Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #49666
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

@SweeneyTodd- oh my gosh YES. I remember being in the food court (that was also my first time ever eating during a con...normally granola bars hold me until 10:00 pm when I finally decide I'm hungry and should eat dinner.) and there was this whole random dancing session thing.
I love AB. Wish I could go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
Green, pink, blue, and purple.

Also, does anyone know if PVC can be dry cleaned? I know it's not supposed to go in the washing machine.
Oh. Whoa. Like, are they stripes, going in that order, or are they...all in separate parts? Because pink and purple can go together and purple and blue....and green and blue...
What are you making?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #49667
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

There's lots of random dancing. I remember getting onto one of the elevators near the large windows on the top floor, and just as I was getting on, a Caramelldansen line was forming. So sad to have missed that. Not gonna lie, I do a damn good Caramelldansen lol

But yea...the food is one of the main reasons why I go. I know that's pathetic, but it's just so wonderful to have access to affordable, normal, food court nourishment, rather than $17 hot dog and fries with a $5 water bottle at the con center food cart.

It's a pirate's life for me! Savvy?

Find me on Facebook!

SparrowStyle Entertainment on Instagram

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #49668
Chibi_Miyuki

In less than two days, it'll be only two months until Fanime!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait!
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #49669
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Not only will Kitsune Kon also be my birthday weekend, but also Wrestle Mania will be happening that Sunday! Man, I need to start bulk up on sleeping because there's little chance I'm going to be able to that whole weekend! I might have to be "sick" on Monday as well lol! Shuuush don't tell my teachers! >.>;
It's only one month away! Can time go any faster? X3
Wait no, I still need to get my Tifa cosplay before then! Slow down time, don't go too fast now! Wait! I didn't mean it! ;n;
Seority is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #49670
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

lol it's been ages since my last con. I was hoping to make it to Mega this year, but since they backed it up to FEBRUARY this year, myself and my other half weren't able to make it. >_>
Looking forward to Momocon though. That one has always been a springtime staple for us, and our plans are gonna be a lot of fun. ^_^

Now if I can only survive the rest of midterm week, I'll be homefree to work on cosplay again! XD

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2015 Conventions:
Momocon
Dragon*Con
AWA
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #49671
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So on Monday I tried to dye my fabric for Erza's jacket, and even though the color looked darker than what I needed it to be, when I washed it it turned out much too light and settled on being just a very bright pink. D:

And so now I need to dye it again, with a stronger dye bath. I used two full packets of Fuchsia dye and half a packet of Scarlet last time, this time I think I'm going to try for maybe a packet and a half of Scarlet and two of Fuchsia.

Also, I need to add more water to the bathtub because last time it wasn't enough and the fabric rippled above the water and dyed a little unevenly. .-. I really need something like a 50 gallon garbage can, something deep and tall to submerse the fabric in, not long and shallow like the bathtub.

Last: holy crap, wet fabric is HEAVY. My back and arms felt like I'd gone to work for 8 hours instead of it being my day off. D:

I was going to try and redye the fabric tomorrow (today), but when I went out shopping for more dye and ribbons and whatnot after work, I forgot I needed more salt. D:

And so because I don't want to spend an hour walking out to Safeway and back just to get salt, I'm going to put off the redyeing. o: Also, I need another packet of the Fuchsia dye, just to be safe.

Maybe I will test-bake a flourless chocolate cake substituting honey for sugar tomorrow instead.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #49672
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Photoshoot planning for Sakura-Con has begun.

One month until con, bro. And I'm so nervous to debut my new cosplays.

hgjksdDfldzvsnjkfnkdlashjfb
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #49673
LeekFish
Clow Reader

So much to do and not enough time! OTL I haven't been able to continue planning that second cosplay-anime mashup that I wanted to shoot at Sakura Con, let alone try and get some cosplayers to volunteer to be part of it. And after Sakura Con I have to speed through finishing Tintin and making Pinkie before Fanime, so I wonder if I'll even be able to do all that editing and send it in before Fanime's Music Video Contest deadline. I wonder if I should save it for when I return to cons in 2014, but that's such a long time and I'm really itching to make this idea happen... OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #49674
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I'm so close to finishing this jacket! I hope to finish it today and it'll be exactly on schedule, everything is working out in cosplay world, not so much else where.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #49675
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Well, I meant to get all sorts of things done last night, but between a stop at my parents' place and running into an acquaintance at the grocery (and then talking for an hour), I didn't get home until after nine. >_>;; Think I'll leave machine work until the weekend, and instead work on drafting out this sword (I think I have a piece of wood in the right size) and sewing down the last row of Kaya's lace. Less chance of shredding nail beds and bleeding on nice white sateen that way. T_______T
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #49676
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Happy Leap Year Day, everyone!

And on this day, we give thanks for an extra 24 hours to work on our costumes before the impending Con...
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #49677
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Oh. Whoa. Like, are they stripes, going in that order, or are they...all in separate parts? Because pink and purple can go together and purple and blue....and green and blue...
What are you making?
It's going to be for a Princess Celestia gijinka. I'd like them to be in "stripes", but not with crisp edges, if that makes sense. That's why I'm looking at gradient dying so I can have that gentle fade from one color to the next. Just one section of each color.
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #49678
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Finised re-reading Crimson-Shell, and remembered why I love it. and Wilhelm. For a one-shot, it's amazing.

I'm going to try to brush my Wilhelm wig again before Friday.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #49679
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Photoshoot planning for Sakura-Con has begun.

One month until con, bro. And I'm so nervous to debut my new cosplays.

hgjksdDfldzvsnjkfnkdlashjfb
This.

hdfjslkdfhfjkrudkfphonekeyboardmash.

Aiming for being able to paint everything over spring break, so I've been chugging out different armor pieces... now the question of transportation. o.o; Rock Bison, y u so large.... why is my car so tiny...
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #49680
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Argh, I keep finding appealing alternative versions of characters I want to cosplay and they keep getting added to my ever-growing cosplay list! At first I thought I'll "only" do 3 versions of this one particular character and now I'm up to.. err, 6 I think?

Character designs, Y U SO MANY AND SO PRETTY?

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 02-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote