Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #49561
zssfanxxx
I LOVE RAYMAN

How on earth am I gonna make or find Grell's Chainsaw ; _ ; *so stressed*

2012 or 2013 Cosplay
Zero suit Samus ~ 0%

Rayman
0%
zssfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #49562
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

I have white-out all over my hands, and my room smells like sharpie now, but Dietrich's armband is almost done, and so far, it looks awesome. My friend is going to be thrilled. ^^

AAAAAND it's done, and it's epic.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,

Last edited by Quinn the Shiki : 02-24-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #49563
PsychoLove
The MoonSquid

Ohhh boy I have no idea what to do... I want to start making my skirt for my Tifa Lockhart cosplay, but I've run into several road blocks... Her skirt falls under her belly button and she is super leggy. However, since my torso is waaaay longer than hers, if I bring the skirt that far down, it would stump my legs quite a bit. I could bring it up to my waist and just barely cover my belly button, which could get a pretty accurate leg - exposed waist - shirt ratio.... but I worry still!

Which inaccuracy will I take for a different accuracy?!

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

www.facebook.com/themoonsquid

Recently Completed:
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Marvel Comics: Scarlet Witch

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Pokemon: Gengar
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
Twilight Princess: Ganondorf
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #49564
Cherrin

waiting for springfest... it's a small convention that is only a day but i'm still excited ! i'm going to be cosplaying as cherrim.. the pokemon. guess why if you can lol. it's 2 weeks away!! ahhhh!
Cherrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #49565
AyySL
District 12 Tribute

I wish I could figure out what to use for the gems on my King Kazuma belt. @___@"
AyySL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #49566
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

So, since I've pretty much decided on going to youmacon, I'll be wearing black vow kaito to youma!
---
Planned Cosplay 2016 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Kazuma Adventurer Pantsu Thief [Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku]
Anime Expo: Fri-Gathering host!
Power Persona Q version [Shin Megami Tensei]
Anime Expo: Sat
Chaos Dirge of Cerberus [FF7]
Anime Expo: Sun
Tuxedo Mask [Sailor Moon]
Anime Expo: Mon
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #49567
Gemmy_Juneko
anger on a roll

i really want to finish chidori yoshino on time for springfest. i also hope it not hot that would be a real bitch. i am debating weather or not it is smart to go to the con in cosplay. i know in America, it not that big of a deal while in japan its the opposite. im not trying to be Japanese just ...figuring out which one would be more appropriate for me- hmm i guess it really doesn't matter. Maybe i could carry i chidori like bag to put my stuff in just incase if its like 90 degree and i decide to wear a ankle length dress because the school should be air condition....hopefully

i guess either way only having two weeks and a petticoat that you don't even know if it works or if its too long. i need to go buy yards of the same japanese cotton and pull a all night tonight at dad...i hope his room is big enough. he also has wi fi so i can look up tutorial . yup. yup. i can do this. i can resurrect a better chidori then otakon..DAMN IT I CAN DO THIS D:...hopefully -__-. i have so much other shit to do
Unread 02-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #49568
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I think I just figured out how to fix a problem. I've made a corset (sort of) but it doesn't really like to put my boobs where I need them. So I think I'm going to try wearing some shapewear underneath it and allow it do provide the lift. If it works I'll just add the privacy panel in the back and add a couple stitches to the front. This just might work!
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #49569
throwaway358

Is there a better place to post longish blog-like posts about my progress than this thread?
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #49570
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwaway358 View Post
Is there a better place to post longish blog-like posts about my progress than this thread?
Your journal? xD

~ ♥ ~
| Facebook | Tumblr | WorldCosplay |
~ ♥ ~
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #49571
throwaway358

I was thinking more along the lines of a particular thread where I can brain-dump. I can't imagine anyone reading my journal-thing.
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #49572
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwaway358 View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of a particular thread where I can brain-dump. I can't imagine anyone reading my journal-thing.
Nope, this is it.^^

~ ♥ ~
| Facebook | Tumblr | WorldCosplay |
~ ♥ ~
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #49573
throwaway358

Okay. Here goes. Wall of text incoming.

All of the images in this post, as well as a couple other misc progress shots are in an album, if you want to visit that rather than opening a bunch of tabs.

I am probably going into more detail than is necessary, but I don't have much else to do.

I decided to work on the armor this weekend.

First, last night, I spent some time figuring out what exactly I want the breastplate to look like. I decided I would put a piece shaped like a rectangle with an elliptical arc on on side on each side of the curved main piece. This is what it looks like. To attach it, I glued some scrap muslin to the back of each smaller piece, leaving about a quarter inch of extra along the curved edge where they connect. Here is a picture of the fabric overlap

While waiting for the fabric to dry, I started to work on the shoulder pads. Here is a nice picture of the inside I took to show how it goes together. They sort of do not match in height. I hope to redo them for PAX, but I may not find time.
Anyways, I started to cover them with clay to smooth out the paper mache. Here is a shot when I was halfway through.
Then I had an idea to give the edges a raised rim, like they have in the art. I started by rolling out a long string of clay, then put it around the edge and smoothed it like crazy. When I was done, they looked like this, and it was midnight. So I called it a night.

This is a picture of what I am going for, by the way.

Today, after breakfast, I got back to work. I cut out pieces of 6mm foam to form a raised edge (the part that is white in the earlier photo). Here is a picture of the cut out pieces. I glued two opposite corners down, and I am typing this while they dry. Here is a picture of the drying process. Hopefully it will be dry enough by this evening so that I can put the other pieces on before I go to sleep.
Unread 02-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #49574
LeekFish
Clow Reader

My Tintin wig finally arrived, but sadly it's too dark/coppery. =/ The good news though is it was only $16 so a friend of mine asked to buy it from me, making it not a total loss. Yay! And I've already found a potential replacement wig on Arda, so I'll have two wigs to buy when they have their sale. xD

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #49575
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D

I've been watching a lot of Hell Girl...the urge to cosplay as Ai has been growing and growing...why is it all my damn cosplays I want to do require a new wig?! Technically I need one for Kiki too....>.< But I know the minute I say I want Ai's wig, my mom will say "What's wrong with the long black wig you already have?" The long black wig I have isn't a hime cut, and it techincally isn't long enough...maybe I should re-think my cosplay choices so I don't need to buy so many wigs..>.>

Last edited by ShinobuWind : 02-25-2012 at 05:59 PM.
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote