Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #49246
Blood_Sword
Prince of Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Sorry, I don't. :/ Good luck finding one though.
I found one site and went ahead and ordered the game (limited edition) myself, can't wait to get it! Ahahah... I promise I'll end up cosplaying someone of the guys...
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #49247
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
I really hate handsewing, especially slipstitching Dx
Trade you! I've found I actually prefer handsewing to machine-sewing ... which is of course 95% of what I have to do at the moment. >_>
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #49248
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I found one site and went ahead and ordered the game (limited edition) myself, can't wait to get it! Ahahah... I promise I'll end up cosplaying someone of the guys...
Too bad I can't somehow make it over to Finland otherwise I'll be your Chizuru. XD The only bad thing about the artbook, is that a bunch of the images in it are the pics from the game itself so I can't look at them. . Well at least until I beat the game a few times.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #49249
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
xD I didn't think he planned on skipping classes when he first went, but that's how it ended up. Worked out in his favor when test time came, though.

Even without going on necessary hiatuses, cosplay plans just seem to pile up like there's no tomorrow. o: If I had the time to work on things like when I was a student, I'd be cranking out costumes in an effort to keep up with all the things I want to do.

You might be able to take advantage of cosplay supplies being much more accessible in physical stores in Japan, though, even if you don't do any actual cosplaying while you're there.
Ah, okay. xD Good to know.

Amen to that. Gosh, I have so much work to do on Miku, Tintin, and good lord Chococat isn't even started aside from having a usable wig. I barely have any time now as a student, so oh gosh I'll bet you have even less time than I do. xD; Something to look forward to when I graduate, eh? haha

Ooh, good point! As for actual cosplaying while there, I guess that depends on if there will even be any events to attend at the time; I suppose I should look into that. xD I'd also love to do a shoot with the cherry blossoms in my Tsubasa Sakura cosplay if they're in bloom, but I suppose that depends on if I can find some sort of secluded area or something, since if I recall correctly cosplaying in public is highly frowned upon there.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #49250
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Thought I was done with handsewing tonight, but no! This pattern doesn't know what it's talking about; a horsehair braid hem is not going to stand up on its own just by tacking at the seams. -headdesk-
Unread 02-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #49251
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

I think I'm gonna get all the sewing done for Luffy and Law BEFORE March Break (original plan to mass work on everything during March Break) and leave the break to work on all the guns. OTL

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #49252
kamachima

Ugh, I hope I get over this cold/flu in time for Megacon this Saturday. I know I won't be at full health in time, but I'm to at least improve my condition enough so that I'm not coughing and blowing my nose the whole time.
kamachima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #49253
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Not sure whether to get fabric for a new costume tomorrow, or try and find something I can thrift. I'm not sure how to make my own plaid for a skirt, and I highly doubt that this particular design exists as a pre-made fabric.

Hrm...
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #49254
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Hem is done (2 hours of slipstitching), and tomorrow the underskirt gets bias tape trim and fastenings go on. Then this thing will be done! I can move on to the lapels and hat after that.
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #49255
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

:/ I keep nagging my dad to order the gold lame' that I want, but he still hasn't done it! I need to start soon, and I have no idea when the sale is going to end..........

So tomorrow's my last day of school for the week. Since it's a four day weekend, I'm going to do my homework and stuff, and I'm going to get started on AX cosplays. I'm trying to figure out how much I'm going to spend so that MAYBE I can buy Hyrule Historia for myself!
So far I've figured: $25 on gold lame' plus a few dollars shipping; heavy bridal satin doesn't matter because of my Joann Fabrics gift cards; errr...probably around $50 on cotton sateen and dyes depending on how much fabric my cloak uses; $25-35 on the coins and jump rings and things (I still have some, too, which is good); $30 on Princess Tutu wig; $20 AT MOST on Princess Tutu bodice fabric; $30ish on Nadeshiko's staff....
=almost $200

God this is a lot of money. -gone to check allowance money-
At least I already have pointe shoes to dye, but I might need to buy another pair just because one is going to get absolutely RUINED while walking around. And my mom will pay for tights since I need tights anyway.......
;_; this is so depressing.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #49256
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I'm trying to figure out how much I'm going to spend so that MAYBE I can buy Hyrule Historia for myself.
O_____O <3 want.....book....need...book....must...find....imp ort....
Ahem.

Sewing the outer layer of the train was easy. Despite being a slightly stretchy material, it's heavy enough to not move while stitching....the lining, however silky and smooth is a slippery mass of yardage, but it was sewn without success....now to fuse them together into ONE EPIC TRAIN OF EPICNESS.... but do I have enough pins for it.....

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #49257
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
O_____O <3 want.....book....need...book....must...find....imp ort....
Ahem.
I know, right?! Of course, the only people selling it are the people on eBay, so it's like.....>$100.
So I need to come up with money now.
This is what happens when I use my cosplay money to buy a $200 Zelda 3DS....
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #49258
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Made some more progress on Diva/Fabulous!Miku~! Current rhinestone count is at approximately 1,980. Gosh, this is tedious. But I think I can safely say that I'm at least halfway. xD;

And oh my gosh, I just had THE best idea EVER for my next cosplay-anime mashup video. Time to start planning that!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%

Last edited by LeekFish : 02-16-2012 at 01:26 AM.
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #49259
Blood_Sword
Prince of Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Too bad I can't somehow make it over to Finland otherwise I'll be your Chizuru. XD The only bad thing about the artbook, is that a bunch of the images in it are the pics from the game itself so I can't look at them. . Well at least until I beat the game a few times.
Aww dang! That would have been awesome! Why live so far away... *sniff*
Oh really? Well thanks for telling me. I wonder if the artbook will have character sketches and so, be useful for cosplaying you know...
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #49260
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Aww dang! That would have been awesome! Why live so far away... *sniff*
Oh really? Well thanks for telling me. I wonder if the artbook will have character sketches and so, be useful for cosplaying you know...
Yeah it stinks. :/

Oh and the artbook doesn't unfortunately. It has character profile pages with one picture of each character, what I think are the images from the CDs and the CGs for the game.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote