Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #49606
LeekFish
Clow Reader
 
LeekFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
o.o 39 days left...

...I can do this? :'D
Until Sakura Con?

Oh.

Oh dear.
__________________
2013 Conventions
Winter SacAnime // Sakura Con // Equestria LA // FanimeCon // Everfree NW // BronyCon // Summer SacAnime // Sac Brony Expo

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #49607
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate
 
ShadowDrac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Until Sakura Con?

Oh.

Oh dear.
Oh man. I can't say that I'm glad that I'm not going to Sakura-con (it SUCKS; we all had high hopes of going), but when I see 39 days left I think, "Oh boy, thank goodness I'm probably not going, because I have nothing finished worth taking." XP

IN HAPPIER NEWS, my Mjrn dress is almost finished! One year since I started this copslay and I finally have the skill and patience to conquer this dress!
__________________
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #49608
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I noticed you wrote "*wonders why I can't find No.6 in the dropdown menu*" and I just wanted to tell it's possible to write the name of the series manually if you couldn't find it in the dropdown box. Just go to that edit costume info thingy and write it in and save, voilá!
Oh I forgot all about that! Thanks!
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)| Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #49609
OldestAngel
007
 
OldestAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Until Sakura Con?

Oh.

Oh dear.
Yeah. That sort of feeling. xD
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #49610
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,315
Yay, coupon commotion at Joann Fabrics soon! I need to go shopping THEN. Get all the stuff I need.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #49611
LeekFish
Clow Reader
 
LeekFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
Yeah. That sort of feeling. xD
I'm still not done with Miku... I should probably make a LOT more progress asap. xD; Oh gosh and my panel isn't fully ready yet and... oh dear.
__________________
2013 Conventions
Winter SacAnime // Sakura Con // Equestria LA // FanimeCon // Everfree NW // BronyCon // Summer SacAnime // Sac Brony Expo

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #49612
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,402
God, I AM SO HAPPY. First time competing in a masquerade, and I picked up a Best in Class! So now I'm a Journeyman and I've competed ONCE.... Eeeeee. Happy. Imma frame my certificate and ribbon. ^^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #49613
OldestAngel
007
 
OldestAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
I'm still not done with Miku... I should probably make a LOT more progress asap. xD; Oh gosh and my panel isn't fully ready yet and... oh dear.
xD Me too~ Been working on cosplay all afternoon so far, still figuring out stuff for my panel though. xD

Sakura-con'll be a lot of fun!
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #49614
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
God, I AM SO HAPPY. First time competing in a masquerade, and I picked up a Best in Class! So now I'm a Journeyman and I've competed ONCE.... Eeeeee. Happy. Imma frame my certificate and ribbon. ^^
Congratulations! What costume did you enter?

Gahhh I can't concentrate on school anymore can I sew?
I miss sewing sequins. It was fun. Until I started rushing, but still.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #49615
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
o.o 39 days left...

...I can do this? :'D
YES. o:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
God, I AM SO HAPPY. First time competing in a masquerade, and I picked up a Best in Class! So now I'm a Journeyman and I've competed ONCE.... Eeeeee. Happy. Imma frame my certificate and ribbon. ^^
Hey, super congratulations to both of you! : D That's a really awesome achievement! And your costumes look great~
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #49616
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage
 
Starlit Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,104
@LadyAnathema: I just saw in your signature that you are making Toshiya's Myaku costume. Awesome!! Had to comment, haha.

---

I haven't gotten to work on anything for a while. Late Feb/March is starting to annually become a chaotic time of year! Given the event, I don't mind, but I feel bad for not getting to work on my Barnaby costume for a while. I really want to make faster progress on it, but when I actually have the time to work on it, I'm usually pretty tired. At least tonight I got to finish with the helmet mock up. After I perfect the eye spacing and shape of the front forehead area, I should be able to move onto the paper mache stage. It's so hard to be patient!
__________________
Upcoming Costume List:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. (hero suit) - Tiger & Bunny - 85%
Armin - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #49617
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Congratulations! What costume did you enter?

Gahhh I can't concentrate on school anymore can I sew?
I miss sewing sequins. It was fun. Until I started rushing, but still.
Thanks! I entered in Schala- http://www.cosplay.com/costume/354423/ and my bf in Prophet Magus (also got that one in my list). We were amazed that we won so big, too; we actually had to change our skit around twenty minutes before we went on when we found out we could only use one exit on the stage.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #49618
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Yokan View Post
@LadyAnathema: I just saw in your signature that you are making Toshiya's Myaku costume. Awesome!! Had to comment, haha.
Ooh, excellent, another JRock fan. : D Usually no one had any idea what my costume lists mean.

I made Toshiya's Myaku outfit once before, but it was before I learned how to sew properly (or had a sewing machine) and so it doesn't fit right and the seams are all wonky. I want to do it again properly, so I can pair it with this~

Also, eventually I want to remake that bass so it functions. o:
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #49619
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage
 
Starlit Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Ooh, excellent, another JRock fan. : D Usually no one had any idea what my costume lists mean.

I made Toshiya's Myaku outfit once before, but it was before I learned how to sew properly (or had a sewing machine) and so it doesn't fit right and the seams are all wonky. I want to do it again properly, so I can pair it with this~

Also, eventually I want to remake that bass so it functions. o:
OH MY GOD THAT BASS YES. I don't think I have ever seen anyone cosplay with that one before. Or if I have, maybe once, in a photo from a long time ago. Dude. Yes.

Dangit, where were you when I was still cosplaying J-rock?!
__________________
Upcoming Costume List:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. (hero suit) - Tiger & Bunny - 85%
Armin - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #49620
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Yokan View Post
OH MY GOD THAT BASS YES. I don't think I have ever seen anyone cosplay with that one before. Or if I have, maybe once, in a photo from a long time ago. Dude. Yes.

Dangit, where were you when I was still cosplaying J-rock?!
THAT BASS IT TALLER THAN ME. And it's currently stashed away in my closet. o: Here is the WIP album, if you were interested in the process. I made a lot of mistakes in the process, it was my first prop.

Not many results popped up when I was doing reference research for it. o: The only other one I found was made of plywood or something. I think I may have been the first to make it with 3D ridges and life-sized, with a real neck and bridge and tuning pegs and strings and whammy bar and everything.

I was on the other side of the US, also doing JRock cosplay, apparently. o:
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.