Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #49336
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Dang. Premade hakama pants are so expensive. 0_0. Looks like I'll be making them instead. *stares in horror at all the future dyeing for this cosplay* Oh boy. I hate myself for liking pretty cosplays. *stares at cosplay list for 2013 and begins to rearrange*
Ahaha, yes. Hakamas are expensive... I know... I love them IRL so I kinda collect hakamas. XD
But sometimes I end up making hakamas too for cosplays, especially if they are of some hard-to-find color or have patterns or something on them... or are some other style of hakamas, like sashinuki or something. I will probably need to make myself hakama for the next cosplay I'm planning to do, hooh excited~
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #49337
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

Finally decided to 'ádvance' my basic sewing skills and start on my yayoi takatsuki costume. Why you have so many ruffles!?
ToxicFantasyVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #49338
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

And I woke up this morning to an extremely sore left leg, from getting down on my knee and saying "Yes my lord" to my Cain yesterday. Fantastic. -_-

On a happier note, IT'S KATSUCON!
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #49339
throwaway358

So I am putting together a crossplay for Florina from Fire Emblem. Reference pic.

On Wednesday, I went to my friend's place and put gores into the skirt of the dress. I learned how I am supposed to hem and hemmed the skirt yesterday. I still need to shorten and hem the sleeves and sew in the collar.

Armor is a lot more iffy. I tried making shoulder pads out of paper mache and cardboard, but they are too circular (I wanted more elliptical) and they don't match. Here's what they look like right now.

For the hair, I can either drop $50+ on a wig, or get my hair professionally dyed for at least like $60. The process of bleaching and dyeing my hair would probably hurt it, and I have been growing it out forever, but having purple hair might be pretty awesome. This is what I look like (though I am suffering a bit from bedhead). Any thoughts?

Finally, I need to find a pair of ladies boots large enough for my feet. I am probably going to the mall today, so I will be able to look for them, and look at the wig shop.

ARGH, only two weeks until the con!
worry worry worry.
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #49340
MairuxKurunee

I lost interest in the girl I wanted to cosplay ;3;
-------------------------------------------------------------
Momo-Con ~ Makise Kurisu /stalled for time being/ = 38.97%
MairuxKurunee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #49341
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MairuxKurunee View Post
That happens to me a lot
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #49342
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MairuxKurunee View Post
I hate when this happens to me. Especially when I already bought stuff for the cosplay.

My sister and I almost had a heart attack. We had been searching for an hour for her jewelery that goes with her Kyun Vampire dress and couldn't find it and the cosplay wouldn't have been complete without them and low and behold we found it in other sister's box of stuff. Some of it needs to be fixed up but other than that it all looks good to go. ^_^.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #49343
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Gah. Dharma's shopping cart is giving me an error. And I wanted to know how much I'd be paying for the three dyes I want, since I already have black and burgundy. I think I can buy the blue dye from Joann Fabrics because I only need to dye a liiiiiiiittle tiny bit blue. So that won't be an issue. I wish I could use the blue dye I used on my pointe shoes, but whatever.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #49344
rogueofheart

Just got home from the first con I've ever cosplayed at. Such an awesome day - am definitely hooked!
AMFE
* Terezi Pyrope (Homestuck)
rogueofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #49345
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Yes FINALLY... progress.

I need to finish this cosplay by next weekend for NAD. >.<
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #49346
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I had a Minako photoshoot in the basement for pictures to put up on March 5th. I'm really loving my new camera and all the special effects. ^_^. I might even put maybe one or two up now just cause they look awesome. And after that I fixed up my sister's hair barette and glove for her Kyun Vampire dress. It looks like we're both all set for MangaNext now. ^_^

And I discovered how to make me look like I have a black eye accidentally when I smudged my eyeliner everywhere. Way easier of a method than using the eyeshadow.

Quote:

Unread 02-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #49347
Lady Marionette
Call me Pixi! :]

Quite a few things on my mind today..

1. Oh gosh, the giant taobao order I'm organizing with 8 other people is coming to be such a mess. Wigs keep going out of stock, which means replacing for new items = new shipping prices and it keeps wonking up my calculations on who pays how much. My own Mami wig was one of those out of stock and that means I have to look for yet another wig and a majority of the wigs have the curls either super heavily gelled or there's no back parting. I want my wig to look as realistically as possible without resorting to just buying a basic curly wig and doing it myself. I think I've found a good one on Ebay, but the super low cost+free shipping is making me hesitate.

2. For some reason, I decided to start on both Gwen's spear and Mami's guns at the same time. They're actually coming out better then expected, even though there was a few trial and errors. Which reminds me.. I need to go pick up some spray paints before Michel's 50% off coupon expires tonight.

3. Plexiglass. My new boyfriend ordered the wrong size for me (for gwen's spear) and there's no returns since it's already been cut. He order a 2in x 4ft and 1/2in thickness. ..I needed 2ft x 4 ft with 1/8in thickness. LOL, next time I should just order my own stuff.

And last but not least, ohmygodIfinallyfoundaboyfriendwho'llcosplaywithme. GUSHES. *w*
Lady Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #49348
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Finally finished my serafuku!Yuffie cosplay, and I'm excited as ever for Con-G next week. ^^ ...now I have to finish up Schala's wig, since I want it finished by Sunday evening. But BAAAAHH I HATE SEWING IN NEW WEFTS

...and god, I am getting SO worked up over finally competing in the masquerade for the first time. My boyfriend and I are doing a walk-on of Magus and Schala from Chrono Trigger (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2990218/ - us together), and I am just SO nervous about if my costumes are actually good enough. These aren't brand-new cosplays; we've worn them beforehand and just spruced them up a bit for the masquerade. But as a result, there's more than a few innacuracies I can point out that'll probably dash any chances of me winning anything in workmanship.
Schala's wig looks decent, but the dress has a ripply back zipper that I just CAN NOT get rid of, the hem's kind of gross (my stitching is far from straight and there's a couple stains on the edge that won't shift out no matter what I do), and the inside seams of the skirt really need to be pinked (guess who's shears are in another town at the other parent's house?). I also should have originally made the sleeves without the lining seam on the outside, it just looks sloppy that way (since the sleeves hang three feet off of each wrist...). And it being duchesse satin, I have NO idea if it'll be glared out and look awful under the spotlight.
And Magus? Oh lord. The wig's pretty much on its last legs and needs to be replaced soon. I can detangle and comb out the wig once again this time, but it really isnt half as nice as when I had just made it two years ago. The gloves are the wrong colour (black, not brown), the chest armour isn't totally accurate, he won't wear the "manly codpiece" so that's not included in the costume, and there's no metal stirrups on the boot insteps.
@__@ Good god, I sure hope I'm not heinously underskilled/innacurate for novice. OH YEAH, and I have a glowing pendant operated with a pressure sensor with the costume, but have no idea if it'll show up on a stage spotlight. That thing's kind of the costme showstopper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #49349
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I just realized that I can get the yellow and red dyes for really cheap from Joann Fabrics, except........they don't dissolve as well as Dharma. And the shipping estimate is the same whether I buy three or one, but the dyes I want are $4 as opposed to the $3ish if I buy Jacquard from Joann Fabrics.
I think....I'll buy the red and yellow from Joann Fabrics. And the purple from Dharma.
Now I need to figure out if I need anything else from them because it's totally not worth it if I only buy one little thing of dye.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #49350
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Released one picture from my Minako photoshoot early cause I'm in love with it. ^_^ The rest will be edited and out on March 5th! Although I am sad that it went from 122 photos taken to just 7. It's like, "What happened?" 0_o.

I also have acquired a pound of sand from my mom from a project my sister did. I have no idea what the heck to use it for...

Quote:

Last edited by TMLiza : 02-18-2012 at 08:30 PM.