long, but it's nothing major.)

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #49169
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

So, a drafted copy of the scheduled gatherings for ACen came out and my back is going to hate me especially on Saturday where I'll only have to change 3-4 times! ALL OF WHICH HAS WINGS!

I chose this hell...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #49170
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

AOD is this weekend. This three-day weekend.

Just have to survive this week and my spectroscopy midterm. :I

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote