Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1128 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #49246
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

All of the sadness, apparently pretty much our whole Persona group for Saturday of Megacon fell through. It'll only be myself and my girlfriend. We're two of the main characters (Souji and Yosuke) but still, it's a little bit upsetting. We were hoping to finally have a group.

And welp, I'm really crunching it--the con is Friday and I've got quite a bit of work to do. Still, I'm over 75% complete on all the costumes I'm taking, so that feels good. My secret cosplay and my Saturday cosplays are done, I just need to fix up a few things on the other two before I call them done. Of course, the silly Homestuck cosplays are the ones giving me the trouble (they're supposed to be cheap and easy! Damn my perfectionism).

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #49247
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Aw. D: I'd rather be realistic and plan on not having the cosplay in time for Sakura Con though, so if some cosplay miracle does happen it'll be a pleasant surprise. xD

I'm hoping to attend Waseda University in Japan for my 2013 Spring Term, as long as I can raise my GPA enough to meet the requirement (though that should be no problem.) c: Knowing I'll be off having an adventure in a new place definitely eases the slight disappointment of missing cons. xD I absolutely love traveling. I hate airplanes/airports, though; it seems like lately I can't even take a simple hour-long flight back home without my plane getting delayed for hours. Bah.
Yeah, best to prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

That's really neat. : D My cousin spent a year in Japan studying abroad and he really enjoyed it. He said that he ended up skipping a lot of class to go to concerts and hang out with people afterwards because it helped him learn the language much better than going to class to learn it. xD; (He was a Japanese/Korean doublemajor.)

You'll probably have a ton more inspiration for cosplay while you're there, so you'll want to burst when you get home. o:

Time to charge your handheld gaming system of choice and stock up on books?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #49248
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Yeah, best to prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

That's really neat. : D My cousin spent a year in Japan studying abroad and he really enjoyed it. He said that he ended up skipping a lot of class to go to concerts and hang out with people afterwards because it helped him learn the language much better than going to class to learn it. xD; (He was a Japanese/Korean doublemajor.)

You'll probably have a ton more inspiration for cosplay while you're there, so you'll want to burst when you get home. o:

Time to charge your handheld gaming system of choice and stock up on books?
Amen to that. c:

Thanks! That's good to know. Though I doubt I'll be skipping any classes. xD; I'm too dedicated to getting good grades to even consider something like that. Definitely won't be going overboard on the number of classes I'll take though, since I'll want time to myself to travel around, haha.

Oh gosh, true. I have cosplays planned up until 2015 so lord knows how I'll be able to handle taking a year off from cons/cosplay. xD; When I get back I'll be dying to start up those costumes.

Yeah, next time I fly anywhere I'll definitely be bringing extra methods of entertainment with me, that's for sure. x3x;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #49249
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I really hate handsewing, especially slipstitching Dx But at least that means this dress is one step closer to being done. After this, it's snaps, hemming the bottom, and trimming the underskirt with bias tape. That part shouldn't be that difficult; I just did a small test and a couple scraps and it turned out pretty nice.
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #49250
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

Currently working on Twilight Princess Zelda and the only thing that's holding me back from ordering a wig for is trying to decide on what color to use. I honestly don't think her color is going to look good on me, so I've narrowed my choices down to either black or dark brown.
Palutena - Kid Iicarus

Last edited by Radiant Nightmare : 02-15-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Radiant Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #49251
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Spent three hours building Berserk Fury's Ribs... It wasn't necesary for the effect, but it was a detail I didn't want to skip and have to explain when the costume was getting Judged. Link to picture here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3152683/

There's a link to the reference image I used in that picture's description. It'll give a much better idea of the details I added. Next I just have to paint them. But first: Treat myself to some dominos pizza C=
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #49252
AriannaSterling
Writerly Nerd

Well, made a new account just now because my old one was like NOPE.

My current cosplay news is...that I have to delay like every single one of my cosplay plans because I'm trying to move out of my parents' house in five months. SO MUCH SADNESS.
AriannaSterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #49253
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Didn't get a chance to work on my cosplay yesterday...

The first and only Masq I wanted to compete in may have been eliminated...

I really want to debut this costume! I seriously do! It's not exactly showroom floor ready since it won't be dark enough to see the effects I put on it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
O.o Apparently Genesis will be more popular then I thought at Sakura Con... I'm saddened I can't ship my wing to now to complete the outfit >.> But I'm glad people will enjoy it at anyrate. Just shipping my swords will be a pain though T_T Might need to ask my aunt if I can ship it to her instead of to the hotel.

Now if only Kawaii Kon would stop changing their minds I might actually get a plan down....
You could always break down your wings and carry it with ya on the plane if you're already willing to pay for shipping. It'll cost almost as shipping but you'll be guaranteed to have it with ya.

When I was going to Anime Expo, I had to redesign my wings to fit into the luggages in addition to the clothes I took with me. Everything broke down to less than 4' but still had to use a fedex tube box to hold the parts that didn't fit into the luggage.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #49254
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Amen to that. c:

Thanks! That's good to know. Though I doubt I'll be skipping any classes. xD; I'm too dedicated to getting good grades to even consider something like that. Definitely won't be going overboard on the number of classes I'll take though, since I'll want time to myself to travel around, haha.

Oh gosh, true. I have cosplays planned up until 2015 so lord knows how I'll be able to handle taking a year off from cons/cosplay. xD; When I get back I'll be dying to start up those costumes.

Yeah, next time I fly anywhere I'll definitely be bringing extra methods of entertainment with me, that's for sure. x3x;
xD I didn't think he planned on skipping classes when he first went, but that's how it ended up. Worked out in his favor when test time came, though.

Even without going on necessary hiatuses, cosplay plans just seem to pile up like there's no tomorrow. o: If I had the time to work on things like when I was a student, I'd be cranking out costumes in an effort to keep up with all the things I want to do.

You might be able to take advantage of cosplay supplies being much more accessible in physical stores in Japan, though, even if you don't do any actual cosplaying while you're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Knight View Post
Spent three hours building Berserk Fury's Ribs... It wasn't necesary for the effect, but it was a detail I didn't want to skip and have to explain when the costume was getting Judged. Link to picture here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3152683/

There's a link to the reference image I used in that picture's description. It'll give a much better idea of the details I added. Next I just have to paint them. But first: Treat myself to some dominos pizza C=
The Fury is coming along beautifully. I've been following along, even if I'm bad at posting about following along.

I seriously wish you lived on this coast. o: Because not only would I get to see your workmanship in person, but also epic photoshoots with you and Liger Zero Lindsey.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #49255
Giyari
A gentleman and a scholar

Comment removed.

Final Fantasy XI, Scholar Artifact Armor: 100% (retired)
Final Fantasy XI, Scholar Savant's Attire: 100%
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Black Mage Artifact Armor: 100%

Future conventions:

Anime Expo 2013

Last edited by Giyari : 02-21-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Giyari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #49256
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Quote:
The Fury is coming along beautifully. I've been following along, even if I'm bad at posting about following along.

I seriously wish you lived on this coast. o: Because not only would I get to see your workmanship in person, but also epic photoshoots with you and Liger Zero Lindsey.
Thanks x) I like the feeling of being followed, even if it's not made apparent. It's like, you feel like someone MIGHT be waiting for the update, so you push through for it. Great motivator =3

I guess it's too bad you won't get to see the Fury in person unless you come East Coast for something, because I'm definitely not moving this thing more than what I could drive it myself in a day with a rental truck. I just don't trust other people around my 'baby' ._. And there's actually a regular Liger Zero cosplayer around here, and she's been working on a schnieder variant for Boston in two months so that could still be a good shoot.
Unread 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #49257
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Sorry, I don't. :/ Good luck finding one though.
I found one site and went ahead and ordered the game (limited edition) myself, can't wait to get it! Ahahah... I promise I'll end up cosplaying someone of the guys...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #49258
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
I really hate handsewing, especially slipstitching Dx
Trade you! I've found I actually prefer handsewing to machine-sewing ... which is of course 95% of what I have to do at the moment. >_>
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #49259
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I found one site and went ahead and ordered the game (limited edition) myself, can't wait to get it! Ahahah... I promise I'll end up cosplaying someone of the guys...
Too bad I can't somehow make it over to Finland otherwise I'll be your Chizuru. XD The only bad thing about the artbook, is that a bunch of the images in it are the pics from the game itself so I can't look at them. . Well at least until I beat the game a few times.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #49260
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
xD I didn't think he planned on skipping classes when he first went, but that's how it ended up. Worked out in his favor when test time came, though.

Even without going on necessary hiatuses, cosplay plans just seem to pile up like there's no tomorrow. o: If I had the time to work on things like when I was a student, I'd be cranking out costumes in an effort to keep up with all the things I want to do.

You might be able to take advantage of cosplay supplies being much more accessible in physical stores in Japan, though, even if you don't do any actual cosplaying while you're there.
Ah, okay. xD Good to know.

Amen to that. Gosh, I have so much work to do on Miku, Tintin, and good lord Chococat isn't even started aside from having a usable wig. I barely have any time now as a student, so oh gosh I'll bet you have even less time than I do. xD; Something to look forward to when I graduate, eh? haha

Ooh, good point! As for actual cosplaying while there, I guess that depends on if there will even be any events to attend at the time; I suppose I should look into that. xD I'd also love to do a shoot with the cherry blossoms in my Tsubasa Sakura cosplay if they're in bloom, but I suppose that depends on if I can find some sort of secluded area or something, since if I recall correctly cosplaying in public is highly frowned upon there.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote