Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1094 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #49666
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
On a similar note, how the heck am I going to find a Black Wig that goes down to my knees? Even worse than that, how am I going to keep it from Tangling? Crikey. Thank god my Dietrich has already agreed to guard my hair if/when we wear these in public.
Arda has one -- and an upcoming sale to boot. XD (As for the tangling, spray it with silicone lubricant when you take it out of the bag first, before it has a chance to tangle -- there's a thread for it on the wigs forum. Comb it through and let it dry. It's not perfect, but it definitely makes a difference, especially if you do it before the wig's tangled.)

... wait, why am I helping the Orden out? XD *Vatican cosplayer*
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #49667
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

YAY INSPIRATION!! Please don't leave me yet!

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Legend Of Zelda: Femme Link
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #49668
kimuhalu
Step AWAY from the yaoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLove View Post
YAY INSPIRATION!! Please don't leave me yet!
I'm next. It can come to me when you're done with it~
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #49669
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalchod View Post
Arda has one -- and an upcoming sale to boot. XD (As for the tangling, spray it with silicone lubricant when you take it out of the bag first, before it has a chance to tangle -- there's a thread for it on the wigs forum. Comb it through and let it dry. It's not perfect, but it definitely makes a difference, especially if you do it before the wig's tangled.)

... wait, why am I helping the Orden out? XD *Vatican cosplayer*
Because we're just that Evilly Awesome, bwa ha ha >)

but seriously, thank you. That's freaking perfect. and thanks for the advice, I must look into that. ^^
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #49670
throwaway358

I mostly finished my armor tonight!
I still technically need to make something to hold it on, but that doesn't count.
TADA!

Tomorrow, I sew like crazy, and then I am done.
Unless my wig doesn't come in. Then I will have to settle for dyeing my hair dark purple. Ah well, I (mostly) have my life back!

Last edited by throwaway358 : 02-28-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: posted before done typing
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #49671
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ooh, i just saved a couple more bucks on my planned Twilight Sparkle cosplay. I was going to just buy clip-in extensions for the pink and purple streaks in her mane... but then with a little testing, I realized I can hand-sharpie wefts cut from an old platinum-blonde wig I have. So I just have to buy two markers and I'm set, versus 10 bucks or so for clip-ins.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #49672
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

My Sweeney Todd belt is breaking. I have an extra, but the belt buckle on that is the wrong shape... will anyone notice this?

Also trying to figure out travel and hotel situation for Anime Boston. Kinda stressing me out a bit
Whenever I go to cons, the planning and hotel-getting is left up to me and my parents (mainly my mom). And I'm starting to wonder.... why can't any of my other friends' parents bring us to cons and pay for the hotels for once? Why always my parents? Something tells me this isn't fair.
But damn... I'm such a useful person. I'm such a great person to be friends with if you wanna go to cons, because it will basically be a free ride for you. All you have to do is pay for your con ticket and food. lol Wow.
Sorry for the random rant and self gratification.. I kinda just had to let that out

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account

Last edited by SweeneyTodd : 02-28-2012 at 09:29 PM.
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #49673
throwaway358

Okay, so I hear people mention "Anime Boston". I look it up. It is on the same weekend as PAX East (which I am going to with friends).
Funny how that works out...
I can only shudder at how packed the hotels in Boston will be that weekend...
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #49674
SweeneyTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwaway358 View Post
I can only shudder at how packed the hotels in Boston will be that weekend...
Oh you don't even want to know.... leaving the hotel last year was TERRIBLE! All the elevators got backed up, my group ended up sneaking onto a service elevator to get out of the hotel.
But despite that, AB is my fave con of the year. "Why?" you may ask, well, because of the mall attached to the con. It has the best food court ever! lol

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #49675
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

@SweeneyTodd- oh my gosh YES. I remember being in the food court (that was also my first time ever eating during a con...normally granola bars hold me until 10:00 pm when I finally decide I'm hungry and should eat dinner.) and there was this whole random dancing session thing.
I love AB. Wish I could go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
Green, pink, blue, and purple.

Also, does anyone know if PVC can be dry cleaned? I know it's not supposed to go in the washing machine.
Oh. Whoa. Like, are they stripes, going in that order, or are they...all in separate parts? Because pink and purple can go together and purple and blue....and green and blue...
What are you making?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #49676
SweeneyTodd

There's lots of random dancing. I remember getting onto one of the elevators near the large windows on the top floor, and just as I was getting on, a Caramelldansen line was forming. So sad to have missed that. Not gonna lie, I do a damn good Caramelldansen lol

But yea...the food is one of the main reasons why I go. I know that's pathetic, but it's just so wonderful to have access to affordable, normal, food court nourishment, rather than $17 hot dog and fries with a $5 water bottle at the con center food cart.

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #49677
Chibi_Miyuki

In less than two days, it'll be only two months until Fanime!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait!
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #49678
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Not only will Kitsune Kon also be my birthday weekend, but also Wrestle Mania will be happening that Sunday! Man, I need to start bulk up on sleeping because there's little chance I'm going to be able to that whole weekend! I might have to be "sick" on Monday as well lol! Shuuush don't tell my teachers! >.>;
It's only one month away! Can time go any faster? X3
Wait no, I still need to get my Tifa cosplay before then! Slow down time, don't go too fast now! Wait! I didn't mean it! ;n;
Seority is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #49679
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

lol it's been ages since my last con. I was hoping to make it to Mega this year, but since they backed it up to FEBRUARY this year, myself and my other half weren't able to make it. >_>
Looking forward to Momocon though. That one has always been a springtime staple for us, and our plans are gonna be a lot of fun. ^_^

Now if I can only survive the rest of midterm week, I'll be homefree to work on cosplay again! XD

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2014 Conventions:
AnimeBoston (tentative)
Momocon
Dragon*Con
AWA
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #49680
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So on Monday I tried to dye my fabric for Erza's jacket, and even though the color looked darker than what I needed it to be, when I washed it it turned out much too light and settled on being just a very bright pink. D:

And so now I need to dye it again, with a stronger dye bath. I used two full packets of Fuchsia dye and half a packet of Scarlet last time, this time I think I'm going to try for maybe a packet and a half of Scarlet and two of Fuchsia.

Also, I need to add more water to the bathtub because last time it wasn't enough and the fabric rippled above the water and dyed a little unevenly. .-. I really need something like a 50 gallon garbage can, something deep and tall to submerse the fabric in, not long and shallow like the bathtub.

Last: holy crap, wet fabric is HEAVY. My back and arms felt like I'd gone to work for 8 hours instead of it being my day off. D:

I was going to try and redye the fabric tomorrow (today), but when I went out shopping for more dye and ribbons and whatnot after work, I forgot I needed more salt. D:

And so because I don't want to spend an hour walking out to Safeway and back just to get salt, I'm going to put off the redyeing. o: Also, I need another packet of the Fuchsia dye, just to be safe.

Maybe I will test-bake a flourless chocolate cake substituting honey for sugar tomorrow instead.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote