Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #49231
Padmik
mikky

/rolling. I am trying to decide if I want to commit cosplay mind murder and make Rachel Alucard from BlazBlue or commit creative mind murder by doing a steampunk version of the Dormouse from Alice in Wonderland. Or I could do both and cry inside.

... Not exactly sure yet -scratches chin- I have a lot of time to decide on this so I don't know why I'm thinking about it now instead of doing my note sheet for programming lawl.

[Tumblr] [CosBlog]

2014 Conventions
Shatterdome ATL, AWA
2014 Cosplays
Allison Argent (3x23) - Teen Wolf 100%
Mako Mori - Pacific Rim 100%
Honekoneko (kigu) - PaSwG 90%
Levi (WoC) - SnK/AoT 75%
Fran - KHR! 85%
Rilakkuma (kigu) 80%
Padmik is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #49232
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I am so happy! I rearranged my plans a little and moved my Steampunk Death up from 2017 to 2013! It's going to be so much fun to do and wear and I can't wait until I can start working on her. Of course that'll be after Dragon*Con, so I have at least 6 months to wait. Stupid lack of money.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #49233
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Dammit, brain! Stop dissecting other costumes for future sewing when you've still got an unfinished dress on the dressform in the other room waiting for your love and attention. I don't even really know this character and I'm already figuring out how to make the scalloped hem on the skirt, the mutton sleeves, and the Mandarin collar. Stop it!
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #49234
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Aww. D: This saddens me and my friend.
I'm sorry. D: I'll still be wearing CCS Sakura, at least. And I'll probably be bringing Tsubasa Sakura for Sakura Con 2014. xD; (I'm missing cons in 2013 due to studying abroad.)

The kicker though is the earliest it will get to me is the day after Sakura Con. Needless to say, I was ready to kick something. xD; I'd have ordered sooner, but there was Chinese New Year and then for some reason Taobao wasn't working or something like that. Sigh.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #49235
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Gahhhhh why did Gamestop have to have Hakuoki in limited editions? I really wanted to buy the standard so I will have a little more money for MangaNext. Oh well, I get a pretty artbook out of it. *prays that I don't want to cosplay Chizuru after playing*
Wait, is there a US release for a Hakuouki game? Omg please tell me more in that case!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #49236
PK.love

Yeah blazers apparently don't want to exist when I need them. I know you are out there in my size, blazer!

Also I really want to cosplay Earthbound as Jeff but no one I know likes that game so I would be alone which is saddening.
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 03:50 AM   #49237
rogueofheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
I feel the same way about my cosplay and it isn't my first time cosplaying at all but I'm also excited for Expo hehe, I'm sure I'll get to see you there! But really, don't worry about it, just have fun!
I'm sure I'll be fine on the day. I had a flash of inspiration last night to see if I can get the horns to sit better otherwise at least I have someone on hand to make sure they at least look straight xD

But yes, I'll be there for the Homestuck meet so I imagine we'll see each other.
AMFE
* Terezi Pyrope (Homestuck)
rogueofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #49238
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Wait, is there a US release for a Hakuouki game? Omg please tell me more in that case!
Yup! . It just came out yesterday and it's on PSP. ^_^

And I like how I'm all, "I'm not going to cosplay Chizuru!" and then I find the pretty calander art. *_*. Pretty.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #49239
Ri-tan

I've been cosplaying as a part of a Blech-group for a while and now I find myself thinking about what else can I cosplay from it.
Academy!Ukitake probably at least. And Rin Tsubokura, he's that little guy from 12th squad that looks like Hanatarou and has that weird ponytail.
And I played with the thought of Kyouraku Shunsui, since I have friends cosplaying Ukitake and Unohana. Too bad I'm not manly enough,lol. xD And my personality is like the opposite of his or something. xD
Ri-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #49240
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yup! . It just came out yesterday and it's on PSP. ^_^
OMG, I must buy iiiiiit~~
Do you know of any trustable US stores that sell it (limited edition?) and ships internationally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri-tan View Post
I've been cosplaying as a part of a Blech-group for a while and now I find myself thinking about what else can I cosplay from it.
Academy!Ukitake probably at least. And Rin Tsubokura, he's that little guy from 12th squad that looks like Hanatarou and has that weird ponytail.
And I played with the thought of Kyouraku Shunsui, since I have friends cosplaying Ukitake and Unohana. Too bad I'm not manly enough,lol. xD And my personality is like the opposite of his or something. xD
Yes, do Rin!! I've never seen him cosplayed! It would be awesome!
And if you do Shunsui I would be like... forever happy.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #49241
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
OMG, I must buy iiiiiit~~
Do you know of any trustable US stores that sell it (limited edition?) and ships internationally?
Sorry, I don't. :/ Good luck finding one though.

It's almost finally time for me to go home. Which means I can have my Minako photoshoot for March 5th and fix my evoker belt. ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #49242
myalchod
reflections and dreams

One more coat of fluid to go on the bones. One more, but I have to run home over lunch to do it if I want to get the top binding onto the corset tonight so I can sew that during game tomorrow night. At least home is only ten minutes from work? :S

Have a mountain of organza in my bag to start putting stitches for gathering into over break. I anticipate some very baffled coworkers. This should be fun.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #49243
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
I'm sorry. D: I'll still be wearing CCS Sakura, at least. And I'll probably be bringing Tsubasa Sakura for Sakura Con 2014. xD; (I'm missing cons in 2013 due to studying abroad.)

The kicker though is the earliest it will get to me is the day after Sakura Con. Needless to say, I was ready to kick something. xD; I'd have ordered sooner, but there was Chinese New Year and then for some reason Taobao wasn't working or something like that. Sigh.
It's still lame that your costume won't get to you on time. D: The Chinese New Year pause on all things coming from China got in my way too. I'm hoping my dresses will get here before Sakura-Con, because it would be nice to have something comfy and alternate to wear. If not, I guess there's also Aki-Con.

Hope for a cosplay miracle that the costume comes a little early?

That is a really excellent reason for missing cons, by the way. You may have posted it somewhere, but I forgot: where are you going to? o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #49244
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

O.o Apparently Genesis will be more popular then I thought at Sakura Con... I'm saddened I can't ship my wing to now to complete the outfit >.> But I'm glad people will enjoy it at anyrate. Just shipping my swords will be a pain though T_T Might need to ask my aunt if I can ship it to her instead of to the hotel.

Now if only Kawaii Kon would stop changing their minds I might actually get a plan down....

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 02-15-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #49245
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
It's still lame that your costume won't get to you on time. D: The Chinese New Year pause on all things coming from China got in my way too. I'm hoping my dresses will get here before Sakura-Con, because it would be nice to have something comfy and alternate to wear. If not, I guess there's also Aki-Con.

Hope for a cosplay miracle that the costume comes a little early?

That is a really excellent reason for missing cons, by the way. You may have posted it somewhere, but I forgot: where are you going to? o:
Aw. D: I'd rather be realistic and plan on not having the cosplay in time for Sakura Con though, so if some cosplay miracle does happen it'll be a pleasant surprise. xD

I'm hoping to attend Waseda University in Japan for my 2013 Spring Term, as long as I can raise my GPA enough to meet the requirement (though that should be no problem.) c: Knowing I'll be off having an adventure in a new place definitely eases the slight disappointment of missing cons. xD I absolutely love traveling. I hate airplanes/airports, though; it seems like lately I can't even take a simple hour-long flight back home without my plane getting delayed for hours. Bah.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote