Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1177 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #49276
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Tomorrow is going to be fabric shopping for my Zamia costume. Have my coupons and sketches all prepared. Think I'll make a Raseed costume for Pedro, need to find some tutorials on wrapping a turban on You Tube.

Finishing up the kimono for my Suzaku costume, just waiting for my wig clamp and stand to arrive in the mail. For reasons I don't understand no wig/beauty supply place in the DC area. Probably should start cutting bias tape.

Unread 02-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #49277
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I've decided my big dream cosplay is Astharoshe's Duchess dress. I've seen a lot of people cosplay her, but only one or two have ever really stood out to me in terms of likeness and craftsmanship. I must have that epic dress of the most beautiful blue I've ever seen
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #49278
PK.love

I randomly met a group member for our cosplay group today and she started talking to me. Since we live so close, she wants to work on our cosplays together. Why does that make me nervous? Ahhh...
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #49279
ghosgreen

Decided to drop one of my costumes and may drop a second one for lack of time and budget to get them done. Now trying to scramble some new ideas that I can put together in a month. I'm thinking Gone With the Blastwave and maybe Baccano. But we'll see how that goes.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #49280
Synn

How did I manage to go through high school with no one mentioning I was a dead ringer for Toki Wartooth?

fffffffuuu

*adds to list*

Under a bridge half a mile from the con center. I was very drunk. Also Hobos are awesome.
Synn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #49281
rogueofheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
Midlands Expo on Saturday and I'm so not ready and also really nervous. I haven't finished my cosplay yet so I'm kinda stressed about that and I'm also going to be doing a cosplay walk on this time so I'm REALLY nervous about that...

Eridan's horns are a constant stress for me. I mean, does anybody really know what Eridans horns are supposed to look like realistically and outside of the flat style in the comic? How does perspective even WORK on them and what type of shape are they really supposed to be because I honestly have no idea and I see them done about 1000 different ways.

I hope my new horns aren’t too inaccurate but honestly I have NO IDEA what they’re supposed to be like… I can’t work them out.
Ooh, I didn't know you were doing a walk-on. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine - I love what I've seen of the costume and given that even within the comic the art style flips around so much it's really a case of best guess for things like the horns.
AMFE
* Terezi Pyrope (Homestuck)
rogueofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #49282
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I should work on cosplay...or my homework >.> Also, I need to build my friends Jenova head piece... I'm just....ugh...I feel like blah...

I should do something today...I think I need more coffee or something. lol
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #49283
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
It does.

Oh.. I see. Well, I guess the artbook is cool anyway. *wants game already*
I don't know if I can cosplay anyone from Hakuouki this year though, my cosplay plans are already kinda set for most of the cons I'll be attending this year. XD
Me too. I'm actually set for next year too so it looks like Chizuru won't happen until 2014. And it looks like I'm going to end up doing her complicated calender art version instead of her easy hakama version. Darn you brain. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #49284
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I got new glasses for Jizabel! And these don't make me look like Waldo! I don't have any pictures yet, but I will!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #49285
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Knight View Post
Thanks x) I like the feeling of being followed, even if it's not made apparent. It's like, you feel like someone MIGHT be waiting for the update, so you push through for it. Great motivator =3

I guess it's too bad you won't get to see the Fury in person unless you come East Coast for something, because I'm definitely not moving this thing more than what I could drive it myself in a day with a rental truck. I just don't trust other people around my 'baby' ._. And there's actually a regular Liger Zero cosplayer around here, and she's been working on a schnieder variant for Boston in two months so that could still be a good shoot.
I totally understand how that feels. o: I was the same way when I was in the process of working on Haunted.

And nice. : D Post pictures if you guys get together for a shoot? Liger Zero Lindsey just finished her Schneider, I think. She did Jager last year and normal Liger Zero the year before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Made some more progress on Diva/Fabulous!Miku~! Current rhinestone count is at approximately 1,980. Gosh, this is tedious. But I think I can safely say that I'm at least halfway. xD;
Maaaannn, you're going to be so sparkly. o: At almost 2,000 rhinestones, I should hope you were at least halfway done.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #49286
jiffyspiffy
Quit

Why can't I stop cosplaying the same character? I'm working on a third outfit of Ion Fortuna's..I've cosplayed him to the past four cons I've gone to. .-.
jiffyspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #49287
OldestAngel

Maybe it's the sleep deprivation, but I think a gijinka/kigurumi/hoodie/some variant of that of Misuzu from Natsume Yuujinchou would be a lot of fun.

No idea why I love him so much, since he really only appears sporadically.

...but I must focus on my current projects first! Have a fitting coming up for Rock Bison, and I'm pulling together Sky High's regular outfit in my spare time. Fuu's kimono remains unsewn, but hopefully I'll get 3 or 4 hours where I can focus on that, and then Kotaro... hopefully I can fix his wig. :/ And of course, Nyanko-sensei kigurumi. <3 xD What's wrong with me...

Last edited by OldestAngel : 02-16-2012 at 09:52 PM.
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #49288
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

So I now have a huge cosplay list...and NO CLUE where to start!! Dx
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #49289
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
So I now have a huge cosplay list...and NO CLUE where to start!! Dx
I feel your Pain.

Unrelated note:
I'm remembering how the night before Anime USA I stayed up until 12:30 in the morning to finish watching Black Cat in case Charden Flamberg said anything quotable, I wanted be the best Charden I could be the next day at the con.

Thank god I finished Godchild about a year ago, and am not going to have to pull an all-nighter to finish reading it. ^^ *Is just re-reading to get excited to cosplay Jizabel*
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #49290
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Aaaaaaaahhh my dad finally ordered my gold liquid lame! Less than $30 for five yards, including shipping!

I'm still debating buying Hyrule Historia. I want it so badly. But I don't know if I'll have money for the four costumes I'm trying to make between now and the beginning of the school year. :/
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote