Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #49711
Kuriin
DO NOT THROW SOULS

Ordered Nepeta wig and light grey snazaroo. :33 I found a decent coat but it'd be huuuuge and most likely longer than myself T__T

Next Con: Motaku???

.:Working On:.
.:Flandre Scarlet -Touhou
.:Nepeta Leijon- Homestuck

dA
Kuriin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #49712
Nibbs

tomorrow's my con!
but if my wig doesn't come here tomorrow before 5:00...
I'm totally screwed
Nibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #49713
throwaway358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbs View Post
tomorrow's my con!
but if my wig doesn't come here tomorrow before 5:00...
I'm totally screwed
I am in the same boat.
Best of luck!
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #49714
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Made progress on my panel, so it should be ready for Sakura Con without a problem! My friend and I just need to do a run-through to see how long it lasts, since we took out some of the material I included last year, and I'm worried about it being too short. Might have to bring some of that content back.

Miku, on the other hand, needs progress... badly. x___x;

I've also been buying a few Tintin books on ebay; have to be able to get into character and be more familiar with the series! c: This weekend I'll be fabric shopping for his pants, as well as some fabric to start on Pinkie, as I'm hoping to debut her at Fanime. Unfortunately, Bronycon plans don't look so good at the moment. x_x;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #49715
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuhaluさん View Post
I finally got my wig from cosplay.com's wig store. I'm not sure if I like these new color blends. I may need to go out into the sunlight with it.
I'm in the same boat. o: In good, natural light, my coscom wig (in Dark Red) looks beautiful and bright and vibrant. In mediocre to poor lighting it looks so much darker and kind of burgundy brown. .-.

I might just get a different wig. Because even though the sunlight color is everything I could have hoped for, let's face it, I'm not going to be in sunlight 24 hours a day at the con. I'd kind of like a consistently colored wig.

EDIT: AAAAAHHHHH YOU GUYS YOU GUYS, THEY JUST ANNOUNCED MOI DIX MOIS AS THE LATEST GUEST FOR SAKURA-CON!!!

H.Naoto and now Moi Dix Mois. I think I am going to die of happiness. <3

Why why why am I not doing JRock cosplay this year? For serious. D:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14

Last edited by Xanarcah : 03-01-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #49716
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
I'm in the same boat. o: In good, natural light, my coscom wig (in Dark Red) looks beautiful and bright and vibrant. In mediocre to poor lighting it looks so much darker and kind of burgundy brown. .-.

I might just get a different wig. Because even though the sunlight color is everything I could have hoped for, let's face it, I'm not going to be in sunlight 24 hours a day at the con. I'd kind of like a consistently colored wig.

EDIT: AAAAAHHHHH YOU GUYS YOU GUYS, THEY JUST ANNOUNCED MOI DIX MOIS AS THE LATEST GUEST FOR SAKURA-CON!!!

H.Naoto and now Moi Dix Mois. I think I am going to die of happiness. <3

Why why why am I not doing JRock cosplay this year? For serious. D:
I KNOW I KNOW I SAW IT TOO!! I used to be really into v-kei but fell away from it and I'm glad I can see something I'm familiar with.
But to sympathize with you, I hate that issue when it comes to hair. Real or not, especially when it's a shade of red, it stinks! I dyed my hair red a few months back and it looked normal indoors but had a beautiful red shade in the sun ):

I'm ripping out the seams, re-ironing, and redoing my cream pieces for my costume. I was reconsidering getting more fabric because I don't have any left over and my seams ripped in the arm warmers, but I'm just gonna suck it up because I only have a month left to fix my boyfriend's gloves, velcro, and sword as well as my stuff and I'm savin up moolah. I know now how to fix my previous errors so all should be well now. Now that I have a sewing machine, I won't be sore in the fingertips and staying up until 2AM watching Bleach drugged on Nyquil the night before con @__@

私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #49717
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

...I have a LOT of cosplay laundry to do this weekend. My Schala dress, my Yuffie serafuku, both of course washed separately, annnd then prewashing the fabric for my new cosplay. Thank goodness I do my cosplay laundry at my Mom's house, where she doesn't have to pay a water bill (she's got a well).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #49718
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirudesu View Post
I KNOW I KNOW I SAW IT TOO!! I used to be really into v-kei but fell away from it and I'm glad I can see something I'm familiar with.
Same here! o: I used to be extremely into VK, but then I forced myself to slow down on the constant monitoring of band updates and news while I was focusing on my last two years at university, and I kind of lost touch with it altogether. .-. But! M10M! I am so excited for them!

All my recent status updates, texts, and other postings on various sites have all started off with "AAAAAAHHHHH". This con is going to be the most exciting con ever ever ever. Seriously. I will be so poor and so happy and so dead when it is over.

Way to go Sakura-Con, you've gone and made your 15th anniversary so awesome! I'm sorry I ever doubted you!

There are 35 days til con time. I kind of want to start and make a new VK cosplay. But I have to finish Erza so I can match my group. o: What to do what to do...
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 03-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #49719
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

blah...I'm still to sick to sew T_T But I decided to work on finding wigs for my next order. I found a good Saber wig along with an awesome Seven (FF:type-0) wig XD

Also, I added wolf!Netherlands to my Kawaii Kon list and Love is war!Miku to my Hexxp list. >.> Hopefully, I can find a way to make my Miku wig glow in the dark because it be a nice touch to it.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #49720
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Way to go Sakura-Con, you've gone and made your 15th anniversary so awesome! I'm sorry I ever doubted you!
I've been avoiding coscom for a while - partly due to being crazy busy, partly due to the fact my group is missing Sakura-Con for the first time since we started cosplaying and so many people are talking about it.

AND IT'S THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY.

I did not know this. CURSE YOU, REAL-LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES!

/depressed-face

I'm going next year for sure.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: SacAnime Winter
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #49721
kimuhalu
Jenni Hidari

Quote:

I'm debating a new wig too. I got the classic purple. It has tons of light purple strands in it which really distracts from a true medium/classic purple. Far away it could be fine, but even 5 - 6 feet away you can still see it. Just looks weird.

I've only had it in my possession a single day. Maybe I'll come around and change my opinion. Maybe.
Caesar A. Zeppeli (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
kimuhalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 03:26 AM   #49722
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
I've been avoiding coscom for a while - partly due to being crazy busy, partly due to the fact my group is missing Sakura-Con for the first time since we started cosplaying and so many people are talking about it.

AND IT'S THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY.

I did not know this. CURSE YOU, REAL-LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES!

/depressed-face

I'm going next year for sure.
Boooo. D: This news makes me sad. I was hoping I'd get another chance to try and find you guys at the con this year. And coerce you all into coming for lunch with a bunch of us.

Next year. o: Absolutely next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuhaluさん View Post
I'm debating a new wig too. I got the classic purple. It has tons of light purple strands in it which really distracts from a true medium/classic purple. Far away it could be fine, but even 5 - 6 feet away you can still see it. Just looks weird.

I've only had it in my possession a single day. Maybe I'll come around and change my opinion. Maybe.
I can see how that would be really off-putting. D: Maybe you can find someone (ideally another cosplayer) to give you a second opinion? Or post pictures~ This thread is awesome about scrutinizing wigs.

I had one of my groupmates come over to look at my wig in different lights to help me make up my mind on what I thought about the wig. She mostly ended up agreeing with what I'd thought about it, but we came up with some good ideas on what to do about it that didn't necessarily involve buying an all new wig.

Might get a new wig anyway. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 03-02-2012, 03:30 AM   #49723
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Oh man. This idea I have for a cosplay is ether gonna be the death of me or totally awesome. I understand the basic idea down. Now the how to make it totally confusing and will require me to build a circuit. Which I have done before but last time I blew out all the lights attached to it... so...yeah... I think it look awesome but er I've never have seen it done before? So this will be interesting. But man it makes me totally nervous. T_T
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #49724
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Boooo. D: This news makes me sad. I was hoping I'd get another chance to try and find you guys at the con this year. And coerce you all into coming for lunch with a bunch of us.

Next year. o: Absolutely next year.
I second this.

--

Daesung has giant wings in one of the photos from Big Show 2012. They're so pretty ghdjkfjahs

I want to make big wings, too.

FOCUS.
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #49725
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

^I'm having the urge to make big wings too! Cause big wings are awesome and pretty. Should probably start with little wings first though to learn how in the world to make them lol.

I'm twenty today! *uncosplay related*

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote